Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    We really needed Bergwin to finish last night. Missed so many good chances.
    I agree. That one of the post should have went in.

Manchester U/Sheffield United highlights. It is expected that Man United should win this won. It has left me conflicted about Pogba though. He is so good at long passes, if only United had a good CB pairing and a quality CDM. (Which reminds me. What is with Maguire's positioning on that first goal...he should have been out much wider before taking that pass, anyways...)

Extraordinary Member

There is hope for Sheffield United, I think. Not much, mind.

Mighty Member

I hope Sheffield United can stay in. It would be a shame to see them regulated after last year's performance...but who would have thought that one player could make such a difference. (Dean Henderson)

Today's highlights for anyone in Canada and beyond who can view them. Liverpool smashing Crystal Palace's defense to pieces.

I would really love to see Liverpool vs Bayern Munich for the champions cup this year. That would be quite the match, though a Paris St. Germain rematch or, Man City would be entertaining to.

Mighty Member

Manchester 6 Leeds 2

Manchester United now sits in 3rd place with one game in hand, Hurrah! In a game that was really tailor made for Man U's counter attacking style. Leeds...did not look good.

Player reports, I suppose I paid enough attention to the game. (Superb, Great, Good, Average, Fair, Poor)

GK- De Gea = Good/Great - Made some great saves, he's back on top of his game.

RB- Wan Bissaka - Fair - Something's not right with him, I don't know if he's facing burn out, playing through an injury, or maybe having to add extra coverage for Lindelof, but his form has been well off for a while now.

CB -Lindelof - Average/good - He scored a goal, and looked much, much better than he did against Sheffield on Thursday.

CB- Maguire - Average/Fair - I'm starting to get worried about how often he is used. Since he's come to United, I can only think of 1 game he actually hasn't played.

LF- Luke Shaw - Good - Guys a rock

MF -Fred - Good/Great - Excellent work ethic, if only his first touches were better the CDM role would be solved.

MF - McTominay - Superb - 2 goals in 5 minutes, plus setting up another or 2, it was the Scotsman's night

AMF - Fernandez - Superb - World class player

LW - Rashford - Fair/Good - Didn't score but was always a threat

RW - Daniel James - Good - He should have been sold to Leeds at the beginning of the year to raise the funds for Sancho, but apparently Ed Woodward vetoed that decision. My only surprise is that Ed Woodward didn't sign him to a luxurious 3 to 5 year contract to make him unsellable like he does with every other player, (Phil Jones/Matic ect) The Woodward specialty.

CF - Marital - Fair - Martial does all the little things really good (defensive checking, little passes, making runs) but he hasn't been able to do this year what a number 9 is supposed to do, SCORE goals!!! I think it's a confidence issue at the moment...give him time and it will come.

The real test is next Saturday, will United be able to break down Leicester's defense and keep Madison and Vardy at bay?

Extraordinary Member

Hope we smash Stoke tonight.

Extraordinary Member

Great win last night. Whilst I understand Dele doesn't like being criticised he needs to take it on.

Mighty Member

and you drew Brentford for the semifinals (Lucky)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    and you drew Brentford for the semifinals (Lucky)
    On paper it is but, we are Spurs. I'd feel more confident if we draw Pep's Barcelona aha.

Mighty Member

Manchester United 2 Leicester 2

A disappointing draw, a win could have put United in 2nd, but the draw keep them in the top 4. Still back Oli but...I can't recall a manager who has changed the formation so much, it has to effect player consistency.

GK - De Gea - Average - I'm not so sure he could have saved either goal

LB - Lindelof - Fair - He looked uncomfortable playing left back...to many formation changes on this team, not a fan of three at the back.
    CB - Eric Bailly - Fair - He should have checked Verdy on the second goal....outside of that I actually thought he was pretty good for someone who has played in a while. He fed Cavani the ball that resulted in a goal, and defensively he was quickly up and down the pitch.

RB- Harry Maguire - Fair/Poor - It's not his fault...but he looks dead out there. Oli overplays his players and Maguire plays every game. He plays every game! He plays Champions games, eufa games, FA cup games, Carabao cup games. If Manchester United's little league needs a call up I'm sure they will use Maguire.

