Default Finale of Paper Girls

What did you guys think? Is this just the same thing will happen? That they will just end up like their future selves?

Astonishing Member

I thought this issue nailed it. Remember how they kept being told by their future selves that they shouldn't let themselves drift away from one another? I suspect that now they will always feel they have a bond, even if they aren't sure why.

Astonishing Member

Another way in which they won't wind up like their (former) future selves: Tiffany decides that buying gadgets like the walkie-talkie isn't really as important to her as she had always believed, and she decides to stop earning and just "be". That sounds as if she is already realizing now what she otherwise wouldn't realize until after she went to business school at NYU. She's won't take that same path in life now.

There is definitely the sense that the girls have learned something to change their futures regarding their friendship and other aspects of their lives. I'm also holding out hope for Mac's condition. But for this to be as powerful as it is, we need to be left here without a resolution and be at the mercy of our imaginations because the future is undefined.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I liked it. A tad bittersweet, but it was a well executed end. One of these days I'll have to see about re-reading from the beginning, see how it all adds up in quick succession.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

One thing I feel that their future changed is how their friend went back in time to saved them. When in fact that's what stopped the Paper Girls in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I liked it. A tad bittersweet, but it was a well executed end. One of these days I'll have to see about re-reading from the beginning, see how it all adds up in quick succession.
    I read the whole series in one shot after they were all collected in trade. At the end, I put book six down, I sat back, and I smiled. It all felt right. Great series.