Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC NEXT DAWN - August Solicits!

We present to you DC Next Dawn, a collection of all new fan-made issues on “sale” this month, August 2019!

What is “DC Next Dawn” and how does it work?

Next Dawn, previously known as “New Dawn,” is a fan fiction universe and solicitation game that has been in existence on the CBR boards for approximately ten years! It has gone through several iterations and has survived forum reboots! The way it works is that “plotters” write short solicitations for monthly comic books! Then participants “buy” the books they want to read! The books with the most buys get rewards. Sounds fun, right? So let’s do this! Which of this month's solicits interest and excite you? Let us know by posting which books you'd pick up in the virtual Next Dawn Store (this solicitation thread). You can pull as many as you'd like, but also consider your "virtual budget" when making your selections, as sales are used to reward our titles and plotters. Registers are open all month and sales are tallied at the end of the month.

Absolutely anyone can make purchases right here in this thread - so please do!. It’s free and is basically just saying “I’d read this” or “I like this!” So let us know!

If you want more information on Next Dawn or are interested in plotting yourself, please visit us at the Next Dawn Bullpen Thread.

Behold! Our monthly archive!
    This is the repository of our prior work; a compilation of all the monthly solicitation posts since the forum was reset in 2014.

JUNE | JULY | AUG. | SEP.
    OCT. | NOV. | DEC.

JAN. | FEB. | MAR. | APR.
    MAY | JUNE | JULY | AUG.
    SEP. | OCT. | NOV. | DEC.

MAY | JUNE | JULY | AUG.

MAY | JUNE | JULY | AUG.

MAY | JUN. | JULY | AUG.
    SEPT. | OCT. | NOV. | DEC.

MAY | JUNE | JULY

Next Dawn and Age of Marvels also have an OFFICIAL WIKI!

Now, this month’s solicitations!
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-01-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

ACTION COMICS#1
    Plotted by Deku
    Written by Geoff Johns
    Art by Gurihiru
    SUPERMAN AND THE TOYTOWN!-Part 1
    A gang of life-size Toy Soldiers terrorize Metropolis. But Superman discovers that there is more to this bizarre crime spree than meets the eye.
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

BAT-WING #1
    Written By Malcolm Jones
    Art By Ben Oliver
    Plot By Marvell2100
    "Shadow of the Bat"
    Spinning out of Batman Inc. comes Bat-Wing, the Dark Knight of the Congo! David Zavimbe is a government agent who secretly wears the symbol of the Bat! But is that enough to strike fear in the heart of a country that has seen far greater horrors? David and his partner Special Agent Kia Okuru will find out soon enough as they track down a dangerous band of criminals called The Jackals! And will he become a hero in his own right or will he be seen as a just a pale imitation of the real thing? Can David escape the shadow of the Bat?
    32PGS./Rated T+...$3.99

BATWOMAN #1
    Plotter: POWER TORCH
    Writer: AMY CHU
    Artist: JAN DUURSEMA
    “Batwomen in London: Part 1”
    Kate Kane has been called a lot of things, but a serial killer is a new one. Someone is claiming to be Batwoman is taking the blame for a series of killings, and they don't plan to stop. When another young women is found dead Kate Kane hops and a plane and heads across the pond. But how can see find this new Batwomen, without get arrested herself?
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #0
    Plotted by Clark_Kent
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Dan Jurgens & Jay Oliva
    (excerpt from "SUPERMAN RETURNS", Daily Planet article, written by Lois Lane)
    This is what we know: the world has grown dark...and while we have reason to fear, we have the strength not to. There are heroes among us, to remind us that only through fear comes courage. That only through the darkness can we truly feel the light.
    Today, the light shines on our heroes, as they come out of the shadows to tell us we won't be alone again. Our darkness was deep, and seemed to swallow all hope. But these heroes were here the whole time, to remind us that hope is real. That you can see it. All you have to do is look...
    ...up in the sky.

