Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Another one:

Rachel Grey-Nate Grey origins. Rachel is the only Dummers kid. Nate and Cable dont exist. Conversely I dont think I have Kitty existing either.

In the future Rachel is artificially created in Sinisters lab from the genetic material of Cyclops and Jean Grey. In Days of Future Past, Sinister's lab is raided by Ahab and his operatives and Rachel is taken and turned into a hound and used to track down other mutants as part of a government program run by Ahab. Later she attacks Ahab and is sent to a mutant concentration camp. She meets other mutants and agrees to be sent on a one way trip into the past to prevent the assassination of Senator Kelly and thus prevent her timeline from happening. Although she posesses the power of omnikinesis and what we could call contact telepathy meaning she must touch something to use her power, because of her abuse as a hound she shuts off her telepathy out of fear. She materializes in the Danger Room during one of the Xmens training sessions. The DOFP timeline leads into Bishop's timeline as well.

Fantastic Member

Madelyn Pryor doesnt really exist but is an elaborate illusion created by Martinique Wyngarde working as an agent of Sinister to trick Cyclops and Xmen into believing she's Jean Grey returned. Wyngarde also has surgery to alter her appearance to look like Jean as part of the plan. All this in order for Sinister to gain access to a child with the combined dna of Cyclops and Jean. In the Inferno story the baby Nathan is actually sacrificed. This adds a little more tragedy to Scott's story. Also he doesnt leace his wife like before. After leaving the Xmen once Jean dies he takes up with Lee Forrester for a bit but she wants him to quit the Xmen altogether. They are dating but not married. Later "Jean" resurfaces and Xfactor is formed but "Jean" is actually an illusion.

Fantastic Member

Sunspot- Sunfire. (Sunfire wouldnt exist)
    Roberto can absorb power from the sun and convert it into literal strength and can also use his stored energy to project superheated plasma blast.

Forge-Hijack-Madison Jeffries. ( Hijack and Jeffries dont exist)
    Forge has the ability to percieve mechanical energy. Technopathy also shape invent objects at will

Dazzler-Aurora (Aurora doesnt exist)

Feral-Catseye ( Catseye doesnt exist)

Domino-Tempo-Tempus ( Tempus and Tempo dont exist)
    Neena Thurman is a product of mothervine/project armageddon. An albino woman with enhanced reflexes, agility and spacial perception sense. Chronokinesis, temporal stasis able to slow down time in a specific place. Can slow time on contact. Chronokinesis can manipulate time itself though only in her immediate vicinity and for a limited radius. She can slow or stop her opponent or speed herself. Has been able to prevent a number of grenades from exploding by keeping them suspended in motion and can amplify her opponents speed causing them to crash out of control.
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 08-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

I agree with merging Forge and Madison Jeffries. In fact, they merged in one Alpha Flight comic, to combine their abilities. Forge is a designer of technology, and Jeffries is someone that can mentally turn inorganic materials into machines, and fuse with them. Jeffries turned himself into a robotic suite that allowed Forge to interface with machinery like Jeffries.

Fantastic Member

A few more. Not really combined but just altered a little.

Charles Xavier same origin. Faced Shadowking and was crippled, not Lucifer. Cassandra Nova is his sister born ill and only a year younger becuase of her problems she is placed in mental health facility where she is abused and subjected to all kinds of extreme methods. This causes her to resent the fact that Xavier was not treated as she was. She wants to destroy everything he ever built.

Sinister responsible for much of the adamantium bonding for Wolverine also Magneto's torture at the hands of the Nazis

Wolverine origin story the same only Sabretooth is the half-brother or father. There is no Dog Logan as Sabretooth fills this role.

Karma origin still about the same only she possesses one of the Xmen to save her brother and sister not including Spiderman or the Fantastic Four. Karma adopts a design like Jubilee with the black body suit with purple and the yellow jacket.

Original Xforce/New Mutants actually run by Magneto and not by Cable.

