Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

My first thought was a different Rebecca....Rebecca Ryker, aka Death Locket. She had ties to some of the Avengers Academy students, and she had some scarring on her face (around where her implants were). The "important possessions" she wants to get back could be her cybernetic implants and weapons. And if she's inherited any of her father's technical genius, she could potentially fit in with the Future Foundation kids.

I just wasn't sure how this would mesh with Death Locket's recent appearance in the JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY mini that was a WOTR tie-in. So maybe it is Rikki after all.

That's exactly why it can't be Death Locket. She's appeared too recently, she wouldn't have ended up in space jail. Also, wouldn't removing her cybernetic implants be fatal?

And I'm not even sure this is set after WOTR. It could be immediately after Fantastic Four #4 and Runaways #10.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-08-2019 at 03:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I really want to like this book, but I can't get past the art.
    I have the exact same problem.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Gods, Whitley could've just told us the new girl's name instead of dragging things out.

The Maker mix-up is explained since there was a line that they picked up a bio-signature similar to Reed's.

Art kinda reminds me of Arthur Adams.

6/10.

Ease up on the talking. Holy Crap.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

No... I can't justify paying for another Marvel title such as this.

I don't mind the art , except for Artie. He looks horrible. I am glad that he is finally starting to age, but it seems Leech is going the other way. I seem to recall him being taller in the Decimation days. I also hope Whitley remembers that Leech can talk, it's only Artie that can't.

Mighty Member

It's totally not the direction I hoped for the Future foundation. I hoped a high-concept adventure with kids, with intriguing ideas, futurism, high-stakes... It's just a comic teen-drama like Champions or Wasp.

And I don"t like the art. And too much text ! I will pass and if it makes 12 issues, it's a miracle (seriously, between this and Fantastic Four I"m really disapointed by how they handled the legacy of Hickman)
    Last edited by lordozone; 08-08-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Seems like it's being marketed as a straight up replacement for the about-to-be-cancelled Champions too. "Your new favourite teen superhero team" or words to that effect were in the backmatter. They also said it'll be more action driven rather than character focused like Wasp was.

Both writer and artist never have Marvel books last a year. Bear in mind Wasp's two runs were eight and ten issues. And Great Lakes Avengers didn't last even that long... so yeah, while I liked this, I'm not confident of the book's longevity.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-08-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    It's totally not the direction I hoped for the Future foundation. I hoped a high-concept adventure with kids, with intriguing ideas, futurism, high-stakes... It's just a comic teen-drama like Champions or Wasp.
    i don't understand
    this book is starting with the maker and will get into onslaught stuff
    that's already bigger than anything from hickman's run
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joelr View Post
    The last Future Foundation with that tie-in to FF with that long story about the mad Celestials and all the sub-plots was EPIC!! My prediction, like with JOM the new series will not be anywhere close to the level of the last run.
    It's insane that JOM, FFoundation, Avengers and all the great specials were coming out so close to one another. Where is stuff like that now?
    X-men, Immortal Hulk, Venom, Guardian of the Galaxy... I really think that we are seeing a new period of great and interesting Marvel titles, but for other characters. Sadly (or not) Fantastic Four, Future Foundation, Avengers and even Loki are in a more light-hearted and playful period, with accessible stories. And it's ok, because for the most part Marvel comics are actually good and it's a breath of fresh air when you compare with the ANAD period.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i don't understand
    this book is starting with the maker and will get into onslaught stuff
    that's already bigger than anything from hickman's run
    It's really a personal appreciation, but I have a problem with the writing, the art (my biggest problem) and the tone. Yeah, we have the maker (like in Venom or infamous Iron Man) or Onslaught (that we have seen a dozen times these last ten years) but nothing ground-breaking or surprising. It remind me of "Exiles" by Saladin Ahmed: cool characters, powerful antagonists, but bad execution. They are writers who are more interested by personal dramas than big-concept, and it doesn't work for these kind of stories. Imho, they need writers who think big and outside the box. But it's the first issue, we will see, maybe I'm wrong.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly, the only thing I like about it is the potential return of Rikki Barnes. When I say only, I mean that, too.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

So The Maker has been in venom for a bit and now absolute carnage... how do we wanna play with continuity so that he’s also here (also being a prisoner for god knows how long) especially since they made sure to say this one is also from 1610.

This could be set before the Venom stuff. It could be any time after F4 #4 and Runaways #10, which are both from last year.

Mighty Member

Not to mention that Molecule Man put a piece of the Maker in every single new universe he and Franklin made. For all we know, this is the Maker from Ewing's New Avengers who was jailed by Sunspot while the Maker in Venom is one from another universe.