Heroes were born. Icons fought. A legend died. As the world now begins to grasp with the concept of a newly resurrected Superman in the wake of Steppenwolf's defeat, the next dawn of this new age is on the horizon. Superman knows that coming back from death is one thing, but bringing but Clark Kent may be something else entirely!
    Meanwhile, across the bay in Gotham, Bruce Wayne receives intel on the Belle Reve breakout: Joker and Harley Quinn have stolen a car, and are heading north. Unfortunately for Bruce, Lex Luthor has just escaped Arkham Asylum...what is a Batman to do? Call Dick Grayson, of course! As Nightwing joins the chase for Joker & Harley, Batman investigates Arkham.
    And finally, on the distant world of Apokolips, Steppenwolf bows to his Lord Darkseid. Shamed in defeat, and blaming the Kryptonian, Steppenwolf has excuses and Darkseid will not hear it. Darkseid is anger. Darkseid is Anti-Life. Darkseid.....IS. As Steppenwolf's head rolls across the floor, Darkseid is already planning his next move.
    All this, plus: Barry Allen's first day as a crime lab intern! Victor Stone begins setting up old Wayne Manor to be the Justice League meeting room! S.T.A.R. Labs makes a discovery with the remains of Doomsday's body! Diana adjusts to life in the public eye, and Arthur catches word of a stolen submarine.
    80 PGS / Rated T+ / FREE

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #1
    Plotted by Clark_Kent
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Dan Jurgens & Jay Oliva
    Clark Kent meets with Perry White to try and explain what's happened. Clark tells him he had uncovered Luthor's plot to detonate a bomb within the Capitol, and that he had to fake his death to protect his family. Clark is astonished when Perry tells Clark he knows he is Superman!
    Joker & Harley Quinn are having the time of their lives! A modern day Bonnie & Clyde, they leave a trail of bullets and bodies in their wake as they move North. Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is in hot pursuit, but always a step behind the Royal Clowns of Crime. Trying to track their route, he calls Alfred for assistance.
    Batman investigates Luthor's escape from Arkham; Luthor is smart, too smart, to simply use an ATM for cash or swipe a credit card. But everyone leaves a paper trail, and Lex Luthor is no different...a cursory view of his assets show the many owned businesses and transportation vehicles Lex owns, all accounted for, except one: the "Mercy", a yacht, is missing. Satellite gps reveals its location near Monaco; Bruce Wayne fires up a private jet.
    32pgs / Rated T+ / $2.99

DEADLY HANDS OF CONNOR HAWKE #1
    Plotter: Marvell2100
    Writer: Jeff Lemire
    Artist: Andrea Sorrentino
    "It's A Wonderful Life!"
    Since he was found as an orphan in the mountains of Tibet at the age of five, Connor Hawke was trained to be a ruthless assassin by The Guild. Now after fifteen years and dozens of kills, Connor has escaped The Guild seeking to find a new life away from blood, death and the many faces that haunt his memory. But The Guild will not let a valuable asset walk away so easily and will stop at nothing to bring him back either dead or alive. Can Connor find his happy life or are his only options kill or be killed?
    32 PGS./Rated T+...$3.99

DETECTIVE COMICS#1
    Plotted by Deku
    Written by Ed Brubaker
    Art by Michael Lark
    Case of the Puzzler-Part 1
    Gotham’s five biggest Jewellery stores have been robbed and the only clue to who has done it is a puzzle box in each crime scene. This isn’t the Riddler’s MO which means there is a new player in Gotham. Can Batman and Robin solve their Puzzles and catch them?
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

THE FLASH #0
    Plot by EXCITER
    Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
    Art by FRANK CHO
    “LIFE COMES AT YOU FAST”
    Hey kiddo,
    Haven’t see you in a while. I read that you got another wrongful conviction overturned. I don’t really understand exactly what you did, but the Central City Citizen’s article was making it seem like you innovated a whole new forensic technique. They said it was theoretical for decades, but you somehow figured it out and then nabbed the guy who really burned that lady to death. I know I’ve told you a million times, but wow... I’m so proud of you. My boy is a hero!
    And I know you haven’t given up on my case either. Hell, sometimes I think you’re the only one who hasn’t! I haven’t heard from my lawyer since the Circuit Court denied our last appeal. I know you’re doing everything you can to figure out what really happened to your mother. But son, Iris called. She’s worried about you. Said you’ve become more obsessive. That you two split up and you aren’t returning her calls. You have to know, that’s not what I want for you. Not for my benefit. I’ll get out of here eventually, I really will - I have faith. But I don’t want your life ruined trying to make it happen. What I’m saying, Barry, is that... you have to slow down. Can you do that for me? Just, stop for a minute and appreciate what you have. And please, for yourself, accept that you just can’t do everything at once!
    Love always,
    Dad
    Henry Allen, Inmate # 101956
    Iron Heights Penitentiary

Barry Allen is sorry to disappoint his father, but he’s not about to slow down now. He thought it was the Reverse Flash that killed his mother for revenge, but now there’s reason to believe that may be untrue. He’s close to something big - and to get there, he’s GOTTA GO FAST!
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …FREE

THE FLASH #1
    Plot by EXCITER
    Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
    Art by FRANK CHO
    “FEED THE FIRE”
    His name is Barry Allen, and he is the fastest man alive!. When he was a child, he saw his mother killed by something... impossible. His father went to jail for her murder and Barry dedicated his life to exonerating him. He worked tirelessly to become a forensic scientist and detective... and one day a freak accident turned him into something impossible. Now he is... the Flash! And he’s fast as @&$%! But he’s also smart...
    Flash Fact: DNA analysis relies on allele sequencing because raw sequencing of single nucleotides would take too long.
    Too long... for everyone else. Successfully testing techniques for possible use in his father’s case, Barry proved that a man named Mick Rory was wrongfully imprisoned for murder! Of course, getting that conviction reversed meant that he also put a pyromaniac with a penchant for high-tech flamethrowers back on the street. Oops! The guy’s even got a seasonally appropriate nickname: “Heatwave.” Is Flash fast enough to clean up his own mess and make sure the enthusiastic arsonist doesn’t actually become a murderer by turning Central City into a raging inferno? What’s the speed of rehabilitation?
    Meanwhile, there’s a fortified mansion in the Ozarks - the isolated region of Earth least vulnerable to natural disasters and most likely to survive any apocalypse. Within its nigh-impenetrable walls, in a room of resplendent luxury decorated with priceless artifacts from antiquity, the immortal Vandal Savage ponders. Barry Allen may be getting too near to the truth....
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

GREEN LANTERN #0
    Plotter by EXCITER
    Writer by MARK MILLAR
    Art by JOE MADUREIRA
    ”THE COLOR OF WILL”
    Hal Jordan of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.
    It seems to Hal that it was a lifetime ago that he heard those words. Since then, he has faced down tyrants and genocidal madmen. Pulled dead and mangled bodies from wreckage. Gotten into firefights. Tried both in vain and successfully to save the critically injured. Lied to people as they were dying, telling them it would be okay if they just held on. Been attacked by oppressed people after liberating them from their oppressors. Chased fugitives through wormholes, asteroid belts, and supernova. Created constructs for children who didn’t have much to play with, and watched them pretend to be Lanterns. Sent people to prison. Gave others breaks. Missed Christmas and all major holidays. Every Lantern he knows shares these experiences... and their reward is a short life expectancy.
    We can easily forget that there are people behind the rings, and that’s why Hal agreed to let a reporter from Interstellar News fly with him for a day. Prepare for the ultimate ride-along and a taste of life in the Green Lantern Corps!
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …FREE

GREEN LANTERN #1
    Plotter by EXCITER
    Writerby MARK MILLAR
    Art by JOE MADUREIRA
    ”THE THIN GREEN LINE”
    In brightest day...
    Hal Jordan of Sector 2814, and his partner John Stewart, receive the Green Lantern Corps’ highest honor for extraordinary bravery in the line of duty. Yet their work is far from over...
    In blackest night...
    Twelve entire galaxies, but only one domineering will. That impossibly large swath of space, and everyone within it... controlled by a starfish spore. But Starro isn’t finished - for the Conqueror seeks to expand.
    No evil shall escape my sight...
    The ultimate unstoppable weapon, he sleeps in stasis awaiting someone stupid enough to release him. Some petty warlord somewhere who foolishly wants his rivals obliterated. It’s only a matter of time - someone will unleash Doomsday!
    Let those who worship evil’s might...
    In his cell on the Takron-Galtos prison planet, Despero counts down the days. He arrived a scrawny telepath, but he’ll leave a hulking juggernaut - enhanced in all ways by the “Flames of Py'tar.” He grew his criminal empire even while confined, and soon he’ll claim his revenge upon the lowly human that put him away five years ago...
    Beware my power...
    The main man, Lobo, uses forged documents to renew his bail enforcement agent license on Oa. The last Czarnian interprets that to mean he’s officially cleared to frag bastiches in every sector - and he’s not shy about collateral damage!
    Green Lantern’s Light!
    There’s a universe of threats out there... and the only thing between them and you is a thin green line!
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99

HOUSE OF MYSTERY #1
    Plotter: POWER TORCH
    Writer: NANCY A. COLLINS
    Artist: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
    “House of Slasher: Part 1”
    The House of Mystery has appeared in Dayton, Ohio and everyone in the town acts like it has always been there. Everyone but Black Alice. Alice knows magic when she sees it, and this isn't a normal house. Some teens decided to "bravely" go into the house, and they don't come out, and now the town begins to worry. Alice takes it upon herself to head into the house and save them. But what waits for her inside the house is a bloodbath, and it's up to her to protect the local teens from a serial slasher! Old school horror meets the DC Universe!
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99

LEGENDS OF THE MULTIVERSE #0
    Plotted by Clark_Kent
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Art by Kenneth Rockafort
    From the Journal of Hank Henshaw:
    The Source Wall. So grand in appearance, so cold in its function. Though my Kryptonian Cybernetics tell me I have only been imprisoned here for 8 months, it feels like an eternity. I try to let my mind wander, but my machine half catalogues everything: quasars pulsating in the distance, black holes swallowing star systems, and my own thoughts, constantly and forever recorded in an infinite hole of cyber-memory.
    But, it has not all been for naught. The voices within the Source Wall, beings trapped here for millennia with no hope of escape...they say things. Secrets of the universe not whispered in ages, most impressive of which being the fact that this universe which has been so cruel and so cold and so dark to me is, unbelievably, not the only one. A grand Multiverse exists, the voices tell me. They speak of 52, if one only knows how to traverse them...and they speak of possible others, but only in pondering.
    They also speak of its former master...a being known as DOMINUS. A being so powerful, he could rival even the mighty Kryptonian himself...or perhaps even surpass him. Legend tells that he was eventually defeated by the Royal Family of the planet CALATAN, and his powers and energies were dispersed throughout the Multiverse. I'm sure if I could only be free, I could find them...bind them...and after gaining my revenge on those who have destroyed my life, I could finally end it. Gain the death that has eluded me for so long. If only I could be........wait, what is that light heading towards me? It looks like

<system malfunction>
    <rebooting system>
    <restore from previous? y/n>
    40pg / Rated T+ / FREE

LEGENDS OF THE MULTIVERSE #1
    Plotted by Clark_Kent
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Art by Kenneth Rockafort
    "Reign", Part 1
    Deep space. Hank Henshaw, the Cyborg Superman, awakens. Free of the Source Wall but unsure as of how, he gets his bearings with a systems check. His cybernetics are fine, and his journal entries remain intact, but incomplete. He does not know who or what has freed him, but he knows he must embark on his mission. 7 Objects of Power exist in the grand Multiverse, all he must do is find them.
    Henshaw soon learns that traversing the Multiverse is no small task, and for his quest he will need some help. Desperate, he travels to Earth to speak to the one man he knows with the brain and the know-how to help him...John Henry Irons, also known as STEEL! Unfortunately for the Cyborg Superman, Steel wants to continue their discussion from Engine City...
    24pg / Rated T+ / $2.99