Psylocke has same origin just not with the otherworld stuff. Her father is Captain Britain and a member of Strike also the Hellfire Clubs London branch. In Mutant massacre she holds her own against Sabretooth and is taken under Wolverines wing because of her courage. She wants to be able to fight physically too so she begans training in the danger room and though she never bodyswaps she does download the memories and knowledge of Kwannon after being kidnapped and basically this is a result of a failed body swap and mind merge. Because of this she essentially has training by the Hand. She also runs Danger room scenarios to train herself as a ninja. Able to manifest telekinetic weapons.

Fantastic Member

And finally some stories that might be altered or combined with others:

Onslaught Saga- possibly Cassandra Nova instead of just a psionic entity. Xavier shuts down Magneto which results in psychic trauma because of over taxing himself he falls into a coma. Cassandra Nova overcomes his mind and implements plan to take over. Like onslaught she psychically projects Xavier to gain trust of other superheroes. Plans to pit humans vs mutants and destroy everything Xavier has ever tried to achieve. The Xmen finally defeat Cassandra Nova but it harbors even more distrust from the public. Graydon Creed rises to power running for office but hes assasinated. This leads into Operation Zero Tolerance

Dark Phoenix- Jeans TK powers were pushed to the limit enhanced and somewhat mutated when she re-entered earths atmosphere. (maybe absorbed the power of the astral plane and a disembodied Celestial) She slowly becomes more powerful and more reckless with her power eventually becoming corrupted and seeing herself as a God. In a fit of anger and being manipulated by the Hellfire club she manifest or unleashes a surge of power that causes an explosion and incinerates 600,000 in upstate NY. ( like in age of x)(she doesnt fly off and eat star) After a showdown between Jean, The Hellfire club and Xmen, Xavier places psychic blocks in Jeans mind to prevent her going dark (If we needed to include the cosmic angle....this is seen by an observer from space, particularly the Breakworld part of the Shiar empire. Priestess Aghanne who sees this as an opportunity to overthrow Kruun amd gain power in the Shiar empire. Using and interpreting a psuedo-prophecy she convinces them that a mutant will destroy their planet and the Shiar empire, an invasion force comes to destroy earth. In a battle royale Jean sees them hurt Cyclops and starts to go dark again she gives her life as a sacrifice and in the aftermath Cyclops quits the Xmen.

Fall Of Mutants- Adversary is a creation of Legion who is the villain behind the event. Mutant registration act, freedom force is sent to Dallas to arrest the Xmen in compliance with the new law passed. Storm is on a mission to find Forge so her powers can be restored. Forge is hired by government to try and cure Legion after Storms powers had been neutralized. The scheme backfires and Legion reaches into Forge's mind. A huge fight ensues and is caught on tv the national response starts to turn bad and Xavier with possibly other telepaths decides to wipe the incident and tge knowledge of the Xmen from peoples memory. The team goes to the Australian outback to operate off the radar.

E is for Extinction- Instead of Cassandra Nova its Shadowking who is able to possess Xavier or his son Legion. 16 million dead on Genosha. Emma is placed there to infiltrate Xmen but falls in love with Cyclops and the family feel of the Xmen.

House of M- Same circumstances world is altered to make mutants dominant species but cracks appear. After Quicksilver is almost killed by Magneto, Wanda goes mad and starts to teardown this new world in response to the breakdown and a seeming opening John Sublime of Weapon X activates his plan for the Cuckoos and tells them No More Mutants and to get rid of mutants. Cuckoos hooked to Cerebro do what they were designed to and begin to wipe out mutant population (similar to Xavier in x2) before being stopped. The Decimation results from this and is very similar to events in Age of X story with Exonim sentinels and deaths of mutants in response to the potential dangerous power exhibited by mutants in this instance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    A few more. Not really combined but just altered a little.

Charles Xavier same origin. Faced Shadowking and was crippled, not Lucifer. Cassandra Nova is his sister born ill and only a year younger becuase of her problems she is placed in mental health facility where she is abused and subjected to all kinds of extreme methods. This causes her to resent the fact that Xavier was not treated as she was. She wants to destroy everything he ever built.

Sinister responsible for much of the adamantium bonding for Wolverine also Magneto's torture at the hands of the Nazis

Wolverine origin story the same only Sabretooth is the half-brother or father. There is no Dog Logan as Sabretooth fills this role.

