Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Maybe Dr M, Ozymandias not responsible in Doomsday Clock?

Might be over reading, but the obvious is that Dr M eliminated the JSA, and Ozymandias is interfering with his future vision. But I wonder about

1)Professor Zoom saying "there is no future or past until I rewrite it", in "The Button" and how he was reduced to bones but NOT killed, as revealed in Flash. Iris then killed him...but he's a living paradox, can't really be erased. Tellin me tachyon manipulation is outta his reach? Motive: Destroy hope.

2)The disparaging comments made by Veidt about Silk Spectre 1, and the weird abscence of the daughter. Motive to undercut the world's smartest man? Motive: revenge for Mom & get her man back.

3)Also the hooded figure altering the timeline in "Flashpoint" doesn't look like Veidt or Osterman, and could be female.

4)Some of Dr M's power has been replicated by Veidt, his cat, and Firestorm...kinda. Meta arms race going on, anybody else tap into it? And maybe screw something up?

Nutty maybe, but remember when everyone thought the hooded figure was Pandora? Or when Mr Oz was Adrian Veidt? Misdirection is common throughout. Batman didn't actually state Veidt was the doer (just that they were being played), and Dr M was not seen doing ANY of the misdeeds, though I think it's meant to be assumed.

Anyone else skeptical? Hey, it's all for fun, but whattaya think?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlondey View Post
    Might be over reading, but the obvious is that Dr M eliminated the JSA, and Ozymandias is interfering with his future vision. But I wonder about

1)Professor Zoom saying "there is no future or past until I rewrite it", in "The Button" and how he was reduced to bones but NOT killed, as revealed in Flash. Iris then killed him...but he's a living paradox, can't really be erased. Tellin me tachyon manipulation is outta his reach? Motive: Destroy hope.

2)The disparaging comments made by Veidt about Silk Spectre 1, and the weird abscence of the daughter. Motive to undercut the world's smartest man? Motive: revenge for Mom & get her man back.

3)Also the hooded figure altering the timeline in "Flashpoint" doesn't look like Veidt or Osterman, and could be female.

4)Some of Dr M's power has been replicated by Veidt, his cat, and Firestorm...kinda. Meta arms race going on, anybody else tap into it? And maybe screw something up?

Nutty maybe, but remember when everyone thought the hooded figure was Pandora? Or when Mr Oz was Adrian Veidt? Misdirection is common throughout. Batman didn't actually state Veidt was the doer (just that they were being played), and Dr M was not seen doing ANY of the misdeeds, though I think it's meant to be assumed.

Anyone else skeptical? Hey, it's all for fun, but whattaya think?
    I for one figured that Dr. Manhattan was basically a red herring, so this could be a sound theory.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Ive been figuring from the start that Manhattan wasn't the true Big Bad. He does morally questionable (or outright despicable) things but he's not a straight up villain. Even Ozymandias wasn't just some clear-cut bad guy; he was trying to stop a even worse fate. I've thought that even DC wouldn't be foolish enough to make the Watchmen simple, straight up black hats. My guess from the beginning has been that whatever Manhattan is doing, he's working against something even worse and the narrative would run basically along the lines of "heroes learn history has been broken, find out Manhattan did it, confront Manhattan (where we are now) for a DC vs Watchmen thing, then find out Manhattan wasn't the real problem and then it'll be DC teaming up with the Watchmen to defeat the true Big Bad."

So I wouldnt be surprised at all if it turns out you're right.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The hooded figure from Flashpoint was Pandora, who merged the DCU and Wildstorm Earths in order to "strengthen" the DCU against some big bad that never showed up because not enough readers liked the New 52, so that threat was retconned into Dr. Manhattan, who killed her in DC: Rebirth #1.

You could be on to something with Ozymandias being the true villain, though. I would guess we'll find out in the next issue of Doomsday Clock.

Or it could be that because of the initial changes caused by Dr. Manhattan, others were able to take advantage of the situation and cause additional alterations that Dr. Manhattan is just observing to see how they play out?

I thought Pandora was working for Manhattan, and none too pleased about it, and once she had done what Manhattan wanted her to he killed her before she could turn on him?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

There is some unclear questions of why Mime and Marionette's child is so important, I reckon it is the key to saving both universe.

I have a theory that Laurie refused to help Ozymandias not only because she didn't trust him but she's looking after the child with Dan, it's the only connection I can think of why Ozy would go to Mime and Marionette for help.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The hooded figure from Flashpoint was Pandora, who merged the DCU and Wildstorm Earths in order to "strengthen" the DCU against some big bad that never showed up because not enough readers liked the New 52, so that threat was retconned into Dr. Manhattan, who killed her in DC: Rebirth #1.

You could be on to something with Ozymandias being the true villain, though. I would guess we'll find out in the next issue of Doomsday Clock.
    Is the Pandora thing a fact, or opinion? If so, my blurt makes a little less sense, so please tell me! Even if true, my inner crazy still tells me there's another player on the dark side, but point #3 in the original post is null.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Is the Pandora thing a fact, or opinion? If so, my blurt makes a little less sense, so please tell me! Even if true, my inner crazy still tells me there's another player on the dark side, but point #3 in the original post is null.
    Unless they decide to retcon it, that was definitely Pandora at the end of Flashpoint, yes.