RED X #0
    Written by Marjorie Liu
    Plot by H-E-D
    Art by Riley Rossmo
    Gotham. Bloodhaven. Shanghai. London. Metropolis. Around the world, cities are being terrorized by criminals of all stripes wielding experimental new technology, powered by a mysterious element named Xenothium. That’s all anybody knows, just the name. It’s origin and true nature are a mystery.
    Dick Grayson has had enough. As Nightwing, he traces down the only leads he has: a criminal scientist by the name of Professor Chang, and one word: “Meridian”.
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …FREE

RED X #1
    Written by Marjorie Liu
    Plot by H-E-D
    Art by Riley Rossmo
    Nightwing is dead – and Red X killed him!
    Or so the world believes. Dick Grayson is very much alive. When his investigation into the dangerous new element called Xenothium leads Nightwing to the shadowy organization called Meridian, he soon realizes a new approach is called for to deal with this unusual threat. Dick Grayson has assumed the identity of Red X, an Xenothium-powered mercenary and expert thief-for-hire. What better way to established your credibility as a villain than killing a superhero?
    The more he learns about Meridian, the more Dick realizes that he’s put himself in the middle of something far greater than he could have known. As Red X, Dick has Meridian’s attention. But that doesn’t mean he has their trust. Trapped in the lions den, can he survive long enough to discover the true nature of Meridian?
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.

SENSATION COMICS #0
    Written by Kieron Gillen
    Plot by H-E-D
    Art by Stephanie Hans
    “THE MANY REALMS OF AMAZONIA”
    You know Themyscira, homeland of Wonder Woman, but there are many other homes of the Amazons. As the Roman Empire expanded, so too did the gods have the Amazons expand, establishing enclaves in new territories. The valley of Bana-Mighdall in Egypt. The Sunken world of Ys in France. The misted isle of Cantre’r Gawelod in Wales. The caverns of Tartessos in Spain. The oasis of Cenculiana in Tunisia. The peaks of Tarhuntassa in Turkey.
    Nowadays, Amazonia is barely more than a memory, bound together by only the bare minimum of ties. But witness here the origin not only of Paradise Isle, but of lands long lost and forgotten. Behold, Amazonia.
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …FREE

SENSATION COMICS #1
    Written by Kieron Gillen
    Plot by H-E-D
    Art by Stephanie Hans
    For years, Princess Diana was lied to by her patrons. She thought she’d finally gotten all the answers, but she’s about to learn just how much she didn’t know about the Amazons, as she ventures for the first time to the other realms of Amazonia.
    Without warning, a realm of Amazonia is wiped off the map. (Well, as an Amazonian Realm, it was never on a map in the first place, but if it had been!) Now there is blood in the water. With one realm of Amazonia destroyed, the enemies of all the rest have been emboldened. For the first time in a thousand years, the Realms have invoked the ties that bind. Themyscira sends her greatest asset to aid her sisters: Diana, Wonder Woman, the child of Hippolyta, formed from clay. With a team of allies, she must defend her sisters from threats both within and without.
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99

SIGNAL: WELCOME TO FREELAND #1
    Plotter: LEMONPEACE
    Writer: BRYAN EDWARD HILL; JUSTIN JORDAN
    Artist: DENYS COWAN
    Cover Artist: JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Secrets & Origins I
    “You’re a long way from the Narrows Signal-boy” - Gotham’s getting crowded, and with metahuman activity on the rise worldwide, it’s time for THE SIGNAL to strike out on his own as a free agent! Now he can set his sights on unlocking all his mother’s secrets, secrets that are tied to all of metahuman kind. So where’s a meta to go in search of illumination? Freeland, Georgia, the city with the most metahuman residents per capita and the epicenter of the underground magic and metahuman arms race. Of course, he’s brought back-up on his search for answers, Kid Flash and Sideways are in tow; but could this be too much for a bunch of young bucks? Signal’s up to the challenge, it’s time to shed some light on what’s really going on in the metahuman capital of America.
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

