Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats, Iron Maiden!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Congrats, Iron Maiden!

LOL ignore that delusional vote count, and congrats Iron Maiden

Fantastic King Kirby cover, full of alliterations. And one of the few chances to ever invoke Wyatt Wingfoot!

And thanks CaptCleghorn for the fun theme. (also Peter Potamus and So-So were one of my favorite HB Zoo characters. pretty much the Dr. Who and companion of the HB Zooniverse.

Just curious in that comic do they go to HB's version of Bizarro World? How close is it to DC's?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-07-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Yea, I got 1 vote (thanks Shalla Bal)

And Yea! Congrats to Iron Maiden.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Great choice, Iron Maiden! I'm looking forward to your contest.

And here's the cover I mentioned that has 6 alliterative characters (one of them a multiple!), none of whom was used in this week's contest:

Archie Andrews, Jughead Jones, Dilton Doiley, Geraldine Grundy, Waldo Weatherbee, and Marmaduke Merton "Moose" Mason!

Great win IM. And you stayed true to your Doom love.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post

And here's the cover I mentioned that has 6 alliterative characters (one of them a multiple!), none of whom was used in this week's contest:

Archie Andrews, Jughead Jones, Dilton Doiley, Geraldine Grundy, Waldo Weatherbee, and Marmaduke Merton "Moose" Mason!
    Awesome! Plus, now I know more names! (not that I'll remember)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh Wow, thanks everyone. When I last checked, it looked like I was losing. But the Power of Jack Kirby and all those great FF characters won the day for me!

Thanks to WestPhillyPunisher, Kirby101, Guicho and Attila Kiss and CaptCleghorn in putting me over the top

I will be thinking of something as I get to my appointments today and put up a new contest later
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post

I found the absence of the Archie Andrews astonishing and and amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh Wow, thanks everyone. When I last checked, it looked like I was losing. But the Power of Jack Kirby and all those great FF characters won the day for me!
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I get anxious about picking a new topic...so I was quite relieved this morning when I saw at the very last minute or two people had swooped in and voted for you. Phew, what a relief!

And thanks for the votes, kjn, Tami, Ajax and Java . So glad you liked that beautiful and colorful Cardy cover.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 08-07-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I get anxious about picking a new topic...so I was quite relieved this morning when I saw at the very last minute or two people had swooped in and voted for you. Phew, what a relief!
    I'll freely admit my confidence in my theme selecting powers is weak. It's probably a sign of the effort and importance we put into this weekly event.

Congratulations Iron Maiden.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'll freely admit my confidence in my theme selecting powers is weak. It's probably a sign of the effort and importance we put into this weekly event.
    I went through ChadH's great list the other day, just in case...came up with something, just in case...but I wasn't very happy with it. So I was very glad not to have to use it But thanks must go to Chad, his updated list is such a great help.

Looking forward to the new contest! With all the sh!t going on in the U.S., and the world, this is a welcome diversion.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 08-07-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Congratulations to Iron maiden for a marvelous and fantastic cover which hit to the heart of the alliterative name.

Thanks to all of you for taking part and enjoying what appears to be a theme that is true for so many comic book characters. I will leave you with a hippo hurricane holler. What? Like I didn't pick Peter Potomus for a reason?

I'm sure I''ll learn stuff next week.

Congrats Iron Maiden!
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex