Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Too crowded?? Your own infinity warp/amalgamations/com of characters and stories

Ok so considering how Hickman is rebooting and revitalizing the Xmen hopefully streamlining everything.....

I thought it might be interesting to get peoples ideas on trimming down the numbers and warping or amalgamating some characters powers and origins etc. This was kind of started in the unpopular and controversial opinions thread but I felt like this could be something of its own so we dont derail the other one.

There some good ideas out there especially from CRaymond and others. So this thread is for posting about characters that should not exist or who's stories or powersets could be better off just roled in to another characters. Hell we can even alter or change existing characters powersets and abilities altogether.

So for your vision of the Xmen....
    what characters would you warp or amalgamate or combine? What characters woyld you change? Who wouldnt exist anymore or would have been killed off? What stories would be changed and how? Feel free to kind of run wild with it lol

+

I really like the idea of Kevin MacTaggert, Proteus & David Haller, Legion being the same person. Not only do they have similar powers and similar motivations, but they present the exact same conflict for the team to deal with: bad parenting. The Gabrielle Haller backstory was largely unnecessary, and Moira's history with Xavier would be far more interesting if SHE was the mother of his bad seed. Doubly so if she was the middle of a Moira-Xavier-Magneto love triangle. Mostly, I want Moira's intelligence and perspective to be far more important to counterpoint Xavier's optimism. Combining David and Kevin makes that connection central to Xavier's character.

+

Another one that's seemingly obvious is combining Mikhail Rasputin & Akady Rossovich, Omega Red. Both were introduced in the same relative era of X-Men stories as "lost Russian operatives". One has a slight Wolverine origin overlap, and the other is the older brother of Colossus and Magik. While Omega Red has an impressively unique silhouette and powers, Mikhail has always been portrayed as generic deus ex machina. Making Mikhail Rasputin the death-powered Omega Red gives the X-Men a nuanced responsibility to dealing with him as an ongoing threat.

+

One that's slightly more obscure is merging the Morlock leader Callisto & Joanna Cargill, Frenzy. Both women are similarly given superpowered physiques, both are leaders of outsider/criminal organizations of mutants, both wander in and out of adversarial and intimate relationships with the central X-Men cast. With Frenzy as the deposed leader of the Morlocks, it suggests the Alliance of Evil was comprised of similarly exiled Morlocks, and makes sense that she would turn to Magneto's Acolytes in desperation.

+

There's no reason that Belasco & Azazel couldn't have been the same. While there are many who prefer Claremont's original Destiny + Mystique origin for Nightcrawler, I'm a fan of the Limbo lineage, even though it's fraught with the terrible Draco storyline. If Belasco was a Kamar Taj sorceror, trapped in the Limbo hellscape every 25 years, he may have absconded with Raven Darkholme in one of his intervals... a mutant retelling of Hades & Pesephone. When the Kamar Taj sorcerors manage to rescue Mystique, she's found pregnant. When the baby is born, its blue demonic features are evidence of his conception in Limbo, and the baby is traded to a Romani sorceress for a bundle of stones... a mutant retelling of Kronos & Rhea. Margali Szardos raises Kurt Wagner until he kills her son in puberty, and finds sanctuary in a cathedral.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 01:18 PM.

+

Karma X'ian Kwa Nanh
    Instead of being possessed by the Shadow King, Shan is romanced by Lady Deathstrike, and persuaded to become a "good" Hand vigilante. A brain injury happens at the same time as the Siege drops Betsy in Madripoor --not Hong Kong. Instead of Spiral, the Hand mystics exploit Betsy's telepathy and her Mojoworld connection to Leong and Nga's latent mutant powers to repair Shan's body and mind. Something goes wrong when they touch Karma's own "possession" powers, and the women swap bodies.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 01:21 PM.

+

Talisman Danielle Twoyoungman
    Estranged from her father but not from the Blackfoot, fierce Danielle Twoyoungman exhibits the psychic power to draw bridge spirits through the astral plane. Gods and monsters are pulled from their adjacent realms to the living world. Somewhere between mutant and magic, Shaman advises her foster parents to send her to Charles Xavier, who has experience teaching psychic girls who can access godlike entities... like Hela of Asgard.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 01:21 PM.

+

Wolfsbane Taryn Cassidy
    Daughter of the X-Man Banshee, Taryn was raised in the foster system of Scotland after her mother died. Years of court battles between the state and her only living relative, the villain Tom Cassidy, left her emotionally scarred with an addictive personality. Eventually discovered by Xavier, Taryn's supernatural lycanthropy was a power wholly unlike her father's, leading her to question who she is and where she truly belongs.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Nice... I like those especially Legion and Proteus. Curious as to how their powers would combine. Is it Legion possessing bodies like Proteus, burning them out and absorbing their psyche and abilities? Either way it makes sense.

Love the Omega Red/Mikhail Rasputin combo. It makes the most sense...probably my favorite.

Frenzy and Callisto is interesting and makes the history that much more rich.