VILLAINS UNITED #0
    Plotted by Lorec
    Written by Gail Simone
    Art by Ed Benes
    48 pages/Free
    August 2019
    The Law
    “The law states that the prosecution must prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the defendant is guilty of the crimes brought against him. The prosecution’s case hinges upon the word of Superman, an alien from another planet; and Batman, someone who dresses up like be belongs in 50 Shades of Grey or Arkham Asylum, take your pick. In both cases, we don’t know their real names, they cannot be vetted. Even with a joint task force comprised of the FBI, ATF, and Metropolis PD, no one can put my client at the scene of any crimes nor connect him directly to any criminal transactions. It is your civic duty to find my client non guilty on all counts….lest these “heroes” turn their gaze on you next”. – Closing arguments from Heather Flores, defense attorney for Lex Luthor
    Lex hears Heather’s arguments but they barely register. Since day one of the trial, it was evident the prosecution was in over it’s head and was going to get eaten alive. And that’s exactly what Heather did. It would have been beautiful if he hadn’t been the one on trial. All that will be behind him soon though. He has a plan to replenish his wealth and then some. And he’s going to do it in the unlikeliest of ways, by playing well with others and being the good guy. No one will ever suspect what’s actually going on.
    Morgan Edge couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It appeared at first as though the prosecution had Lex Luthor dead to rights on RICO charges. But then Lex’s lawyer, Heather Flores, simply destroyed everyone on cross-examination, even Superman, when she asked had he ever seen Lex commit any of the crimes of which he’s being accused. But what really floored him was the night before closing arguments were to be given. Another lawyer, Peter Hamilton, contacted Morgan about a possible business deal and ongoing partnership should Lex be acquitted. Once he had assurances from his own lawyers the deal was ironclad, everything was set. And now, after the closing arguments, there was little doubt in Morgan’s mind that Lex would be a free man in a matter of days.
    From the files of Lex Luthor
    Morgan Edge (Business/Leadership) – I’ve known Morgan for years. We’ve even talked about going into business together. But Morgan’s forte is media. He understands it, gets it, lives for it. But he’s no fool either, which is how he ended up as the shadow leader for Intergang. Not a lot of people know Morgan is the brains behind Bruno Manheim’s running of Intergang. The fact that Morgan has been able to run this kind of double life for several years, given his public profile, is a testament to his intelligence. I don’t admire too many people, but Morgan’s ability to play it cool with the law, heroes, and keep his businesses clean is a feat I admire. Of course, my current predicament is probably the cause of my admiration. Good help is hard to find these days, but with Morgan’s help, we’ll both be richer than we ever imagined.

24pg / Rated T+ / $2.99

VILLAINS UNITED #1
    Plotted by Lorec
    Written by Gail Simone
    Art by Ed Benes
    32 pages/$2.99
    August 2019
    The Verdict
    “We the jury, find the defendant Lex Luthor, not-guilty of all charges”. – Jury foreperson
    That should have been sweet music to Lex’s ears, who has been in court for over 5 years and has spent 100s of millions of dollars in legal fees. But 6 weeks after the verdict and regaining control over LexCorp, his company has been run into the ground by interim CEO Eve Teschmacher. With over 90% of his wealth is gone, Lex dissolves LexCorp, then acts on the first part of his plan, sell half of the Thunder Corporation to Morgan Edge, the media mogul. This makes them unlikely business partners, but that’s all part of his master plan. While he has joined and led super-villains before to take down superheroes, he never considered joining them to increase his wealth. But to do that, he’d need an organization, and villains united in one goal, to become as rich as humanly possible without running afoul of superheroes.
    From the files of Lex Luthor
    Slade Wilson/Deathstroke the Terminator (Head of Security/Assassinations) – Everyone is good at something. Some people are truly phenomenal at that thing. Slade is good at killing people, possibly the best ever. He’s not always the stealthiest, like say Deadshot, but sometimes you want a message sent, and Slade is that message. He’s a man that has gone toe to toe with the likes of Batman and Superman, and destroyed governments, all before most people have had lunch. But most of all, he’s a man that likes to get paid for the work he does. I have a list of enemies a mile long and Slade didn’t earn the moniker “the Terminator” for nothing.

24pg / Rated T+ / $2.99
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Below is a full list of Next Dawn Solicitations for August 2019. Feel free to copy/paste and edit with your personal buys at your convenience. Post the issues you’d pick up in this thread. Sales close at the end of August.

