Default Pitch A Direction: Akila

For those not familiar with her, Akila was a Bana introduced in a JL story by Doselle Young. She had been sent out into man's world to get a college education and developed a knack for engineering. She also served as a Shim'Tar for a time. She was also a pacifist.

The New 52 saw her return as a friend/rival for Artemis and saw her corrupted by the Bow of Ra. Didn't particularly care for that direction.

Anyway, my idea was making Akila a scientist and sorceress and have her be depicted as an Amazon most focused on seeking knowledge. She's be an expert in physics, biology and magic that centered around light and ash.

I’d take her back to being the top or second best warrior of the Bana, but with a much better design for her armor. I remember thinking her armor design wasn’t exactly fantastic, back when she became Shim’Tar. Her original characterization was great too in that it was opposite Artemis’s.

That in and of itself make them a unique to play things of one another, like Hawk and Dove.

I hope we get to know more of the Themysciran Amazons soon, and I’d like a few Banas to be named and for us to get to know them as well.

Muslim American Dr. Angela Akila Regional Director of S.T.A.R. Labs Gateway City: specializing in extraterrestrial weaponry and energy sources, undercover ally to Wonder Woman and secret scientific expert for the entire Amazon nation

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Muslim American Dr. Angela Akila Regional Director of S.T.A.R. Labs Gateway City: specializing in extraterrestrial weaponry and energy sources, undercover ally to Wonder Woman and secret scientific expert for the entire Amazon nation
    Minor thing, but I don't believe Akila is a surname. Otherwise, your idea is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Minor thing, but I don't believe Akila is a surname. Otherwise, your idea is good.
    I know it's a first name, but it's hard to go to school or get a job with only one name unless you're Madonna or Cher.

And I'm sorry, I forgot to say thank you. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I know it's a first name, but it's hard to go to school or get a job with only one name unless you're Madonna or Cher.
    I know but I'm sure there are some Arab surnames you could give her like Badat or Bakkal (just from my quick google search).

Also, you're welcome.