The last one?.... is that Rahne Sinclair and Teresa Cassidy now being combined and called Taryn. Not a bad idea at all if so. Especially if maybe her wolf's howl has some of the capabilities that Siryn showed inherited from her father but a little more honed. Also increases the bond between Sean and Moira. Definitely digging this one if thats where its going

+

Cannonball Van Guthrie
    With a dead father and big family in middle America, Van Guthrie idolized the adventures and example of Captain America. When his powers emerge, he explodes with joy that he might one day become an Avenger. Sadly, his psychokinetic/pyrokinetic explosions alert Cerebro, and Charles Xavier suggests Van go with him to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. He learns to harness his powers to become a rocket, a shield, and a bomb. In time, he DOES become an Avenger.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 01:23 PM.

+

Sunspot Romeo Oliviera
    As the heir of the Oliviera fortune and Brazil's Águia indústrias, young Romeo's every whim was entertained, including his most hedonistic inclinations. But when his father was aggressively bought out by a Hellfire Club partnership, his trust was sacrificed and he was sent to New York to train his new mutant powers and secrets to reclaim his family's holdings. Unfortunately, his passions get in the way, leaving puppy lusts in ruin everywhere.

Belasco + Azazel and Proteus + Legion make 100% sense to me.

+

Psipher Diego Ramos
    Shy, Spanish and strangely psychic, Diego arrived at Xavier's with the ability to decipher language among peers with far more impressive powers. Learning to expand his talents among the other psychics in his class, Cipher grew to manipulate emotions, thoughts, and memories... leading to a confrontation with those he'd been intimate. In the end, Diego left Xavier's to join the Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Belasco + Azazel and Proteus + Legion make 100% sense to me.
    Thanks :-) Some are FAR more successful merges than others. The first four are some of my favorites, the New Mutant warps were a challenge I did fer funsies --since I felt strong about the Karma and Talisman ones.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Nice... I like those especially Legion and Proteus. Curious as to how their powers would combine. Is it Legion possessing bodies like Proteus, burning them out and absorbing their psyche and abilities? Either way it makes sense.
    I figured he inherited telepathy from his father and the reality warping was his own mutation. Not sure how his powers would work. You tell me!

Love the Omega Red/Mikhail Rasputin combo. It makes the most sense...probably my favorite.
    Thanks! Depending on the sliding time scale, Mikhail's cold war creation would mean he was either Colossus' MUCH older brother, his father, uncle, or what I sort of like: not a real relative at all, but a "brother" in the sense that all three "Rasputins" were taken from their families in childhood and raised alongside Darkstar and other Russian mutants in a state-run compound. Piotr's memories are faked by Blind Faith.

The last one?.... is that Rahne Sinclair and Teresa Cassidy now being combined and called Taryn. Not a bad idea at all if so. Especially if maybe her wolf's howl has some of the capabilities that Siryn showed inherited from her father but a little more honed. Also increases the bond between Sean and Moira. Definitely digging this one if thats where its going
    Yeah, like Legion/Proteus, Taryn's scream would be an inherited power, and one she's not very good at. Her own mutant power would be the werewolf shapeshifting. I don't think I'd retain the adopted MacTaggert backstory.

Fantastic Member

Ok so heres one of mine. In my combination the characters of Havok and Vulcan dont exist. But Gambit is the brother of Cyclops and given combination of the abilities and origins of both Alex and Gabriel. Additionally because Gambit has the ability to explode or detonate things, I'd also do away with the characters of Boom-Boom and Jubilee....i know i kniw shoot me right? lol. Karma gets Jubilee's design though which is kind of cool but anyway heres how the story goes:

Their father Corsair was a test pilot for Air Force. On a mission transporting a spy who was investigating Nathan Milbury's activities but operation was disguised as a family vacation. When the spy is captured and fails to meet at rendezvous, Summers leaves with his family. However plane is attacked ( Not by Shiar but Milbury/Sinister operatives) and while ablaze Scott and "Alex" are pushed out for their safety.

From here Gambit is in the same role that Alex was being adopted by the Blandings and incinerating their children's killer and kidnapper. His eyes turn red after this and everyone is mindwiped by Sinister, then Remy is placed with the Thieves guild in New Orleans.

Now its pretty much Gambits origin up to being excommunicated. Remy later comes in contact with Moira and is taken in on Muir Island. He's part of the 2nd team of Xmen with Darwin, Petra and Sway who go to Krakoa to rescue the O5. After originally being thought to be dead with the rest of his team. Gambit is thrown clear when Krakoa is launched into space, he's later found by Sinister near death and with an uncontrollable amount of power flowing thru him. Part of his brain stem is surgically removed leaving him with little to no memories of who he is and he's later tasked with performing missions for Sinister finally including gathering a team of Marauders.

Later after wandering the world he helps a powerless Storm against the Shadowking and she vrings him to the Xmen. Eventually he's brought to trial for his role in the mutant massacre and then banished at which time he again comes in contact with Sinister who reveals his origins and secret history with the doomed 2nd team. He becomes extremely powerful with the full abilities of his alternate reality New Son persona. He seeks revenge on Xavier which goes into the Deadly Genesis storyline.