ACTION COMICS#1
    BAT-WING #1
    BATWOMAN #1
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #0
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #1
    DETECTIVE COMICS#1
    THE FLASH #0
    THE FLASH #1
    GREEN LANTERN #0
    GREEN LANTERN #1
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #1
    MYSTERY IN SPACE #1
    THE OUTSIDERS #1
    THE QUESTION #0
    THE QUESTION #1
    RED X #0
    RED X #1
    SENSATION COMICS #0
    SENSATION COMICS #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1

Additional titles may be added, so check back.

Registers are now open!

Buy now! Buy often!
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.

...and don't miss the adventures of The Question, the Outsiders, or the strangeness of a certain Mystery In Space!

THE QUESTION #0
    Plotter: CaptCleghorn
    Writer MARK RUSSELL
    Artist BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “Do You Know the Way to Hub City?”
    Charles Victor “Vic” Sage is reaching the bottom of the bucket. Once a Pulitzer Prize finalist, he fell into a habit of imposing his own values into his stories. As a result, his journalism became suspect and he fell into columns and doing local talk radio shows. His opinions and investigating has forced changes in his jobs. Now all he can get is a local news talk show on Hub City AM radio.
    He’s also managed to get a guest lecturer position at the prestigious but gated Hub City University. His latest plan to get out of the Hub is to latch onto old acquaintance Vicki Vale and ride her coattails out of the Hub. Vicki is flying into Hub City International Airport to cover the ongoing Hub City clean water crisis. Vic’s plan is to buy her a few drinks, and ingratiate himself back into her good graces. Yes, they have a history.
    However, Vicki’s investigating does not go well and Vic’s near stalkerish trailing of her may be the only way so he desperately dons a mask of artificial skin called Pseudoderm (a product of scientific genius Aristotle Rodor, PhD) to hide his identity. Does Vic manage to save Vicki Vale and maintain his secret identity? Oh, and did we mention that the gas used to bind the mask to skin didn’t have a Pseudoderm removal compound?
    Read Vic’s “origin” story and discover more about his closest acquaintances.
    32 PGS./ Rated M for Mature Readers...$0.00

THE QUESTION #1
    Plotter: CaptCleghorn
    Writer MARK RUSSELL
    Artist BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “Who’s On First?”
    Lawrence "Crusher" Crock was possibly the greatest professional athlete in American History. As the expression goes, Crusher’s the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time). The first person to play THREE sports professionally, he’s been haunted by a history of cheating and doing anything to win. However he remains popular among a considerable part of the population although he’s been given the “honor” of being the only person banned from ALL professional sports
    Crock claims to be in town to help the process along to bring a minor league baseball team to Hub City. A cute story and one Vic’s students are covering as homework, but Vic’s on a different angle regarding Crock. You see, Crock is allegedly a member of the Illuminati (group of mysterious powerful people out to rule, or already ruling, the planet) and in Vic’s opinion, no man deserves that kind of power and his mission is to make sure there isn’t a secret group running the world behind the scenes. If there is, Crock sure as hell doesn’t belong there.
    Vic and Aristotle Rodor, PhD (“Tot”) have also come to an agreement regarding the Pseudoderm mask. Vic will keep the mask and be supplied both on and off gas. Vic gives Tot full reports because the mask is still in Beta testing.
    32 PGS./ Rated M for Mature Readers...$2.99

MYSTERY IN SPACE #1
    Written by: JEFF PARKER
    Plot by: LEE STONE
    Art by: STEVE RUDE
    In the far reaches of space a mysterious signal is heard.
    Rumors of entire galaxies being consumed by an unseen force are spreading.
    Planets are preparing for the worst but not know if or when it will come.
    Adam and Alanna Strange have volunteered to seek out the cause of the alarm.
    Together with Tigorr, Starfire and Jemm, they meet with Harbinger as she relays to them that the rumors are real.
    But before they can try to discover the source of the threat they must find one person key to their survival: The Weird.
    32 PGs./ Rated T...$3.99

