Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Felt more like creative bankruptcy. "Hero vs Hero" storylines had bee making bank up to that point, and since at the time, Marvel was hellbent on getting the Inhumans to get over as a brand like the Guardians of the Galaxy before them, they probably saw that as an easy to get them over.

I think they underestimated just how deep the resentment was over the treatment of the X-Men IP though.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Marvel wanted to put a dent into a property they didn’t fully control so they put them against a group they had no chance of ever beating in a realistic story: The Uncanny Inhumans!
    Err, what?

The Inhumans never had a chance. The X-Men (and mutants) have been developed for over 30 years. They have a mutant for every occasion, while the Inhumans mainly only really have the Royal family and a few extras. The X-Men could have fielded a team for every one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's funny how the public rarely targets villains.

I remember in Civil War when that mob attacked the Human Torch for example. I'd like to see them try that with Carnage or Wrecker. It's easy to target meta's who in a lot of cases are nice enought not to fight back... or at least to hold back. I understand the logic of it... but there's quite a bit of hypocracy there.
    you see it occasionally when it involves one of the the so called Street level heros. When DD is getting his ass kicked you occasionally see a crowd back him up even it is just rock throwing.

It is one thing to do that with the Owl another to do it with Ultron.