Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Asgard (MCU) vs. Godzilla & Titans (KoTM)

Asgard has its shield up. It's armies are scrambled. Every major Asgardian is present (except Hela).

Can they defend an assault from the MonsterVerse Titans?

Godzilla
    Ghidorah
    Rodan
    Mothra
    Kong
    Big Skullcrawler

Godzilla approaches from the ocean/beach. Kong and Crawler descend from the mountains behind. The other 3 flying Titans descend from the clouds above.

BONUS: Hela is present.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh........

Does Thor get Stormbreaker? A Bifrost beam taking chunks off the titans may be their best bet.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

The Bifrost is really their best bet against the Titans. If they shot the Titans with the Bifrost into the blackhole which Svartalfheim orbits, then none of them are going to stand against Asgard any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The Bifrost is really their best bet against the Titans. If they shot the Titans with the Bifrost into the blackhole which Svartalfheim orbits, then none of them are going to stand against Asgard any longer.
    I don't think that's how the Bifrost works. Seems like you have to be standing in the chamber in order to get ported out of Asgard. Like a train station lol. Any other potentially more useful applications of the Bifrost have all been accomplished off-screen and with who knows what level of prep involved.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ehh........

Does Thor get Stormbreaker? A Bifrost beam taking chunks off the titans may be their best bet.
    Bifrost isn't a drill. It doesn't just smash it's way through things UNLESS it's the main chamber set to be permanently activated.

The thing with the dragon wasnt like he was struck by a laser. More like the portal activated, the dragon stuck just it's head in, the portal deactivated. Kind of like Wong cutting Cull.

My point is, I don't think Thor or Heimdall can just keep a continuous beam blasting away on a target based on what we've seen. If we DO assume they can keep a constant beam going, then we are arguing they are now planet busters. Perhaps they could shoot quick bursts of Bifrost energies near where they think a Titan will step into and then try to time a deactivation?
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Given how Thor AND Heimdahl used the Bifrost in Infinity War, I don't think the chamber is the important thing. It obviously was in Thor, but clearly wasn't later.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Given how Thor AND Heimdahl used the Bifrost in Infinity War, I don't think the chamber is the important thing. It obviously was in Thor, but clearly wasn't later.
    So you think they get the chamber's feats? Do you think Heimdall and Thor are planet busters?
    - big_adventure

Also, the Chamber was distinctly a useful thing all the way up to its destruction in Ragnarok. Heimdall clearly thought it was the only thing capable of evacuating his people despite his own abilities. That right there leaves the big implication that personal Bifrost abilities pale in comparison to the actual bridge.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So you think they get the chamber's feats? Do you think Heimdall and Thor are planet busters?
    I mean this is weird, since neither of them are planet busters, they'd just control a planet-busting device. Feel like this might be a bit of a strawman

EDIT: and it should be noted the bridge itself still takes a long time to planet bust, from what I remember.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean this is weird, since neither of them are planet busters, they'd just control a planet-busting device. Feel like this might be a bit of a strawman

EDIT: and it should be noted the bridge itself still takes a long time to planet bust, from what I remember.
    To clarify: Do you (or big) feel like they can wield a planet busting "device" as efficiently or to the full extent/power that the Chamber/Bridge can manage?
    - big_adventure

To clarify: Do you (or big) feel like they can wield a planet busting "device" as efficiently or to the full extent/power that the Chamber/Bridge can manage?
    Heimdall ? No.

Stormbringer ? Doesn't have the feats.

Just noting that you're conflating their personal power output, with the Bifröst.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Heimdall ? No.

Stormbringer ? Doesn't have the feats.

Just noting that you're conflating their personal power output, with the Bifröst.
    If they can wield it just as well as the chamber can, then the logical implication is that they are indeed planet busters. Semantics on personal power aside, if they can summon a big old laser bridge as a power that they have on the level of the chamber, that means that can break apart a planet with a thing they have and can do. So they would be planet busters.

What you are trying to do sounds more like if someone said "Master Chief can survive orbital reentry!" and someone else chimes in to say "His suit can not him. Sounds like you are conflating personal power with the Mark V".

It's a thing they can use. If people assume they can use it as well as the Chamber could, then those people have in essence made that claim that they can destroy planets (not as fast as the death star, sure, but not slow either.).

Edit: Basically this all stems from big's comment that the Chamber isn't important. Maybe he can clarify? Does he feel that they can wield the Bifrost in the same manner? Do they get it's feats?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-31-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    - big_adventure

If they can wield it just as well as the chamber can, then the logical implication is that they are indeed planet busters. Semantics on personal power aside, if they can summon a big old laser bridge as a power that they have on the level of the chamber, that means that can break apart a planet with a thing they have and can do. So they would be planet busters.

What you are trying to do sounds more like if someone said "Master Chief can survive orbital reentry!" and someone else chimes in to say "His suit can not him. Sounds like you are conflating personal power with the Mark V".

It's a thing they can use. If people assume they can use it as well as the Chamber could, then those people have in essence made that claim that they can destroy planets (not as fast as the death star, sure, but not slow either.).

Edit: Basically this all stems from big's comment that the Chamber isn't important. Maybe he can clarify? Does he feel that they can wield the Bifrost in the same manner? Do they get it's feats?
    He might be referencing Thor summoning the bridge with Stormbringer. Which shows he can certainly use the Bifröst, even after it was destroyed.

Which =/= the Teleportation nipple.

And while I appreciate the Master Chief comparison ... there's explicit requirements for wearing the suit, up to an including physical alteration/augmentation. No requirements at all on Stormbringer, beyond Thor saying 'no touch', essentially. So not quite the same.

Arx Inosaan

He might be referencing Thor summoning the bridge with Stormbringer. Which shows he can certainly use the Bifröst, even after it was destroyed.

Which =/= the Teleportation nipple.

And while I appreciate the Master Chief comparison ... there's explicit requirements for wearing the suit, up to an including physical alteration/augmentation. No requirements at all on Stormbringer, beyond Thor saying 'no touch', essentially. So not quite the same.
    That might totally be what big means and thinks. If so, I've wasted a perfectly good rant on nothing! ;P

I'm just curious on if he feels Thor can replicate any feat the Chamber has managed. Maybe I'm completely wrong here.

*grumble grumble - punching me right in my Halo brain* Ok, it's like saying Tony isnt durable - just his armor. Or Hawkeye can't blow up a tank, just his explosive arrow. The Bifrost is now just a tool in Thor's utility belt basically. Its important to establish how well he can wield that tool and if it's feats can be universally accepted regardless of who/what was using the tool.
    - big_adventure

Which is certainly fair. Though I request we call it the Thortility Belt.

As far as the feats go however, it's pretty vague. At the least though, we can assume that since it's Stormbringer channeling the Bifröst, and doing so without 1) the Bifröst teleporter existing anymore, 2) any apparent windup ; it's probably somewhat safe to say it's at least powerful enough to teleport three people.

Bam.

Arx Inosaan