THE OUTSIDERS #1
    Written by: BRIAN BENDIS
    Plot by: LEE STONE
    Art by: ALEX MALEEV
    Green Arrow has always thought of himself as a loner. But then, he's also spent a great deal of time with Black Canary and a few sidekicks.
    Oliver realizes that it wasn't that he preferred to work alone. It's that he just worked on a different level. A more grounded level.
    And that there are others out there with the same disposition.
    Loners out of necessity. Heroes that want to help people on a more direct human level where compassion can be felt face to face.
    A group of heroes comes together as the Outsiders to do just that when they thwart an assassination by the hired killer, Deadshot.
    Green Arrow, Black Canary, Black Lightning, Huntress, Katana, Bronze Tiger and Nemesis are willing to take the extra step to not only stop crime but also to make a difference in the lives of the victims and sometimes the criminals.
    32 PGs./ Rated T...$3.99
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.

This is a great start. I was tempted to buy everything.

Action Comics #1
    Detective Comics #1
    The Flash #0
    The Flash #1
    Green Lantern #0
    Green Lantern #1
    Red X #0
    Red X #1
    Villains United #0
    Villains United #1
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

What a haul! I was rather conflicted, but my “budget” is only so much.

Action Comics #1
    DC Extended Universe #0
    DC Extended Universe #1
    Red X #0
    Red X #1
    The Question #0
    The Question #1

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    What a haul! I was rather conflicted, but my “budget” is only so much.

Action Comics #1
    DC Extended Universe #0
    DC Extended Universe #1
    Red X #0
    Red X #1
    The Question #0
    The Question #1
    Budget well spent Rufio!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

this is my first time plotting titles, thank you in advance to anyone who picks my title. These are such great series, so many interesting ideas, and concepts; great first haul! I feel very inspired, I'm gonna try to cook up something really special next month. Good Luck to everyone.

GREEN LANTERN #1
    RED X #1
    BAT-WING #1
    SENSATION COMICS comics #0
    SENSATION COMICS comics #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-02-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Great work. I'm so glad I got back into this.

BAT-WING #1
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #0
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #1
    DETECTIVE COMICS#1
    GREEN LANTERN #0
    GREEN LANTERN #1
    RED X #0
    RED X #1
    SENSATION COMICS #0
    SENSATION COMICS #1
    THE QUESTION #0
    THE QUESTION #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1

In the old "New Dawn" universe, I always made my buys based on what my real-life budget allows me to get from my LCS...it's the only way I could think of to do it, otherwise every month I would just buy 1 of every single title lol But, that's not very realistic. Everyone did a wonderful job! If I didn't select your book, it's only because I couldn't afford it! Some months I'll buy more, some months I'll buy less. For now, my picks! (0 issues are nice because it inflates how many books I can afford lol )

BATWOMAN #1
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #0
    DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE #1
    THE FLASH #0
    THE FLASH #1
    GREEN LANTERN #0
    GREEN LANTERN #1
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #1
    THE QUESTION #0
    THE QUESTION #1
    RED X #0
    RED X #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

My picks for August. Some fresh titles and ideas, very good.

BAT-WING #1
    BATWOMAN #1
    DETECTIVE COMICS#1
    THE FLASH #0
    THE FLASH #1
    GREEN LANTERN #0
    GREEN LANTERN #1
    OUTSIDERS #1
    THE QUESTION #0
    THE QUESTION #1
    RED X #0
    RED X #1
    SENSATION COMICS #0
    SENSATION COMICS #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1

Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-04-2019 at 01:46 PM.

In keeping with my real-life practice, I'll have a pretty light pull-list. Note that some of the proposals that sounded most interesting to me in the "Bullpen" thread apparently haven't gotten their solicits in yet, so I hope my list will grow soon.

BAT-WING #1
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #1
    SENSATION COMICS #0
    SENSATION COMICS #1
    VILLAINS UNITED #0
    VILLAINS UNITED #1

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Budget well spent Rufio!
    Thanks! Honestly, I’m working with my real budget. Like many seem to be. Otherwise, I would have chosen more. D;