Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What sort of Equipment does Asgard have on hand?

Do they have the Cask of Ancient Winters? The Space Stone? Loki's sceptre?
    Everything we have seen in the Vault of Treasures besides Surtur. This includes Destroyer Armor. Odin has Gungnir and all that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Then it's possible the Asgardians can use the spacestone for a BFR

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sorry, away for a few days...

To clarify, I don't assume that Thor (or Idriss) can planet-bust with the Bifrost.

However, I'd absolutely spot him BFRing either an entire thing, or BFRing part of a thing, using the Bifrost. That seems completely in keeping with the use he showed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ghidorah is surrounded by a category 6 hurricane. Rodan flies around at multi mach speeds with such force that his passing wind stream smashes towns. Mothra can enshroud herself with blinding god rays.

Your idea is actually a really creative one, but she's got a MUCH better chance getting close to the land based Titans.
    And there's no reason whatsoever that Thor can't just blink that away. Controlling weather and specifically storms is what he does, even in MCU.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And there's no reason whatsoever that Thor can't just blink that away. Controlling weather and specifically storms is what he does, even in MCU.
    I was hoping someone would bring this up. People often forget he has these abilities.

My thinking is thus: Natural weather is probably easier to dissipate, because here he won't just have to alter current weather, but actively fight against ANOTHER weather manipulator who will be exerting opposing force and trying to keep the hurricane up. Like, I am REALLY good at opening doors lol. But if my brother is REALLY good at holding them shut, suddenly my task gets a lot harder.

"Blink" level effort has only shown to clear a small section of rain. Full effort creates potent tornadoes. I would personally think he could knock the hurricane down a few steps on the Category scale, but not cease the effects completely.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

I was hoping someone would bring this up. People often forget he has these abilities.

My thinking is thus: Natural weather is probably easier to dissipate, because here he won't just have to alter current weather, but actively fight against ANOTHER weather manipulator who will be exerting opposing force and trying to keep the hurricane up. Like, I am REALLY good at opening doors lol. But if my brother is REALLY good at holding them shut, suddenly my task gets a lot harder.

"Blink" level effort has only shown to clear a small section of rain. Full effort creates potent tornadoes. I would personally think he could knock the hurricane down a few steps on the Category scale, but not cease the effects completely.
    IIRC, Ghidorah is not a weather manipulator like Thor or Storm is. The flapping of his wings simply create conditions that cause the hurricane to form. So it is technically natural

Eh, no, the scene where it happened, there was a massive storm over the entire area. Once Thor shows, there is a tiny, no-effort area around both him AND Jane, clearly implied to be Thor offering that protection. When Jane's Broke Girl assistant says "um, help a brother out," Thor then nods and the rain instantly stops everywhere.

Now, that wasn't a hurricane by any measure (I'm from Florida originally, I know of what I speak), but it was trivial and effortless and wide-spread.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, no, the scene where it happened, there was a massive storm over the entire area. Once Thor shows, there is a tiny, no-effort area around both him AND Jane, clearly implied to be Thor offering that protection. When Jane's Broke Girl assistant says "um, help a brother out," Thor then nods and the rain instantly stops everywhere.

Now, that wasn't a hurricane by any measure (I'm from Florida originally, I know of what I speak), but it was trivial and effortless and wide-spread.
    Ah, I might be remembering the scene poorly. Fair enough. I'll take a look in a minute. =)
    - big_adventure

IIRC, Ghidorah is not a weather manipulator like Thor or Storm is. The flapping of his wings simply create conditions that cause the hurricane to form. So it is technically natural
    Didnt seem that way. I dont remember them saying that either.

Either way, Ghidorah would be constantly "generating" the Storm as an opposing force.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Didnt seem that way. I dont remember them saying that either.

Either way, Ghidorah would be constantly "generating" the Storm as an opposing force.
    It was mentioned in expanded material

It was mentioned in expanded material
    Cool. =) Well, my second point still stands then. Innate ability or wing generated, dude will be constantly shaping the weather as an opposing force.

I'm still looking for the rain scene. I'll comment when I've viewed it!
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Fair enough. Do you think Lorelai could control Thanos, Ego, and Dormammu?
    Thanos? Definitely no. His feat of mentally resisting Mantis puts him out of her league. Ego? Probably not. Mantis had to make an effort to put Ego to sleep and she was only able to do so because he wasn’t ready for her. Dormammu is a no because I don’t think a sentient dimension has a gender.

And do you have a similar stance on, say, Netflix's Kilgrave? Do you think his mind-control powers would hold sway over massively more powerful characters?
    No, because his mind control powers function differently. They were specifically depicted to be biological in nature, working due to some sort of virus. A virus which doesn’t have any feats of affecting any biological beings beyond humans, I’d say beings with different biologies wouldn’t be affected. Humans with really powerful immune systems like Wolverine would also probably be immune.

But the above is because of how his powers work. IÂ’d say Scarlet Witch’s telepathic mind control would be resisted in a similar fashion to Lorelai’s, by willpower and mental strength, not what type of being or how physically strong they are.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Lorelei's power only affects sentient human-like minds right? Why would it affect these massive animals? These giant beasts don't think like we do. Does the alien Ghidorah even really have a gender?
    Her power wasn’t limited to human-like minds. Just subjects who were male. So if a beast can be said to be male she should be able to affect them. Godzilla, Rodman and Kong at least qualify. Mothra, being female, definitely doesn’t. The others I don’t know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No, it's specifically genderless.
    Then it definitely isn’t susceptible to her powers.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Fair enough. Do you think Lorelai could control Thanos, Ego, and Dormammu?
    Probably not, because at least two of those beings (Ego, and especially Thanos) have actual demonstrable feats of being difficult for a powerful empath to control.

But to The Watcher’s point, that’s got nothing to do with their physical power.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Her power wasn’t limited to human-like minds. Just subjects who were male. So if a beast can be said to be male she should be able to affect them. Godzilla, Rodman and Kong at least qualify. Mothra, being female, definitely doesn’t. The others I don’t know about.
    Dennis Rodman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post

Then it definitely isn’t susceptible to her powers.
    What did she use her powers on? From what i recall its just human men, and presumably asgardian men which is why sif got sent to deal with her. Did she pop up after that and use her powers on animals?

Edit: Honestly it just seems like a power based on attraction. People attracted to her would fall for her charm, but a straight woman like Sif wouldn't. I wouldnt expect a bear or a mosquito to fall for her just because they are male.