View Poll Results: Who is Iron Man’s archenemy?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mandarin still

25 47.17%
  • Iron Monger

2 3.77%
  • Ezekiel Stane

1 1.89%
  • Madame Masque

2 3.77%
  • Someone else

8 15.09%
  • He has none

14 26.42%
  • His real archnemesis is yet to be revealed

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who is Iron Man’s archenemy now

Sounds like The Mandarin is going to become Shang Chi’s archenemy now so is Iron man’s now officially Iron Monger? That would be cool. It would be great to see iron monger put on the same threat level as magneto or Doctor octopus

At the moment, I think it's Ultron. Bear in mind Tony's current supporting cast includes Jocasta, who is Ultron's daughter (he built her as a bride, but the fact he built her makes him her father) and Janet van Dyne (her adopted daughter Nadia is Ultron's sister, and Janet's brain patterns were used in Jocasta).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It is and always be the Mandarin. Iron Monger has been dead for over 30 years. Ezekiel Stane and Madame Masque were never archenemies. Ultron is the Big Bad at the moment but I won't call him his archenemy

Madame Masque is Kate Bishop's archenemy nowadays. They're actually doppelgangers now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Madame Masque is Kate Bishop's archenemy nowadays. They're actually doppelgangers now.
    Has she told Bishop that she is the greatest enemy she has ever faced and that she is the greatest Hawkeye ever?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nobody has really taken the time to develop a villain and their enmity with Tony enough to replace Mandarin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Iron Man's biggest stories like Civil War and Time Runs Out has him look at Captain America as his Arch Enemy.
    I wouldn't say they're archenemies. They're great friends who ended up in deep ideological conflicts with each other.

I'd say they're more archrivals then anything.
    I don't think she's a serious nemesis for Kate. It's more just kind of light and petty.

(Didn't Kate's mom force her to go back to her old body?)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I think there is a good point to made of Tony Stark's greatest enemy often being himself. Tony Stark has a habit of directly or indirectly helping create problems for himself.
    Isn't that true for every Marvel hero ?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Thanos was MCU Tony’s arch-nemesis.

As for comic, it’s definitely the mandarin, although he needs modernising more these days.
    Bendis and now Slott have really tried to make it Ultron, though.

Always thought Dark Aegis had potential:

At the moment, I think it's Ultron.
    What about Jarvis? Is Jarvis important enough to have his own rogues gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What about Jarvis? Is Jarvis important enough to have his own rogues gallery?
    In the movies JARVIS's rogues would be ULTRON and Thanos with his Black Order. He technically would be against whoever the Avengers are fighting at the current moment.

If you're talking comics the closest villain to an arch was the Mandarin.

In the two cartoon series, they do a good job of making the Mandarin his arch-nemesis, but it hasn't felt like he's had an arch-nemesis for years in the comics.

If you're talking MCU he doesn't have one, plus he's dead now.
    The J-man

His current archenemy is Arno, it's weird that Obidiah has never come back, and only God knows what'll happen with Mandarin.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Arno isn't an arch-villain. Not every hero has an arch-nemesis. A villain has to fulfill certain parameters one o which is being a reoccurring threat.

Joker, Green Goblin, Lex Luthor, etc.
    The J-man

It's still The Mandarin. Doctor Doom gets lots of play in other books, including Iron Man, but Doctor Doom didn't become Iron Man's arch-enemy because of that. Ultimately no other foe has The Mandarin's blend of brilliance, savagery, skill, wealth, and vastness of organization. The only character who can really compete with the Mandarin is Doom, and he's taken.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would still say Mandarin is Tony's arch enemy. Iron Monger has been dead for decades and should stay dead since his death was a fitting send off.

Ezekiel is cool but he is not supposed to be like his father. Fraction intended Zeke to be like a young upstart villain version of Tony. A open source futurist with no allegiance to any nation and a desire to make Stark obsolete.

Ultron will always be the Avengers top foe first and foremost. If there is an individual Avenger who could claim Ultron as an arch enemy then it would probably be his creator Hank Pym.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 08-02-2019 at 04:37 AM.