Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cardiac I don't really see as a villain. An antagonist because of his methods, but not necessarily a villain. He's also especially topical and relevant because his targets are primarily crooked businessmen who manipulate and even effectively buy the law so that they can get away with the harm they inflict on others (and on society as a whole).

Besides Cardiac, my favorite Spider-Man B-list villain is Joystick, mostly for her thrill-seeking personality and her encounters with Ben Reilly when he was the sole web-slinger of New York City. Still have to get her Thunderbolts appearances, though.
    Highly recommended, IMHO.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Highly recommended, IMHO.
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    You're welcome, Huntsman Spider. Hope you enjoy Nicieza's T-Bolts as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome, Huntsman Spider. Hope you enjoy Nicieza's T-Bolts as much as I did.
    Having gotten a glimpse of them in the Heroes for Hire/Thunderbolts collection released for the 10-year anniversary of Civil War (probably in anticipation of Captain America: Civil War), I'm pretty sure I will.

I'd like there to be a new Human Fly. I'd rather not resurrect Rick Deacon. Make this person smarter from a completely different background.

Cardiac I don't really see as a villain. An antagonist because of his methods, but not necessarily a villain. He's also especially topical and relevant because his targets are primarily crooked businessmen who manipulate and even effectively buy the law so that they can get away with the harm they inflict on others (and on society as a whole).

Besides Cardiac, my favorite Spider-Man B-list villain is Joystick, mostly for her thrill-seeking personality and her encounters with Ben Reilly when he was the sole web-slinger of New York City. Still have to get her Thunderbolts appearances, though.
    Sorry for the late response

Well, okay. I can picture Cardiac as an anti-hero antagonist type. He's kind of like Magneto in a way. You can agree with what the character is fighting for, you just don't always agree with the methods. I don't think Cardiac is as villainous as Magneto though, and he doesn't have Magneto's body count or the number of times that Magneto brought about serious global disaster.

I haven't read anything with Cardiac in a while. I didn't read Superior Spider-Man, and from what I understand the character was portrayed a little bit more sympathetically and as more of a hero. That true, or do I have things mixed up.

Agree with the others who have recommended Joystick from her time with Thunderbolts. She was really fun there. I have to admit that I didn't know that she had been a regular Ben Reilly foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Sorry for the late response

Well, okay. I can picture Cardiac as an anti-hero antagonist type. He's kind of like Magneto in a way. You can agree with what the character is fighting for, you just don't always agree with the methods. I don't think Cardiac is as villainous as Magneto though, and he doesn't have Magneto's body count or the number of times that Magneto brought about serious global disaster.

I haven't read anything with Cardiac in a while. I didn't read Superior Spider-Man, and from what I understand the character was portrayed a little bit more sympathetically and as more of a hero. That true, or do I have things mixed up.

Agree with the others who have recommended Joystick from her time with Thunderbolts. She was really fun there. I have to admit that I didn't know that she had been a regular Ben Reilly foe.
    Or made things worse for the people he claimed to be fighting for, and yes, Superior Spider-Man did portray Cardiac more heroically, at least in comparison to Otto Octavius's version of Spider-Man. As for Joystick, her time as a Ben Reilly foe was when she first made her debut, and I'd love to see them face off again.

I'm going to go with Fusion from the Jenkins run. That's a villain with incredible unexplored potential.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Puma.

I'd kind of assume, from 1984 to 1990, he was an A-lister, in presence, and appearances. From hired assassin, to smelling Spidey's scent in Peter Parker, to deducing the symbiote's webs are organic. To attempting to slay the Beyonder, to setting up traps as a "job" for Peter soonafter his marriage. All the while, operating Fireheart Industries, as Thomas Fireheart, proud Native American businessman, who then bought the Daily Bugle, decorating New York with billboards full of positive Spidey campaignings to somehow fulfill a "debt of honor" - only for Spidey still wanting nothing to do about it, so that the only way the "debt" was settled was for another totemistic spider vs puma savage duel in the desert. Even still in-between, he had a few more Puma stints, as a member of Silver Sable's and Spider-Man's "The Outlaws", alongside Prowler, Sandman, and Rocket Racer, even snuck in some flirting with She-Hulk.

Last time I recall the last decent showing of Puma, Sensational Spider-Man #23-27, "Feral", 2006 and a few further cameos as Black Cat's then-lover, Sensational Spider-Man #32-34, 2007.

Last time I recall the last decent depiction of Thomas Fireheart, as well as his Uncle, who used to show up here and there to re-remind him of his tribal heritage, Spider-Man Unlimited (Volume 1) #15, 1997.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-14-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Puma was awesome. Definitely a character I’d like to see get a bit of the spotlight again.

This is probably lower than B, but I'm bad with the different tiers.
    My pick is The Robot Master. I like him because he's essentially the man behind Green Goblin but that never comes up. He's become sort of a man in the shadows type character which is interesting to me.

Amazing Member

Scorpion is kinda in the limbo between B-list and A-list.
    I'd pick him.

Shocker and even Boomerang (especially after Superior Foes of Spider-Man and the the recent Spencer run) are very likeable because, in the end, they are not evil persons.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m not even sure if she qualifies as B (maybe C or D lol)since she hasn’t been in many stories at all but I always loved Shriek.
    She kind of sounds like she'd be more like Spider-man's Joker type enemy than Green Goblin, but admittedly this is the first time I have ever heard of her.

Boomerang at the moment. I like the way Nick Spencer writes him as an total ******* who still has a weird sort of charisma by way of being hilarious.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    She kind of sounds like she'd be more like Spider-man's Joker type enemy than Green Goblin, but admittedly this is the first time I have ever heard of her.
    Missed the Maximum Carnage videogame, huh?