Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's funny how the public rarely targets villains.

I remember in Civil War when that mob attacked the Human Torch for example. I'd like to see them try that with Carnage or Wrecker. It's easy to target meta's who in a lot of cases are nice enought not to fight back... or at least to hold back. I understand the logic of it... but there's quite a bit of hypocracy there.
    I wouldn't say hypocrisy so much as opportunism and cowardice. They go after superheroes because on some level, they know the superheroes will hold back or refuse to fight at all, but unrepentant monsters like Carnage will just rip their spines out and eat them, or unrepentant thugs like the Wrecker will smash them to red paste. It's all about picking easy, low-hanging fruit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I wouldn't say hypocrisy so much as opportunism and cowardice. They go after superheroes because on some level, they know the superheroes will hold back or refuse to fight at all, but unrepentant monsters like Carnage will just rip their spines out and eat them, or unrepentant thugs like the Wrecker will smash them to red paste. It's all about picking easy, low-hanging fruit.
    This reminds me a an issue of Bunncanny X-Men where a bunch of picketers were hassling mutants at a rally until Magneto showed up and it looked like their souls left their body. Lol

Cowardice for sure.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This reminds me a an issue of Bunncanny X-Men where a bunch of picketers were hassling mutants at a rally until Magneto showed up and it looked like their souls left their body. Lol

Cowardice for sure.
    Of course, and this was Magneto when he was trying to tone it down, relatively speaking. If this was old-school Mags . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Okay, that got me.

Pettiness...

Marvel forgot to make the inhumans sympathetic. The X-Men were fighting for the survival of their species, the stakes were not equal.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Marvel forgot to make the inhumans sympathetic. The X-Men were fighting for the survival of their species, the stakes were not equal.
    I was refering to more of why didn't they make them into allies and have an event where both species worked together to defeat a common foe, like they did when they went up against Apocalypse. They went straight to Avengers vs. X-Men 2. They did do Civil War 2 during the same time, so it does go to show that Marvel was obsessed with hero vs. hero events.

Idiocy most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I was refering to more of why didn't they make them into allies and have an event where both species worked together to defeat a common foe, like they did when they went up against Apocalypse. They went straight to Avengers vs. X-Men 2. They did do Civil War 2 during the same time, so it does go to show that Marvel was obsessed with hero vs. hero events.
    Because putting them in opposition is super interesting. Again, they just botched the whole thing the moment they killed Cyclops.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

New York Times editorial: both sides are equally valid

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Because putting them in opposition is super interesting. Again, they just botched the whole thing the moment they killed Cyclops.
    Killing Cyclops was just the cherry on top of the cake. The entire conflict was a stupid idea especially given how burned out the audience was on hero vs hero conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Okay, that got me.
    like the mists got scott

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    New York Times editorial: both sides are equally valid
    NYT: *does an op-Ed on the Royal Family about how the dead mutants are inconveniencing their dookie baths*

Marvel wanted to put a dent into a property they didn’t fully control so they put them against a group they had no chance of ever beating in a realistic story: The Uncanny Inhumans!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”