Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's an unexpected pick, what about Swamp thing strikes you sexy?
    Hey, what so surprising? He is a green alan moore.

BANNED

I know it isn't a "fun" answer, but it depends completely on the artist. Some guys, like John Romita, are great at drawing beautiful women, while other people will take a supposedly beautiful woman, like Wonder Woman, and present her as ugly or butch. I've seen that so often that is actually something I can't help but factor in.

These characters pass hands too much and there's way too much inconsistency in their portrayals for me to actually have an opinion about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I know it isn't a "fun" answer, but it depends completely on the artist. Some guys, like John Romita, are great at drawing beautiful women, while other people will take a supposedly beautiful woman, like Wonder Woman, and present her as ugly or butch. I've seen that so often that is actually something I can't help but factor in.

These characters pass hands too much and there's way too much inconsistency in their portrayals for me to actually have an opinion about that.
    that's understandable. I generally just look at the character's overall design and how good they look in my favorite renditions of the character; obviously the character's regular characterization also comes into play as well. well, how about you just make your list based off the character/artist pairings? Ivan Reis' Cyborg, or Greg Capullo's Batman, etc.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-31-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hey, what so surprising? He is a green alan moore.
    touché? ay man, mossy tree wizards' gotta be someone's fantasy I guess.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-01-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Zatanna never stops being cute. She just has that magical quality about her.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 07-31-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Ladies (in no particular order);
    Artemis Grace

Zatanna

Selina Kyle

Dinah Lance (forum only allows 3 images per post)
    Talia al'Ghul (depending on the artist)

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

In my head canon, Wonder Woman still looks exactly like Lynda Carter in costume. For that matter, I still think of Superman as looking like Christopher Reeve. But I'm probably showing my age at this point.

None of the other live action versions of DC superheroes has ever embodied the role so completely as those two, for me, though Marvel has a few in their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Zatanna never stops being cute. She just has that magical quality about her.

I notice you left out her 70s/80s JLofA costume. Also, that picture in the bottom right is a little... off. But I mostly agree with you.

So tough call on a top 5 for me. As a straight guy, I'm only doing a female list. And I'm ignoring the "current continuity" restriction, since I'm at least two continuities behind on what I know. But all of mine are long time, major DC characters with some iconic looks, so that's what I'm basing it on.

1. Zatanna
    2. Wonder Woman (was a really tough call on that #1 spot)
    3. Poison Ivy
    4. Supergirl
    5. Power Girl
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Ah ****, I didn't notice Dick Grayson wasn't allowed lol

In no particular order:

Men
    1. Green Arrow
    2. Batman
    3. Kyle Rayner
    4. Garth
    5. Aquaman

Women
    1. Catwoman
    2. Zatanna
    3. Vixen
    4. Poison Ivy
    5. Starfire

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ladies (in no particular order);
    Artemis Grace

Zatanna
    Is that the same Artemis who replaced Diana as Wonder Woman around the time of Zero Hour? Since when do Amazons have last names? Also, I would say that I thought she was dead, but even if the DC hadn't rebooted their universe twice since then, I know that would be a pretty meaningless statement in comics.

I never liked that Zatanna art. I actually reread those Vertigo comics before starting on my mainstream DCU stuff, so I reread that special recently. I just really didn't like the art, though the cover was slightly better than the interior. I wasn't that impressed with the story, either. I'm making a stack of the stuff I'm rereading from my collection that I'll never want to read again in the future, so I plan to sell them, and that special is among them. Which is kinda sad, given how much I like the character.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    Is that the same Artemis who replaced Diana as Wonder Woman around the time of Zero Hour? Since when do Amazons have last names? Also, I would say that I thought she was dead, but even if the DC hadn't rebooted their universe twice since then, I know that would be a pretty meaningless statement in comics.

I never liked that Zatanna art. I actually reread those Vertigo comics before starting on my mainstream DCU stuff, so I reread that special recently. I just really didn't like the art, on the cover or interior. I wasn't that impressed with the story, either. I'm making a stack of the stuff I'm rereading from my collection that I'll never want to read again in the future, so I plan to sell them, and that special is among them. Which is kinda sad, given how much I like the character.
    Zero Hour was pre-Flashpoint. The Artemis in the picture is from Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth. A good read if you ever get the chance. She, a clone version of Bizarro, and Jason Todd team up through circumstance, and develop a family-like dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I have a similar school of thought with Superman, I think Clark is probably pretty close to physical perfection (compared to humans) and thus is extremely attractive, but I wouldn't say he necessarily oozes sex appeal, ya know? not to say he has zero sex appeal, he's handsome, you could even go as far as to say beautiful, but not particularly sexy.
    It's why I didn't list Wonder Woman even when she's generally regarded as one of the most beautiful women in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    In my head canon, Wonder Woman still looks exactly like Lynda Carter in costume. For that matter, I still think of Superman as looking like Christopher Reeve. But I'm probably showing my age at this point.

None of the other live action versions of DC superheroes has ever embodied the role so completely as those two, for me, though Marvel has a few in their movies.

I notice you left out her 70s/80s JLofA costume. Also, that picture in the bottom right is a little... off. But I mostly agree with you.

So tough call on a top 5 for me. As a straight guy, I'm only doing a female list. And I'm ignoring the "current continuity" restriction, since I'm at least two continuities behind on what I know. But all of mine are long time, major DC characters with some iconic looks, so that's what I'm basing it on.

1. Zatanna
    2. Wonder Woman (was a really tough call on that #1 spot)
    3. Poison Ivy
    4. Supergirl
    5. Power Girl
    The DCAU designs for the women were especially lovely:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The DCAU designs for the women were especially lovely:

Bruce Timm knew how to draw attractive women .

(I think James Tucker also did some of the designs too. Brave and the Bold ladies were equally as gorgeous).

Also, Alex Ross' drawing of Liberty Belle:

I don't know what it is b ut Lois Lane in the super outfit recently did something tingly to my loins!
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith