• Batman Begins

38 31.40%
  • Dark Knight

56 46.28%
  • Dark Knight Rises

27 22.31%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

One thing about Rises I liked was Hathaway as Selina. I would have preferred her to actually be called "Catwoman," and have the whip and all that, but that was beyond Anne's control.

Plus, it was nice to see Nolan feature a female character who wasn't a bland and lifeless prop who existed to provide something for the men to angst about.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Begins is the better executed tighter less bloated movie, but I voted Dark Knight simply because of Ledger's Joker, the best part of any of Nolan's batfilms.

Rises was so very disappointing, I was almost sure that'd be the best based on the trailers at the time, but boy...what a poor mess it was. Hardy's Bane & music score are only reasons I can stand to rewatch it some. But the movie around Bane is just so bad...it's a shame...it should have been the best.
    I completely, completely agree. The sad thing is I think Rises could have been the best, but for me the whole thing goes off the rails after Bruce gets his back broken. Writing both Bruce AND Selina out of the action for large chunks of the movie was a huge mistake in my opinion. Somewhere in the eighth hour of Gary Oldman crawling around on trucks I started to realize the movie was lost. Maybe Nolan had simply gotten too powerful for anyone to want to speak up to him? To this day, I can't see how anyone one set could watch Christian Bale scream "WHARSH THE TRIGGAAR?!!!" and think it was suitable to show to a mass audience in a non-comedic context. Despite this, I can't write the movie off as a complete failure. I like the concept of Gordon and Bruce having to face up to their lies. I like the theme of needing a reason to live to help others, or even a reason to die. I even like the "happy ending." But man, there's so much that takes me out of the movie, I don't really go back and watch it that often.
    Last edited by Thom1; 02-09-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

TDK by a mile. It was Batman at his best and most proactive. It took everything that Batman Begins set up and dialed it up to 11. TDKRises is so passive and pedestrian by comparison.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I like Tom Hardy in general and dislike Bane but Nolan's take (painkillers instead of steroids, mercenary, league member) was promising. After repeated viewings Bane ruins it for me. People complain about Bale's Batman voice but what about that horrible Hardy voice(based on an Irish boxer but why)? Batman is a man of few words but Bane goes on and on and on...

Just The Dark Knight Rises for me. Didn't like the first two but I really liked the third. Not that crazy about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but I love Bane and as an early-90s comic geek it was a thrill for me to see a Batman/Bane fight on the big screen.

I've warmed to Batman Begins a little bit over the years, but I still The Dark Knight overrated and (blasphemous though it may be) I didn't care for Heath Ledger's Joker at all.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

The Dark Knight is obviously the best of the series. Batman Begins is arguably the best superhero origin movie done yet.

The Dark Knight Rises is a lot better than a lot of people are willing to give it credit for and I really think a lot of people just take an overly cold attitude towards it because it didn't give them exactly what they were hoping for from a sequel to TDK. Even if it is arguably the weakest of the series (which is perfectly fine BTW) It still belongs in that trilogy and it is in no way shape or form a below average movie.

In your opinion, WHat should have happened after Bruce got his back broken then?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Begins is the better executed tighter less bloated movie, but I voted Dark Knight simply because of Ledger's Joker, the best part of any of Nolan's batfilms.

Rises was so very disappointing, I was almost sure that'd be the best based on the trailers at the time, but boy...what a poor mess it was. Hardy's Bane & music score are only reasons I can stand to rewatch it some. But the movie around Bane is just so bad...it's a shame...it should have been the best.
    For me, TDKR was exactly the movie the trailer presented it as, An epic conclusion to the series. I've never really understood the "its a mess" complaint that's lobbed at it, There are far messier movies out there (The Amazing Spider-Man movies, Avengers Age of Ultron) that are far messier but get a free pass from the same people who complain.