Karma origin still about the same only she possesses one of the Xmen to save her brother and sister not including Spiderman or the Fantastic Four. Karma adopts a design like Jubilee with the black body suit with purple and the yellow jacket.

Original Xforce/New Mutants actually run by Magneto and not by Cable.

Psylocke has same origin just not with the otherworld stuff. Her father is Captain Britain and a member of Strike also the Hellfire Clubs London branch. In Mutant massacre she holds her own against Sabretooth and is taken under Wolverines wing because of her courage. She wants to be able to fight physically too so she begans training in the danger room and though she never bodyswaps she does download the memories and knowledge of Kwannon after being kidnapped and basically this is a result of a failed body swap and mind merge. Because of this she essentially has training by the Hand. She also runs Danger room scenarios to train herself as a ninja. Able to manifest telekinetic weapons.
    Cassandra Nova should be this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin

Ok so heres one of mine. Havok - Vulcan < Gambit
    You and I take different tacks! While I agree I'd remove any trace of Vulcan, and kill off Havok (death by Brood)... I don't see the appeal of making Gambit a Summers. You're going to have to go to the mat and explain that one to me. I KNOW there was a vocal contingent that really advocated for Gambit to be a Summers brother despite the obvious Adam X reveal.

I feel like Gambit's character concept is already incredibly strong. A Danny Ocean type from New Orleans can only be improved with legitimate Creole ambiguous ethnicity --in my opinion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    +

Psipher Diego Ramos
    Shy, Spanish and strangely psychic, Diego arrived at Xavier's with the ability to decipher language among peers with far more impressive powers. Learning to expand his talents among the other psychics in his class, Cipher grew to manipulate emotions, thoughts, and memories... leading to a confrontation with those he'd been intimate. In the end, Diego left Xavier's to join the Hellions.
    Never thought about this but its an awesome idea. Combining Cypher and Empath

Fantastic Member

You and I take different tacks! While I agree I'd remove any trace of Vulcan, and kill off Havok (death by Brood)... I don't see the appeal of making Gambit a Summers. You're going to have to go to the mat and explain that one to me. I KNOW there was a vocal contingent that really advocated for Gambit to be a Summers brother despite the obvious Adam X reveal.

I feel like Gambit's character concept is already incredibly strong. A Danny Ocean type from New Orleans can only be improved with legitimate Creole ambiguous ethnicity --in my opinion.
    Yeah that ones kind of wild. I never like the idea of Adam X and felt like he should never have been created anyway. Havok was ok but never really did much. And Vulcan...ehhh the story wasnt bad but nah. So the idea of boy scout Scott Summers being related to a crime boss or at the very least a hug criminal represented two ends of the spectrum. Also both had extensive ties to Sinister it seemed. And both manipulate or project energy in certain forms. So in the absense of having a sibling I had Gambit go there in the spot. Since Havok is not there. Im not married to the idea as Gambit could just have his own seperate story and Cyclops could have been pushed out of the plane on his own while his kid brother died with his parents which would have added to his tragedy

Fantastic Member

+

Talisman Danielle Twoyoungman
    Estranged from her father but not from the Blackfoot, fierce Danielle Twoyoungman exhibits the psychic power to draw bridge spirits through the astral plane. Gods and monsters are pulled from their adjacent realms to the living world. Somewhere between mutant and magic, Shaman advises her foster parents to send her to Charles Xavier, who has experience teaching psychic girls who can access godlike entities... like Hela of Asgard.
    So this is interesting. I like it but one question. Considering all the abilities that Talisman and Dani would have...what would you do with Magik? Is she still needed? Maybe she can have gravitational powers or have like a ghost phasing thing like Kitty or even like Darkstar with darkforce abilities?

Never thought about this but its an awesome idea. Combining Cypher and Empath
    In my altered continuity, the New Mutants is Xavier's attempt at assembling a coven of psychic mutants. Following the Phoenix event, he realized telepathic mutants presented by far the greatest threat and greatest potential weapon available. He assembles psychic mutants Karma, Talisman, Cannonball(psychokinetic/pyrokinetic), and Psipher to be led by adjunct professor Elizabeth Braddock. In tandem, they push their powers to the limit and are able to defeat far more powerful entities like Asgardians and Elder Gods.

