View Poll Results: which film rights first?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men

21 30.88%
  • Fantastic Four

37 54.41%
  • Spider-Man

10 14.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post

But Sony has been mismanaging Spider-man badly lately, and Spidey would really do well for some teamups in future movies. Would love to see Andrew Garfield on the Avengers.
    Please no.

If Marvel is going to have a Spider-Man in their Avengers, then it should be someone who is at least in the correct age bracket. Garfield is 30 right now. By the time they release ASM 3 in 2018, he will be 34 years old.

Spider-Man works best as a teenager who becomes a 20-something. Both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were vastly too old at the outset of their respective endeavors and really aged themselves out of the role by the end of their runs. If I were Sony, I would find someone who would be 25-27 by the time three films have been completed, that way you can still milk one more movie out if you cannot find a good replacement in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Even though I love Spider-Man and the X-Men, I'm going to go with the FF. [spoiler] but it did make me really sad that we'll never see Galactus in the MCU.
    Hmm...spoiler much ?
    I'm still one week away from the movie airing here in France, and it's a bit annoying to have *bombs* like that dropped in the middle of a discussion that has nothing to do with the GoG story in the first place...
    Just, try and be watchful for those who don't reside in the US please ? Thank you.

That being said, I agree with you about the FF franchise being in desperate need of saving.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 08-04-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    But Sony has been mismanaging Spider-man badly lately, and Spidey would really do well for some teamups in future movies. Would love to see Andrew Garfield on the Avengers.
    Agree with some (Garfied and RDJ would be awesome)
    However I don’t think he has been mismanaged, I think Sony are looking at what Marvel is doing and rightfully so wants in on the action, they just haven’t executed their plan (if they had a plan) that well

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Please no.

If Marvel is going to have a Spider-Man in their Avengers, then it should be someone who is at least in the correct age bracket. Garfield is 30 right now. By the time they release ASM 3 in 2018, he will be 34 years old.

Spider-Man works best as a teenager who becomes a 20-something. Both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were vastly too old at the outset of their respective endeavors and really aged themselves out of the role by the end of their runs. If I were Sony, I would find someone who would be 25-27 by the time three films have been completed, that way you can still milk one more movie out if you cannot find a good replacement in time.
    It wouldn’t be the first time that someone in their thirties placed someone in their teens.
    After the last couple of reboots IF marvel got them back I would hope we could skip the origin and go into some of the classic villains, can you imagine a UnFixable movie I think it would be cool.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Namor and then maybe FF.

Spiderman and the X-Men should stay where they are at or with another studio. They do better as stand alone's. (even if Fox and Sony haven't proven that yet)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Hmm...spoiler much ?
    I'm still one week away from the movie airing here in France, and it's a bit annoying to have *bombs* like that dropped in the middle of a discussion that has nothing to do with the GoG story in the first place...
    Just, try and be watchful for those who don't reside in the US please ? Thank you.
    I just got GOTG spoiled too. I suggest maybe you remove his quote too so that we won't have two spoiler posts in here.

You are right, I'll remove the spoily part of the quote...Hmph, silly me.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You are right, I'll remove the spoily part of the quote...Hmph, silly me.
    Thanks! no problem, that would have been my first instinct to quote them too.

BANNED

Fantastic Four because imo it is the weakest title of the 3 and maybe Disney can get it right where the current studio has failed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Outside of the regular MU, X-Men is really all that I care about anymore.

Oddly enough, it's marriages that keep me from caring much for FF and Spidey: Reed & Sue still being married, and Peter & MJ not.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Outside of the regular MU, X-Men is really all that I care about anymore.

Oddly enough, it's marriages that keep me from caring much for FF and Spidey: Reed & Sue still being married, and Peter & MJ not.
    That is quite odd especially considering Reed/Sue is the reason lots of people think marriage can work in the comic books Peter/MJ were also an example.
    Truth is the best policy

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Id like X-Men to come back to marvel studious the most. Though if FF and spidey came too id like it.
    X-Men Forever