Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How in the world is... Spoilers for Captain America #12...

So it seems that the recent Captain America issue has spoilers:
    brought Peggy Carter back to life and in a much more youthful conditions too. Am I the only one who is confused here or not ?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    brought Peggy Carter back to life and in a much more youthful conditions too. Am I the only one who is confused here or not ?
    end of spoilers
    Hey Marvel has brought back Jean Grey from the dead countless times, Superia, (If you read the Taking AIM story way back when, you'll know what I'm talking about), Snap Dragon in Bendis' run of Moon Knight, and Diamondback's brother Cut Throat, I'm sure the "brain trust" at Marvel will come up with how Maggie.C is brought back from the dead
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

The only thing I can say to this is...poor Sharon .

If it didn't hurt, I would just laugh.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And cue the sad trombone solo
    "Alas poor Sharon we knew her well" (people it's a Shakespear joke, calm down, it's meaningless)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    end of spoilers
    Movie synergy.

616 is Peggy is blonde, this one was brunette. Could it be the one from Saladin Ahmed's Exiles? That would explain how she's young too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

I had such hopes for her in this run, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    616 is Peggy is blonde, this one was brunette. Could it be the one from Saladin Ahmed's Exiles? That would explain how she's young too.
    Well in some of the Gruenwald issues of Captain America, Peggy Carter was a brunette,with the way comics are now, who knows? (Gail Simone in one twitter post nailed it perfectly "Most of the blonde actresses in Hollywood are not naturally blonde")
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

I don’t like it. It annoys me that the MCU is creeping into the comics. And I honestly don’t care who Steve dates as long as he’s happy... except that person, whom because of the House of M Captain America tie-in I have some lingering resentment towards. But most of all I hate all the fandom shipper drama the MCU fandom is rampant with. It’s stupid. And introducing this character is going to bring it to the comic portion of fandom that, thank whatever gods you believe in, we’ve largely been able to avoid until now.

And yes, poor Sharon. She doesn’t deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I don’t like it. It annoys me that the MCU is creeping into the comics. And I honestly don’t care who Steve dates as long as he’s happy... except that person, whom because of the House of M Captain America tie-in I have some lingering resentment towards. But most of all I hate all the fandom shipper drama the MCU fandom is rampant with. It’s stupid. And introducing this character is going to bring it to the comic portion of fandom that, thank whatever gods you believe in, we’ve largely been able to avoid until now.

And yes, poor Sharon. She doesn’t deserve this.
    Even though I stated "Alas poor Sharon.." in an earlier part of the thread ( referencing Hamlet very badly) in seriousness I agree with you here, (even in the early days the Disney Marvel merger Jim Shooter (of all people) made an excellent point about the synergy creep between the MCU and Marvel comics) also reviving ( I think it's safe to say it now) Peggy Carter like this cheapens the concept of death, and is the worst idea since splitting up Peter and MJ, and Greedo shooting first, (considering Ed Brubaker gave her a send off by having her succumb to alysheimers, hey people want realism in comics that is as real as it gets). However in the words of Kevin Smith "They're fictional characters"
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

Extraordinary Member

That is exactly what I was going to say. It's just her bad luck that Peggy turned out to be the only love interest who was more popular in the movies than in the comics, while MCU Sharon was (through no fault of the actor) one of the weakest love interests even by MCU standards.

It's a bit ironic that the comics are following the lead of the movies even as the movies are announcing plans to adapt some of the comics' more radical ideas, like Jane Foster as Thor. Both franchises I think do best when they try to come up with something a bit different.

pics or it didn't happen
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That is exactly what I was going to say. It's just her bad luck that Peggy turned out to be the only love interest who was more popular in the movies than in the comics, while MCU Sharon was (through no fault of the actor) one of the weakest love interests even by MCU standards.

It's a bit ironic that the comics are following the lead of the movies even as the movies are announcing plans to adapt some of the comics' more radical ideas, like Jane Foster as Thor. Both franchises I think do best when they try to come up with something a bit different.
    I feel like the Russo's really bungled Sharon in the movies if only because they could barely fit her in to what they were doing.

Maybe they felt like they couldn't top Hayley Atwell as Peggy, but still.