Amazing Member

Yep, definitely Pandora. Maybe I want to be blindsided, really surprised? Supes punching Dr M would be awesome but ultimately futile. Maybe that punch is directed elsewhere? After a consult with the world's greatest detective who read Rorshach's journal? Supes hits the big bad while Bats neutralizes Veidt? It can't be "Clark talks him out of it", no way- he approaches him in a rage, fist cocked. Veidt getting the best of Batman is no big deal, in big stories he ALWAYS loses round 1, and figures out a weakness for round two. That's a stock plot. But Luthor is in that room w/ Clark & Lois, so a team-up? Maybe a good think & some re-reads, then an actual theory ( instead of rambling) from me...yeah.

Yep, definitely Pandora. Maybe I want to be blindsided, really surprised? Supes punching Dr M would be awesome but ultimately futile. Maybe that punch is directed elsewhere?
    Oh, no . . . not a punch from Superman realigning the DC universe's reality?!?

Amazing Member

If Veidt thinks the same as he used to, and wants peace & unity, he better watch out for Joker, who he can't anticipate. That could be a humbling experience! And things end badly when Mr J AND Bats are circling you, assuming again that Veidt is the real mastermind.

Still don't see Superman "destroying" anybody (but his own character if he kills someone, including Dr M), that punch is directed elsewhere, to the source of Manhattan's blindspot, or at whatever's causing Him to act this way?

If Wonder Woman just throws down with team Black Adam, the resulting destruction nullifies her reason for being there, and it's too late in the story to effectively rebound from it, especially since it's such a sub-plot, we need some good storytelling here, not a big fight.

OK, so like a cop solving a crime: Laurie and/or Mothman are pulling some strings, having entered this dimension. She wants John back, he wants to help Reggie & maybe feels a kinship with Johnny Thunder. Batman has put some of the plot together, but can't contact the heroes. The button was left in the batcave as an intentional clue. The way to main DC universe was a track on the owlship, and that's what was "calling to" Mothman. Luthor knows some of what Johnny Thunder knows, and doesn't think much of Veidt. He brains up & somehow revives Supes, convinces him that he needs to take out the power source on Mars, that is not a naked blue guy, but is near to him. He has to free the JSA from limbo! In so doing, the current timeline ends, the correct one is restored. Dr M, for all his power, was looking down a dead end!

Wonder Woman finds some common ground with Giganta, by convincing her she's being used. Not hard to do even.

Whoever left the button also left some other clues for Batman, and contact is made. They plan to apprehend Veidt, who is prepared...for them. Not for some pie in the face, as he has two enemies (Joker & Comedian) who ain't letting him walk!

Johnny Thunder's dying act is being reunited with his old gang. Hope is alive & well in the restored timeline.

Good thing I don't write comics! But there's what passes for my theory for now. Notice Mime's babies are still a huge loose end. But hey, call it the 1st rough draft.

Spectacular Member

If Veidt thinks the same as he used to, and wants peace & unity, he better watch out for Joker, who he can't anticipate. That could be a humbling experience! And things end badly when Mr J AND Bats are circling you, assuming again that Veidt is the real mastermind.

Still don't see Superman "destroying" anybody (but his own character if he kills someone, including Dr M), that punch is directed elsewhere, to the source of Manhattan's blindspot, or at whatever's causing Him to act this way?

If Wonder Woman just throws down with team Black Adam, the resulting destruction nullifies her reason for being there, and it's too late in the story to effectively rebound from it, especially since it's such a sub-plot, we need some good storytelling here, not a big fight.

OK, so like a cop solving a crime: Laurie and/or Mothman are pulling some strings, having entered this dimension. She wants John back, he wants to help Reggie & maybe feels a kinship with Johnny Thunder. Batman has put some of the plot together, but can't contact the heroes. The button was left in the batcave as an intentional clue. The way to main DC universe was a track on the owlship, and that's what was "calling to" Mothman. Luthor knows some of what Johnny Thunder knows, and doesn't think much of Veidt. He brains up & somehow revives Supes, convinces him that he needs to take out the power source on Mars, that is not a naked blue guy, but is near to him. He has to free the JSA from limbo! In so doing, the current timeline ends, the correct one is restored. Dr M, for all his power, was looking down a dead end!

Wonder Woman finds some common ground with Giganta, by convincing her she's being used. Not hard to do even.

Whoever left the button also left some other clues for Batman, and contact is made. They plan to apprehend Veidt, who is prepared...for them. Not for some pie in the face, as he has two enemies (Joker & Comedian) who ain't letting him walk!

Johnny Thunder's dying act is being reunited with his old gang. Hope is alive & well in the restored timeline.

Good thing I don't write comics! But there's what passes for my theory for now. Notice Mime's babies are still a huge loose end. But hey, call it the 1st rough draft.
    I think at the moment Dr Manhattan took the Comedian from falling to his death, the Button came as well collecting energy as it went from one universe to another. I wonder if it might be a way for Batman to enter the Watchmen universe and seek help. The cover of issue 11 I have a feeling might be set in the Watchmen and not the DC Universe.
    Last edited by JonaX; 03-27-2019 at 09:24 PM.

BANNED

TIM Dreck is is OZYMANDIAS.

Amazing Member

JonaX: the covers have been a little misleading re content, but that would be a cool plot twist, like super cool to see Batman on that Earth.

Great screen name too! You and " Comic-Reader Lad"!