Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mad Jack (Jack O'Lantern) I'm a sucker for Halloween gimmick baddies.

I also really like the Alan Fagan version of Mr. Fear, but he is probably considered more C-list. (Not many appearances since "Web of Spider-Man", and when he does it's usually as a background cameo villain, or that tiny role in "Breakout" mini.)

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hobgoblin (If he can be considered such?)
    I'd say the Jason Macendale and Phil Urich versions were solid b-listers at best.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I was really digging Rose's stories from the 80s.

Nowadays, I like Mr Negative and Tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    ....I'd say the Jason Macendale and Phil Urich versions were solid b-listers at best.
    If not Hobgoblin (I was thinking more of OG or Kingsley Hobgoblin) I'll go with Jackal or Mr. Negative in modern times.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Who's under the definition of "B-List" Villain? What, is the only "A-Listers" you guys' opinions, are Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and maybe Venom?

My opinion of A-Listers, are: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Scorpion, Rhino, Hobgoblin, Venom, Carnage, and Kingpin.

I am definitely quite sure at least Vulture and Mysterio has long establishedly joined the A-Team when Marvel Studios made the decisions to make them the main baddies of the last two Spidey films.

For the most part, most of the Sinister Six members, other than Chameleon whose not really been as used as much as the others, I'd qualify as not just counted on to be overused, but also well multi-dimensionalized; including Rhino.

Kraven the Hunter, he was more than just the three big "Hunt" stories; he was also constantly wildly used by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas back in the sixties and seventies.
    I define A-list villains as those who made an impact in the title and its protagonist, more than how many times they have appeared or if they have adaptations in other media, though I welcome other interpretations in the topic.

That's why, as used as Kraven was, that isn't the reason I put him as an A lister. His stories were the typical one and done or two parts that were done with any villain until KLH. Green Goblin, instead, was a regular villain that escaped Spider-Man over and over and once he was finally defeated, his secret identity brought a whole new level of elements to the Spider-Man/GG rivalry. Dr Octopus formed the Sinister Six and later was involved in the death of Captain Stacy. Venom was the star of the issue #300 and started a quick ascension as one of Spider-Man's most popular foes. Kingpin had a good share of long storylines where he proved to be a dangerous foe before starting to be an important villain to DD. I put Vulture into question because, even though not celebrated as GG or Dr Octopus, he was responsible for the death of Nathan Lubensky and has had important storylines under some of the best Spider-Man's writers; Stan Lee, Dematteis and Roger Stern in their most celebrated runs and currently is important thank to Hunted for what I've seen (I haven't read the story)
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-01-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I was really digging Rose's stories from the 80s.
    Me too. Full of intriguing mystery and suspense, Spidey during the 80's was definitely an enjoyable reading experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Nowadays, I like Mr Negative and Tombstone.
    Tombstone from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon is still an all-time favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A-List for me
    -- The Ditko Ten [ Chameleon, the Vulture, Dr. Octopus, the Scorpion, the Lizard, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Electro, the Sandman, the Green Goblin]
    -- Romita Sr's Rhino.
    -- Conway's Hammerhead and later Tombstone.
    -- Stern's Hobgoblin.
    -- David Michelinie's Venom and Carnage.
    -- JMS' Morlun
    -- Dan Slott's Mr. Negative.

So with that out of the way
    -- The Superior Foes of Spider-Man -- Boomerang, Lady Beetle, Overdrive, Shocker, Speed Demon.
    -- The Spot
    -- Fusion
    -- Gibbon (thanks to Hunted)
    -- Firelord (a C-List Avengers/Cosmic villain)
    -- Molten Man
    -- The Crime Master
    -- Tarantula
    -- The Spider-Slayers.

Then you have Kingpin, a B-List Spider-Man who became an A-List Daredevil villain thanks to Frank Miller.
    I like this.

Astonishing Member

Hobgoblin, but I would put him in A-list.

Tarantula and Jack o Lantern then

The Looter, LOOT! LOOT! LOOT!

Toss up between Hammerhead and Tombstone.

I would say Black Tarantula. First Spidey Comic I ever bought was ASM #436 and black tarantula was awesome in that comic, still one of my favorite single issues.

If shocker counts as a "b" level villain, then he would be a close second.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A-List for me
    -- The Ditko Ten [ Chameleon, the Vulture, Dr. Octopus, the Scorpion, the Lizard, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Electro, the Sandman, the Green Goblin]
    -- Romita Sr's Rhino.
    -- Conway's Hammerhead and later Tombstone.
    -- Stern's Hobgoblin.
    -- David Michelinie's Venom and Carnage.
    -- JMS' Morlun
    -- Dan Slott's Mr. Negative.

So with that out of the way
    -- The Superior Foes of Spider-Man -- Boomerang, Lady Beetle, Overdrive, Shocker, Speed Demon.
    -- The Spot
    -- Fusion
    -- Gibbon (thanks to Hunted)
    -- Firelord (a C-List Avengers/Cosmic villain)
    -- Molten Man
    -- The Crime Master
    -- Tarantula
    -- The Spider-Slayers.

Then you have Kingpin, a B-List Spider-Man who became an A-List Daredevil villain thanks to Frank Miller.
    I really like the list. The only ones you overlooked was Kangaroo, Morbius and Jackal ( although Morbius and Jackal are two of my least favorite bad guys). I am going to pick Shocker because I enjoyed his stories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Who is your favorite B Spiderman villain and why?
    For me it is Hammerhead. I love the old style gangster movies a love reading about Capone and the like. So for me hands down it is Hammerhead. I know he hasnt gotten much in the way of story telling other then B grade Gang boss. But I have always enjoyed the stories he was in.

So who is yours?
    You might hate the song by Paper Lace, "The Night Chicago Died" (because most people do) but I can't help hearing it in my mind when I see Hammerhead

Spectacular Member

Favorite "Bee" villain? Swarm, of course! Mwahahahaha.

(Please don't ban me).

This is more than one, but

Morbius -I like vampires. A lot. Last that I saw of him was in the recent Domino monthly.
    Jack o'Lantern - I like Halloween. Could be kind of campy, but I liked him in Venom.
    Lady Beetle - Just a fun character to read.
    Cardiac - I like his character design. Been a while since I have read any thing with him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    This is more than one, but

Morbius -I like vampires. A lot. Last that I saw of him was in the recent Domino monthly.
    Jack o'Lantern - I like Halloween. Could be kind of campy, but I liked him in Venom.
    Lady Beetle - Just a fun character to read.
    Cardiac - I like his character design. Been a while since I have read any thing with him.
    Cardiac I don't really see as a villain. An antagonist because of his methods, but not necessarily a villain. He's also especially topical and relevant because his targets are primarily crooked businessmen who manipulate and even effectively buy the law so that they can get away with the harm they inflict on others (and on society as a whole).

Besides Cardiac, my favorite Spider-Man B-list villain is Joystick, mostly for her thrill-seeking personality and her encounters with Ben Reilly when he was the sole web-slinger of New York City. Still have to get her Thunderbolts appearances, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.