MF/LB - Luke Shaw - Fair/Average - Though I concede the ball got past him which helped set up Leicester goals, overall I think he's Manchester United's best defensive player, and he was essentially playing up field this game.

MF- Fred - Good/Great - He is under rated.

MF- Scott McTominay - Fair - I do not understand why Oli is sitting out a newly purchased $50 million young Dutch star for McTominay. I realize I'm just a fan, but he must see something that I do not.

MF- Daniel James - Fair/Poor - Woodward should have cleared his sale to Leeds this fall, he's a perfect match for that team, but everyone knows United's problems stem from the board.

AMF - Bruno Fernandes - Good - He had a defensive lap that helped concede a goal, but the reality is...Bruno Fernandez is Manchester United...if he gets injured, United can kiss top 4 goodbye.

CF - Marcus Rashford - Good - Missed the header, but headers are harder than people think, Peter Schmeichel made a great save off of Rashford's second failed attempt, but at the end of the day Rashford put the ball in the net.

CF - Anthony Martial - Fair/poor - You can't play 2 upfront with Martial as one of the forwards, he just doesn't have the natural goal scoring ability. Three up front that gives him more space and he's good, but otherwise it should be (Rashford/Cavani)

I really hope I'm proven wrong on Martial and that he finds his mojo, as United have more pressing matters than a number 9 in the transfer window. A Dybala/Pogba swap would be horrible, so fingers crossed for Martial.

Subs

Pogba/Tuanzebe - didn't contribute a whole lot

Cavani - Only seconds before he's on the pitch and he sets up a major goal. Yes he's 33, but if he can stay fit, he should be starting every game! The Ecudorian is natural born talent.

Mighty Member

Arsenal/Chelsea highlights...I think everyone feels sorry for Arsenal at this point, so I am glad Arteta pulled out the win, though I question the ownerships judgment in giving the job to someone who doesn't have a resume of coaching his own team before.

There is a bizarre trend in sports right now. to hand over the mangerial keys over to former star players who don't have a lot of experience in coaching. (Oli, Lampard, Arteta, and last but not least Zinedine Zidane)

Did anyone at Real Madrid ever think for a moment, that the guy who lost France a second world cup because he couldn't resist head butting a player, might not have the right temperament to be their manager? Of all the names above, I will be surprised if any of them are still there in the two/three years from now.

Extraordinary Member

Being a Spurs fan is no fun.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 12-28-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Being a Spurs fan is no fun.
    Drawing against Wolves isn't a bad thing, you have to have a pretty stacked roster to break down their defensive wall when they sit back.

It took United pretty much the whole game to win, and the score might have been different if they had Raul Jimenez.

Man U 1 - Wolves 0 United now sit in second place in the Premier League with a game in hand.

David De Gea was great, brilliant long bomb from Fernandez to Rashford for the goal. The three most important players on the team listed right there.

Maguire was in good form, but United need an attacking right back to help break down teams who play deep (Wolves, Crystal Palace ect) Villa on Friday.

Extraordinary Member

Newcastle played really well last night.

Mighty Member

Manchester United 2 Aston Villa 1

United now sit at the top of the league with Liverpool separated only by goals for and against....I don't expect them to stay there, they are still about 4/5 transfers away from being a super team but you never know.

Good to see Wan Bissaka going forward and Martial scoring. A striker isn't the first transfer priority for united so we need Martial to get his mojo back.
    De Gea is in top form, Fernandez is United, and it looks like United have found a good temporary center back pairing with Bailley...hopefully he can stay fit.

Finally, Pogba played great, but it's to bad he's poisoned the well with his goofball of an agent. We all know who Solksajaer wants...and it is who I want on the team. (alongside Sancho on the right)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...otted-19551784

Probably the last video I post for a while, as I'm on here a lot less as my pull list dwindles, that and I only follow United, I only have time to follow the one team these days.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Been a long, long time since I've posted on the forums but at least Liverpool got a much needed confidence boosting win last night at RB Leipzig. Liverpool ain't going to retain but hopefully we can improve our league form from now till the end of the season and make sure we're in the Champions League again next season.