Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

So Xavin wasn't the prisoner. That's really sad.

Onome with a big gun. It was something I didn't know I wanted, but I'm glad we got it.

Valeria and Bentley, expectedly, had a thing because Alex mentioned how Bentley wouldn't be annoying since the two would flirt.

The Maker is the Maker without an enlarged head. I don't know how Alex mistook him for Reed with that massive scar, lack of a beard, and lack of fatherhood stress lines.

Overall, I liked this. This is the over-the-top bullshit science I sign up for when reading something related to the Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 08-07-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Worth the cover price just to see Warbird in prison, where her creepy stalker ass belongs. Two thumbs up, five stars.

More seriously, I enjoyed the sheer zany insanity of the whole thing. Not sure if this is going to be a book I buy in singles or tradewait on, but I'll be keeping up with it one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Worth the cover price just to see Warbird in prison, where her creepy stalker ass belongs. Two thumbs up, five stars.
    Unfortunately I don't think this is Aaron's Warbird.
    The one affiliated with the X-men was named Ava'Dara, this one was called At'li.
    Aaron's Warbird had white hair/feathers, this one has brown.
    And based on the preview art from the interview Snoop Dogg linked to last page, this one can grow wings.

Also I've seen speculation that the girl Julie went into the prison to rescue is Rebecca "Rikki" Barnes (also known as Nomad) since she reacted to the mention of the Avengers Academy and Spider-Girl/Araña

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think this is Aaron's Warbird.
    The one affiliated with the X-men was named Ava'Dara, this one was called At'li.
    Aaron's Warbird had white hair/feathers, this one has brown.
    And based on the preview art from the interview Snoop Dogg linked to last page, this one can grow wings.
    Drat. Praise retracted, returning my copy to the store - Whitley obvs did this just to crush my spirit.

I really want to like this book, but I can't get past the art.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Also I've seen speculation that the girl Julie went into the prison to rescue is Rebecca "Rikki" Barnes (also known as Nomad) since she reacted to the mention of the Avengers Academy and Spider-Girl/Araña
    Up until she said her name, I thought it was Cammi. Which would have made much more sense from the space prison point of view.

If it is Rikki, I suppose that fits with her being from Franklin's alt. Earth, which the FF at least know about from Robinson's run. I assume she'll also become Julie's new love interest, just because everyone else is too young, and the book will need some sort of relationship drama.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Didn't Rikki die during Onslaught Unleashed or am I thinking of another person?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    She did, but based on what Rebecca said in this issue she may have just been tossed out into the multiverse, travelling different realities.

And somehow she wound up back at 616

Spectacular Member

I could see that... except I also notice the 'lightning bolt' scars on her cheek -- reminiscent of the Molecule Man. While I suspect she MAY be a relation (maybe an unknown child with Volcana) - but she's at the very least been 'infused' with some bit of his power.

Whitley mentioned that he was having a upcoming comic involving Onslaught. Today, he related that with the Maker. That leaves no doubts that this is Rikki Barnes!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    She did, but the by the end is revealed that Steve is having dreams, that could be interpreted as visions, about Onsluaght, heavily implying that it's still out there, and Rikki too by proxy.

A haiku for the best boy.

Screwing with Alex
    He yearns for Valeria
    Not good, nor evil

whitley has truly done the impossible
    picked a portion of marvel continuity i couldn't care less about that now forces me to read back issues
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Also, I am completely pro-Julie's fresh cut. And Uncle Yondu.

As for the art "error", where all four Moloids have bodies, clearly the team at some point developed a cybernetic body for Turg to occupy, but he doesn't like it and only occasionally uses it to make his friends feel that their work was not wasted. But not for long, as he loves the freedom of flight.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

The last Future Foundation with that tie-in to FF with that long story about the mad Celestials and all the sub-plots was EPIC!! My prediction, like with JOM the new series will not be anywhere close to the level of the last run.
    It's insane that JOM, FFoundation, Avengers and all the great specials were coming out so close to one another. Where is stuff like that now?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

A buff, brunette girl whose name is Rebecca and she reacted at the name Spider-Girl whose possessions were taken from her in order to leave her appearance inconspicuous... yes, it's Rikki.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey