Thread: Will Harper

Default Will Harper

I did like the Roy clone story in the Young Justice animated series and would like to see it adapted into the comics. I have two ideas how to do it.

One has Will created as part of a plot by a group of villains to replace certain heroes with clones. The project is shut down by Amanda Waller working under Checkmate and Will is adopted by Jim Harper who passes him off as Roy's "cousin".

The other has Will be created by Vandal Savage. This origin uses Roy's background as a descendant of Savage. Will is cloned from Roy and enhanced as a metahuman with the purpose of being used as a host for Savage when his body gives out. Scandal Savage helps Will escape and helps him set up a new life until he crosses paths with Roy.

Thoughts? For those who would like to see Will in the comics what are your ideas?

Mighty Member

I like your latter idea.

I like how it is in Young Justice, but I don't think we need a Roy Harper clone like on the show.

Maybe just bring Roy back .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how it is in Young Justice, but I don't think we need a Roy Harper clone like on the show.

Maybe just bring Roy back .
    And Lian. And have the two be a happy family. One of the few things Convergence did right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Lian. And have the two be a happy family. One of the few things Convergence did right.
    The best part of Convergence. Most of the tie-ins were great.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I did like the Roy clone story in the Young Justice animated series and would like to see it adapted into the comics. I have two ideas how to do it.

One has Will created as part of a plot by a group of villains to replace certain heroes with clones. The project is shut down by Amanda Waller working under Checkmate and Will is adopted by Jim Harper who passes him off as Roy's "cousin".

The other has Will be created by Vandal Savage. This origin uses Roy's background as a descendant of Savage. Will is cloned from Roy and enhanced as a metahuman with the purpose of being used as a host for Savage when his body gives out. Scandal Savage helps Will escape and helps him set up a new life until he crosses paths with Roy.

Thoughts? For those who would like to see Will in the comics what are your ideas?
    For those still interested, what powers do you think Will would have? The same as Savage or something different?

Regeneration would make sense. Anyone making a clone would want to avoid what happened to the real Roy happening to the duplicate. Roy once lost an arm.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Both work but im more fond of the latter.