Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Dryad will be the key to Sharon regaining her youth.
    Or at the very least Sharon has a brain transplant with a newly youthful Peggy Carter (let's hope Luke Cage still has that old steel headband handy }:] )
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Extraordinary Member

Can we just talk about the suit and shield room....and the Reb Brown suit.....Really??!!???!!???!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In hindsight, part of me wonders why it took so long for an MCU version of Peggy to make it into the comics. I would have thought they might try something like this around the time Agent Carter actually had her own TV show.
    Has there been any editorial changes at Marvel? Maybe someone who really likes Peggy got put in charge?

so when did Nick jr return Steve's super-soldier suit?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    Has there been any editorial changes at Marvel? Maybe someone who really likes Peggy got put in charge?
    MCU style Peggy has been around for over a year, and as Captain America to boot. Saladin Ahmed's Exiles. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the Valkyrie from that run (who was also inspired by the MCU) met Jane at some point - the whole team should be in 616 considering how the series ended.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Marvel here but assuming that's 616 Peggy Carter and not an alternate universe version or clone or whatever I doubt it would reignite a romance between them. Romantic tension sure but Steve is going to be a little upset that she's been alive all this time and not told him (and possibly upset at Sharon for seemingly also being in on it) also I think everyone realises it would be a bad look for Steve to end his romance with Sharon to get with her very youthful still Aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    MARVEL WHEN AGENT CARTER IS RELEVANT TO THE MCU: Ehhh, we'll slide her in now and then.

MARVEL WHEN SAM IS MCU CAPTAIN AMERICA AND PEGGY'S STORY IS AS OVER AS IT COULD POSSIBLY BE: The Wilson has been removed from the timestream. Now Peggums will be your Captain.
    There's still time for Sam to join the battle. My guess is we're heading to an I'm Spartacus situation except "we're all Captain America".

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So it seems that the recent Captain America issue has spoilers:
    brought Peggy Carter back to life and in a much more youthful conditions too. Am I the only one who is confused here or not ?
    end of spoilers
    They have Blue coloured MCU Yondu in Future Foundation, so I’m not surprised they have her included in Captain America. It seems Disney is pushing for the comics to use the MCU as their base characters.

Are we thinking Peggy Carter has been alive in the post-Secret Wars universe since it started in 2015? I’d really like to see when the Daughters of Liberty were formed. Sue Richards just showed up yesterday.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-01-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Just read it. Coates is the new Nick Spencer with all Coates’ political philosophy about Liberty, (and the way Steve supports Misty’s comments on “all that Jazz” being the only African American in the group).

You get a real feel from this issue that Coates is telling a bigger story here than just the fallout of Secret Empire. Nick Spencer and Rick Remender went into the essential Steve Rogers/Captain America from Steve’s childhood, but Coates begins to see this story in terms of “What is America”? and begins to analyse the deeper traces of the psyche of what makes up America.

My analysis of America having read some history and made multiple visits to the country, sums America up as a country of Pirates. The Spanish called them pirates, the British viewed them as pirates, and the whole society works on a pirate mentality - if you are strong you take what you can, if you are weak you fall by the wayside. But it’s more than that. It’s independence. It’s freedom. And these come at a price. People in America have honesty and compassion too. The brutality is balanced by the helpfulness. And in the middle of the gun philosophy and the Hiroshima’s and Nagasaki’s, there is the drive for honesty. I think that is the part that is Steve Rogers.

I will be interested what honesty Coates brings to this analysis of what America is.

Well, chances are they probably want to make her the new Captain America.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

There's no need for jumping through hoops if that's the intention, because of Exiles already introducing Peggy Cap. The book ended with the team still together in 616, but it will have since disbanded (if it hadn't already been cancelled, it would've almost certainly gone because of the linewide X relaunch, Savage Avengers is changing roster, and everything else involving X-Men was axed). The members can't go home, especially Peggy, who was presumed dead in a nuclear explosion in her own reality.

And as I've already pointed out, if they're going for MCU synergy, then it's Sam Wilson who should get the shield (again).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no need for jumping through hoops if that's the intention, because of Exiles already introducing Peggy Cap. The book ended with the team still together in 616, but it will have since disbanded (if it hadn't already been cancelled, it would've almost certainly gone because of the linewide X relaunch, Savage Avengers is changing roster, and everything else involving X-Men was axed). The members can't go home, especially Peggy, who was presumed dead in a nuclear explosion in her own reality.

And as I've already pointed out, if they're going for MCU synergy, then it's Sam Wilson who should get the shield (again).
    This...plus if Steve & co really want to they can always Give Meg (MCU Peggy Carter) a version of the energy shield ( the one that Steve & USAgent in Force Works used.)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

WTF?

Free Jet, you cowards.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    WTF?

Free Jet, you cowards.
    I believe Jet, and Ian Zola (along with Dr.Mindbubble, and Madame Worm {I could be wrong on her name but the creepy Hydra leader that..well watch the old horror movie Squirm to get what her abilities were}) were Rick Remender's concepts & as sad as it is IMO Marvel would rather bury those characters than let another writer and artist put their own spin on them, see Young Avengers' Patriot created by Allan Heinberg & Jim Cheung as a good example (Kieron Gillen really wanted to use Patriot, but was told that thatbcharacter was "off limits" but Joe Casey gave Kieron the green light to use America Chavez, so that worked really well). Look I agree with you 110%. However it is what it is.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Well, chances are they probably want to make her the new Captain America.
    Doubt it. Steve was just brought back. That would be ridiculous. Besides which, Steve is "Captain America" in both the Avengers and Invaders titles, so assuming, timing-wise, the events of the Captain America book take place before the events of the Avengers, given that it deals with the fall-out of Secret Empire, we already know that eventually Steve is going to resume using the Captain America title.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 08-02-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    WTF?

Free Jet, you cowards.
    Remender OCs?

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate