Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Oh boy it will be a hard season for us. We need a back-up for Kane!
    Someone needs to take a crowbar to prise open Levy's wallet.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Someone needs to take a crowbar to prise open Levy's wallet.
    If today's performance is a tell tale sign of the future...I don't see Mourinho lasting long, or Tottenham making the top 6.

The team has been used to playing fast paced attacking football under Pochenttino, and now they have to play an outdated defensive style under Mourinho.

Levy's wallet is a bit too thin to retain Tottenham's longevity in the 4, Pochettino saw the writing on the wall and left, the teams peaked.

Extraordinary Member

I'm also not happy with how Mourinho resorted to the usual blame game afterwards. Also, why wasn't Berjgwin starting?

Mighty Member

I know, he did that at Manchester United to, and wasn't shy about throwing his players under the bus.

I'll give it a few games to see what happens at Tottenham, looks like you might be getting a solid left back from Real Madrid. That should help out somewhat.

Mighty Member

Well Tottenham just got a boost. If Gareth Bale can stay injury free, I think he could happily play out his twilight years at the club if he can stay fit. The question is? Does he still have the pace for the premier league?

Left back Regulion looks like he's part of the Tottenham package as well.

Anyways I'm glad United didn't go for that deal. Sancho or bust!

Mighty Member

Why does it take Manchester United so looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg to get transfers done. Starting to get nervous about the Sancho deal, it's taking up the whole summer transfer window.

Get it done, and I'm happy, worry about defense another day, don't get it done...words can't express how incompetent it will look after getting everyone's hopes up.

Mighty Member

Manchester United 1 Crystal Palace 3 Synopsis

I may regret my statement on worrying about defense later, Victor Lindelof was abysmal today and lost Man U the game.

All Crystal Palace have to do (Which they do all the time to survive) is score the first goal, and than build an impenetrable wall.

GK - David De Gea - shaky
    CB- Victor Lindelof - Horrible, he cost United the game, there is something wrong going on with him
    CB- Harry Maguire - Average
    RB- Fosu Mensah - Good - I thought he did well for a relative newbie, put in some nice crosses
    LB - Luke Shaw - Average/poor - Good going forward, not so good on defense
    CDM Scott McTominay - Poor (Fred is a much better CDM bench player, McTominay should be a bench player to replace Pogba. You could see Crystal Palace targeting him)
    MF - Paul Pogba - Good - I thought he was good, I don't understand why he was pulled instead of McTominay
    AMF- Bruno Fernandez - Poor - Off his game
    LF - Marcus Rashford - Horrible - non existent/made bad passes
    CF - Anthony Martial - Average
    RW - Daniel James - Poor (Not good enough for United, why play a speed player when he's going to run into a brick wall?)

RW- Mason Greenwood - Average
    MF - Van De Beek - Good - the bright spot of the game.

Mighty Member

Abysmal

The first goal Lindelof is outstripped and Shaw doesn't get back in time.

Second goal Lindelof getting outworked again, goes off the arm, bs VAR call on De Gea

Third goal Lindelof...well its pretty obvious. Something is up with him, he's usually pretty solid.

Mighty Member

Good day for Son, four goals!

Extraordinary Member

Levy is opening his wallet!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Levy is opening his wallet!
    That he is, sigh... if only United would do the same.

Extraordinary Member

The EFL refusing to pay for COVID testing is a disgrace.

Mighty Member

Manchester United 3 Brighton 2 in a game Manchester United did not deserve to win, against a team that will most likely be facing relegation this year. Brighton hit the woodwork 3 times, any other team with decent forwards would have buried Man U. Once again Man U's defensive line looked really shaky.

GK - David De Gea - Average

RB - Wan Bissaka - Very Poor (He looked awful both going forward and on defense. He was beaten several times by his opponent, and provided nothing going forward. He looks burnt out from last season)

CB - Victor Lindelof - Poor - Much better form than last week, but still looks a bit shaky

CB - Harry Maguire - Poor/average- Scored a goal which is good, but was beaten badly by an opponent almost resulting in penalty shot

LB - Luke Shaw - Fair - Good going forward, but once again not so good on defense.

DMF - Nemanja Matic - Good (The most underrated United player. When he is on the pitch the ball just keeps motoring along. I only wish he was younger)

MF - Paul Pogba - Very Poor (Despite starting the pass for the offside goal, he was awful. I'm worried COVID has damaged his endurance. Not going to be able to sell him for Erling Haaland if he keeps playing like that.

AMF- Bruno Fernandez - Very Good (Despite conceding the penalty shot, and looking fatigued, he set up two of the goals and scored the other)

LW - Marcus Rashford - Very Good (I don't care about the Carabao Cup, so I didn't watch the game against Luton, but the goal today shows that Rashford is back on his game.

CF - CF - Anthony Martial - Average (He's okay, but he's just not a game changer like Vardy, Aubameyang, or Kane, United need that killer striker, he's almost better off the wing)

LW - Mason Greenwood - Average

I don't understand why Fred was substituted for Pogba, he should be Matic's sub, when your defense is that shaky you shouldn't be taking away your offensive power. Once again Solskjaer was out coached.

After 25 years of absence from the UEFA Champions League, Ferencvárosi TC (the team I used to follow in my youth), finally qualified again.
    It's been over 30 years since I gave up on all Clubs, and anything that had to do with Club games, International or otherwise. (I don't even think back then they played in Groups at any stage of UEFA, so I'm completely new to the format).

Anyway, since I lost interest in them (only followed the Hungarian national team, and let's be frank, there wasn't much to follow there either), I heard Ferencváros were even demoted to the second league. It was only last year (through Facebook feeds) that I got reminded they still exist. My knowledge only extends to what I see on Facebook, but man, did that work out well for them. Last season they became home Champions and now they qualified to the Group stages in Champions League, no doubt no small thanks to my rekindled interest.

Yesterday UEFA announced their opponents as well.
    I have to say, my biggest fear is Dinamo Kiev. The man currently in charge of FTC is Serhiy Rebrov, once himself a player of Dinamo Kiev. Naturally, I'm worried where his loyalty lies.
    The other two teams in the group are Juventus and Barcelona, and since I never heard of those clowns, I think we'll be OK.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Mighty Member

Sigh, after following Manchester United for decades, I am saddened to say that I will most likely be walking away from the club if they fail to sign Jadon Sancho.

I love United, but I can no longer watch Ed Woodward run it into the ground.

Woodward has zero football experience, and clearly no idea what he is doing.

He continually signs players to lucrative contracts which makes them impossible to offload or sell once they've past their peak or flopped, he'd be better off as a player agent.

I can't bear to watch this once great club be run into the ground, no Sancho and say la vey United