Eventually, the New Mutant "coven" is dismantled when Karma leaves the team, Psipher defects to the Hellions, Betsy is drafted to the X-Men to replace Rachel Summers, and Talisman becomes a Valkyrie.

So this is interesting. I like it but one question. Considering all the abilities that Talisman and Dani would have...what would you do with Magik? Is she still needed? Maybe she can have gravitational powers or have like a ghost phasing thing like Kitty or even like Darkstar with darkforce abilities?
    Magik is largely the same. I think her character concept is strong and unique enough that it doesn't bleed into others'. She's still a sword-swinging teleporter who knows some magic. She's not part of the psychic coven, but she's able to work with them to make portals to strange realms other teleporters can't reach... like Asgard, the Underworld, the Microverse, etc. Instead of regressing to childhood at the end of Inferno, she goes to Limbo to rule over it. She returns to Earth after losing leadership.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-01-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

+

Cannonball Van Guthrie
    With a dead father and big family in middle America, Van Guthrie idolized the adventures and example of Captain America. When his powers emerge, he explodes with joy that he might one day become an Avenger. Sadly, his psychokinetic/pyrokinetic explosions alert Cerebro, and Charles Xavier suggests Van go with him to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. He learns to harness his powers to become a rocket, a shield, and a bomb. In time, he DOES become an Avenger.
    This works for sure. Could even throw in him being from Kentucky and mining but idolizing Cap. Then in the mine collapse being thought guilty and imprisoned like Vance was..maybe. But either way this works and makes Cannonball more interesting than just "Ah'm nigh invulnerable when ah'm blastin"

This works for sure. Could even throw in him being from Kentucky and mining but idolizing Cap. Then in the mine collapse being thought guilty and imprisoned like Vance was..maybe. But either way this works and makes Cannonball more interesting than just "Ah'm nigh invulnerable when ah'm blastin"
    Yeah, both Sam and Vance are optimistic fanboy white guys. I DO like more of Sam's Kentuckian origin than Vance's generic backstory, so I'd borrow a lot more of that. What's important for me is that this fanboy archetype go through a lot of heartbreak, fall in with the wrong crowd, and only eventually achieve his dream of being an Avenger after not wanting it anymore, and just being the best hero he can be.

replacement_kitty.jpg

Kitty Pryde should not have existed.

1. Rogue, and then Rachel, takes her place as team ingenue.
    2. Rogue takes her place as Wolverine’s protege, cemented by their shared villainous past.
    3. Rogue takes her place as Colossus’s love interest, alluding to his taste in Bad GirlsTM, and putting her in a Cyke/Wolvie triangle when Gambit appears in the scene.
    4. Rachel takes her place as Storm’s “little sister”, with Storm wanting to support this similar-to-herself orphaned girl who's parents are dead and dead-inside.
    5. Rogue is a better, more interesting friend to Nightcrawler, given her history with blue people, and they discover their family bonds together.
    6. Rachel takes Kitty’s place as a practical computer hardware genius, giving her a skill outside of her mutation and showcasing the imbalance between her intellect and emotional stability.
    7. Rachel’s trauma and Illyana’s trauma makes them better, closer friends than Kitty & Illyana or Rachel & Kitty. Also slides into Rayana shippers.
    8. Rachel’s massive power levels and telepathy make her a stronger asset to the X-Men despite her youth, similarly to Kitty’s close brush with New Mutant admission.
    9. Eventually, Rachel is replaced by Psylocke as team psi... leading to potential rivalry and feelings of rejection when Psylocke proves to be The Coolest EverTM.
    10. Both Rogue and Rachel join Kurt in Excalibur; Meggan becomes a far different woman with Rogue and Rachel as her closest friends.
    11. Rachel’s love life now includes Doug Ramsey, Pete Wisdom, Star-Lord, Spider-Man, Iceman, etc.
    12. Rogue leads X-Men Gold.