All-New Member

Default Symbiote Spider-Man placement in a chronological standpoint?

Hey guys!

So I want to map the Symbiote Suit era and insert the recently released Symbiote Spider-Man mini series (and later its sequel the Alien Reality) into my reading order, but I can't find a good point where should it/they be. Any advice? Was it discussed earlier? (couldn't find a related topic)

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Destiny1944; 12-17-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny1944 View Post
    Hey guys!

So I want to map the Symbiote Suit era and insert the recently released Symbiote Spider-Man mini series (and later its sequel) but I can't find a good point where should it be. Any advice? Was it discussed earlier? (couldn't find a related topic)

Thank you in advance!
    Well, I would suggest to read Spider-Man: The Birth of Venom. It's a compilation of stories about the origins of the Symbiote:
    1. Amid the Chaos, There Comes a Costume - Secret War #8
    2. The Black Costume Saga - AMS #252-259
    3. The Break Up - Spectacular Spider-Man #100
    4. Til Death Do Us Part - Web of Spider-Man #1
    5. Venom - AMS #300 + partial of ASM #298-299
    6. The return of Venom - AMS #315-317
    7. Venom Files from ASM annual #25

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well, I would suggest to read Spider-Man: The Birth of Venom. It's a compilation of stories about the origins of the Symbiote:
    1. Amid the Chaos, There Comes a Costume - Secret War #8
    2. The Black Costume Saga - AMS #252-259
    3. The Break Up - Spectacular Spider-Man #100
    4. Til Death Do Us Part - Web of Spider-Man #1
    5. Venom - AMS #300 + partial of ASM #298-299
    6. The return of Venom - AMS #315-317
    7. Venom Files from ASM annual #25
    Sorry, I didn't ask for recommendation for a certain story/comicbook, rather a complete reading order (or if not that, just the Symbiote Spider-Man related parts).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny1944 View Post
    Hey guys!

So I want to map the Symbiote Suit era and insert the recently released Symbiote Spider-Man mini series (and later its sequel the Alien Reality) into my reading order, but I can't find a good point where should it/they be. Any advice? Was it discussed earlier? (couldn't find a related topic)

Thank you in advance!
    Somewhere between Amazing Spider-Man #252, when he came back to Earth wearing the symbiote, and before Amazing Spider-Man #256, when the Puma, in issue #257, clued in that the suit's webbing is "organic".

I believe that will be the only answer possible, unless some clearer clues, such as, has Spidey in "Symbiote Spider-Man" referenced his encounters against Rose or Jack O' Lantern?
    Last edited by ngroove; 12-17-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Somewhere between Amazing Spider-Man #252, when he came back to Earth wearing the symbiote, and before Amazing Spider-Man #256, when the Puma, in issue #257, clued in that the suit's webbing is "organic".

I believe that will be the only answer possible, unless some clearer clues, such as, has Spidey in "Symbiote Spider-Man" referenced his encounters against Rose or Jack O' Lantern?
    The first mini-series is a headache trying to figure out because it contradicts events in Spectacular. I've read some say it fits generally between #252 and #253. The second one is too early to tell.