Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Rattleballs (Adventure Time) vs Screaming Phoenix Killer (Thunderbolt Fantasy)

Standard battle.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is such a niche battle I feel like it was made for me.

Rattleballs has... I think... greater examples of blade speed but he's much less durable than Screaming Phoenix Killer.

I'd need to go back and look at Season 01 of Thunderbolt Fantasy to be sure. I'd... quietly back SPK simply because he's a pretty tough mother and has the sort of generic chi abilities on top of being an excellent swordsman.

Rattleballs DID take several seconds of Susan putting serious effort into breaking him on a day when Susan was leaping cross country and hurling a giant anchor.

She broke him, but it took her a good bit of effort
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-02-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Rattleballs DID take several seconds of Susan putting serious effort into breaking him on a day when Susan was leaping cross country and hurling a giant anchor.

She broke him, but it took her a good bit of effort
    I mean...

No it didn't.

It took like three seconds of her not trying to hard at all for my money. He was powerless throughout the whole scenario and literally exploded from the comparatively minor effort Susan expended.

It took three seconds of her clearly grunting and straining against his body. If someone with her strength did that to like, me, my arms would instantly tear off and my body would probably explode into paste with zero resistance.

Like her face is showing clear strain as we hear the metal of his body creaking. Compare with the total lack of effort she shows when lifting the anchor. It's not TANKING her strength, but it definitely shows his body can take at least SOME of that strain before he'll break. It's showing that her level of strength was actually required for that effect and not just total overkill.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-02-2019 at 08:44 AM.

It took three seconds of her clearly grunting and straining against his body. If someone with her strength did that to like, me, my arms would instantly tear off and my body would probably explode into paste with zero resistance.

Like her face is showing clear strain as we hear the metal of his body creaking. Compare with the total lack of effort she shows when lifting the anchor. It's not TANKING her strength, but it definitely shows his body can take at least SOME of that strain before he'll break.
    I would personally be dubious about making much of a case of significant durability in that he get pulled apart so hard that he exploded in three seconds. It doesn't really strike me as a particularly meaningful feat.

I've been trying to find feats for SPK on youtube because I can't log into my CrunchyRoll account at work and have been unsuccessful.

He got killed by the Bones of Creation who was... an extremely powerful fighter and he was generally portrayed as around Shang Bu Huan's level and, presumably, lower than Enigmatic Gale given how Gale handled Bones of Creation.

He mostly fought mobs that I recall. Though he pretty instantly murdered the hell out of one of the Clam Member dudes who was... like ascended mob level.

I should watch the prequel thing, he's in that right?

I should watch the prequel thing, he's in that right?
    It's really good. I can't think of any MAJOR feats from it, but I haven't seen it in a long time. He fights the guy that Shang wasted in the first episode of season 1 though, which is pretty cool.

I would personally be dubious about making much of a case of significant durability in that he get pulled apart so hard that he exploded in three seconds. It doesn't really strike me as a particularly meaningful feat.
    I mean what I'm saying here ultimately, is that I think the scene is set up in a way that shows us the exact point where his durability gives out to sheer brute force. That is, I don't think someone say, half as strong as Susan is there, could do the same thing to him. If there were other instances showing his durability, I'd probably agree with you, but beyond this, all we really know is that a giant steel press can destroy him.

It's really good. I can't think of any MAJOR feats from it, but I haven't seen it in a long time. He fights the guy that Shang wasted in the first episode of season 1 though, which is pretty cool.
    SPK doesn't have many feats really. :/

I mean what I'm saying here ultimately, is that I think the scene is set up in a way that shows us the exact point where his durability gives out to sheer brute force. That is, I don't think someone say, half as strong as Susan is there, could do the same thing to him. If there were other instances showing his durability, I'd probably agree with you, but beyond this, all we really know is that a giant steel press can destroy him.
    I kind of get it but I'm kind of unsure of how to apply it in this fight.

I don't think he's beyond the ability of SPK to hurt. Heck, I think SPK could likely one shot him through big chi technique stuff.

Rattleballs can be pretty explosive at a distance too, like the first time he showed Finn the Shadowless Thrust (honestly not sure if that was superspeed or air pressure. given that the next time he does it, we actually see him move). Mostly, I don't think either one of them has a clearly decisive advantage over the other, and that it probably comes down to an actually pitched battle where either are trying to create that advantage, like an actual swordfight.

Also I just really wanted to put Rattleballs in a fight because he's cool.

Also I just really wanted to put Rattleballs in a fight because he's cool.
    Kinda depressing they didn't do more with him.

I thought of suggesting Rattleballs vs. Composite Tom Servo, but poor Tom really doesn't have anything significant in the way of feats, plus he's a statue compared to Rattleballs.