View Poll Results: Who's giving this series a chance?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up and take my money DC

3 5.88%
  • I'll give it a shot

26 50.98%
  • I'll see what others say?

11 21.57%
  • FUGINAUT YOU DC.. Your sins will not be rewarded

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Flash Forward... FUGINAUT YOU Poll

OK... I couldn't resist... Who's giving this a chance or who's giving DC a big FUGINAUT YOU?

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 08-07-2019 at 02:05 AM.

It gets one issue to blow me away or I’m dropping it.......like I’ve done with everything else from DC these days.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I just don't care at this point, but I'm not an angry "FUGINAUT YOU DC" (whatever that means) on the matter.

Astonishing Member

I'm giving it a shot but it is completely in spite of my better judgment.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I will wait to hear if it's not just Didios continual crapping on Wally.

I'm not giving DC any of my money after HIC. If the first issue comes out and I hear that its decent I'll pick up on issue by issue basis.

Also it has to acknowledge HIC as little as possible. I know it's the jumping off point unfortunately but more than that I won't buy it.

I refuse to give any credence to that nonsensical dumpster fire.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I will wait to hear if it's not just Didios continual crapping on Wally.
    Given that the book is using characters created by Dan, I think it's pretty clear that he has a lot of creative influence on this book. No way is Lobdell is going to write the character out of the mess from HiC especially if that was Didio's idea too.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Given that the book is using characters created by Dan, I think it's pretty clear that he has a lot of creative influence on this book. No way is Lobdell is going to write the character out of the mess from HiC especially if that was Didio's idea too.
    Then I guess it will be a no for me then.

I'm already not too excited about this being used to push one of Didios lame characters.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"FUGINAUT YOU"... seriously? There's forced and there's Speed Forced
    Sorry. Can't resist either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What we know is King plotted HiC then went to DC asking three characters he can use. "One is guilty, the other two framed" and DC came with Wally, Booster, and Harley. "Those are the three". That's it. They haven't, as far as I know, go any more specific than that.

Oh... my answer is "wait for reviews from both pros and fans"

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I'm buying the regular, the variant and the digital issues, so yeah, I'll definitely give my money to DC and for good reasons, I hope :

- First of all, I want and I need to support my favorite character. I want this book to be a success, I want this book to crush the sales numbers of the other series. Does it mean I will necessarily love it ? Of course not, but it will show, one more time, how much we care about Wally and we can always complain peacefully and respectfully. I'm pretty sure Booth and Lobdell would be okay with these complaints if Wally is trashed once again.

- Speaking of Booth, this guy deserves support too. He clearly loves Wally West and without him, we wouldn't have The Flash/Speed Buggy #1, and it was a really nice story. I trust him and I want to believe he's back for a good reason.

- On the Lobdell topic ... Well ... Everything he said on the recent podcast is fine in my book : Wally is not guilty ? Damn right ! Something/someone else pulled the trigger ? Great ! Wally fighting different threats in the Multiverse ? Perfect ! You're bringing back Linda, Irey, Jai and Chunk ? CHAMPAGNE ! I'll be honest, the simple fact that he doesn't care about HiC and finds it dumb is everything I needed.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Heroes in Crisis and it has been a really depressing year, I've almost stopped reading DC Comics, so I definitely have little faith in what used to be my favorite comic book company but, on the bright side, I see two artists who want to save what can be saved. This is not what we wanted but, at least, this is not a Rise of Arsenal 2.0 or another way to turn Wally into a Superboy Prime-like character, and I'm glad for that.

I know most of you won't support this book and it's fine. It's okay to move on after what DC did, it's okay to give up when a company always finds a way to tell you it doesn't want your money. I just hope it's a first step in the right direction and, rather sooner than later, we will be able to share the same excitement for a Wally West book.

EDIT : Oh and thank you Nelson for this thread.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 08-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.

I want to be hopeful and I want to support Wally, but...there's just so much working against this book, right down to a conceptual level .

I'm pretty indifferent on the whole matter...

Wait and see for me. If it continues to crap on Wally, no.

If it gets some positive buzz I'll try out the first issue and take it from there.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't trust them anymore, so I'll check what say others I've faith in.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I'm taking a wait and see approach. I've been vocal around here about how much I miss the days of hope, family, and legacy at DC. For a short time after Rebirth, it looked as though the tone I love and enjoy was coming back. Then they killed it.

I'll wait for some reviews from people I trust, probably wait until a few issues are out....then maybe give it a shot through comixology. If there's nothing else that looks better that week.

I expect to pass on it completely, or at most give it a single issue. But you never know, it might turn out good. Anything's possible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.