Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

John Ossie! How are you doing? Long time no see. Liverpool are having a bit of a shocker this season! Injuries haven't been kind though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'll admit I'm a novice when it comes to the EPL, but, good grief, is Man City going to run the freaking table?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    John Ossie! How are you doing? Long time no see. Liverpool are having a bit of a shocker this season! Injuries haven't been kind though.
    Doing fine thanks, been extra busy thanks to Covid but doing ok otherwise. As for Liverpool, yeah the injuries have been a bloody nightmare. Should've replaced Lovren earlier as Gomez/Matip are to injury prone for when Van Dijk is out (for pretty much the season by the looks of it). We will need to freshen the squad up a bit but nothing TOO drastic but freshening up nonetheless. I'm writing this season of personally. Fingers crossed we can qualify for Europa League as I'd be surprised if we finished in top 4 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'll admit I'm a novice when it comes to the EPL, but, good grief, is Man City going to run the freaking table?
    Yeah, it's City's year again unfortunately.

Other than the EPL though I think Rangers have a chance to confirm their first league title in years tonight if they avoid defeat at St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Doing fine thanks, been extra busy thanks to Covid but doing ok otherwise. As for Liverpool, yeah the injuries have been a bloody nightmare. Should've replaced Lovren earlier as Gomez/Matip are to injury prone for when Van Dijk is out (for pretty much the season by the looks of it). We will need to freshen the squad up a bit but nothing TOO drastic but freshening up nonetheless. I'm writing this season of personally. Fingers crossed we can qualify for Europa League as I'd be surprised if we finished in top 4 this season.

Yeah, it's City's year again unfortunately.

Other than the EPL though I think Rangers have a chance to confirm their first league title in years tonight if they avoid defeat at St Johnstone.
    Glad to hear you're ok. If Liverpool don't make the top 4 there's the silm chance of making the Champions League next season by winning it again this season. Although I think Man City might finally win it this year. If they keep their huge lead in the Premier League going, they can afford to rest players in the league for the Champions League matches. City or Bayern again I reckon this season.

Glad to hear you're ok. If Liverpool don't make the top 4 there's the slim chance of making the Champions League next season by winning it again this season. Although I think Man City might finally win it this year. If they keep their huge lead in the Premier League going, they can afford to rest players in the league for the Champions League matches. City or Bayern again I reckon this season.
    I'm leaning towards Bayern if not Liverpool this year for Champion's League but I'm not expecting much from Liverpool in the Champion's League this season due to all the injuries, mind you we did have lots of injuries in 2005 and managed to win it so...But this year's been....Different...to say the least.

How do you fancy Swansea's chances for rest of the season Fluffy?

I'm leaning towards Bayern if not Liverpool this year for Champion's League but I'm not expecting much from Liverpool in the Champion's League this season due to all the injuries, mind you we did have lots of injuries in 2005 and managed to win it so...But this year's been....Different...to say the least.

How do you fancy Swansea's chances for rest of the season Fluffy?
    We're still in the race for the top 2 with games in hand but our performances have gone backwards lately and we've dropped points that earlier in the season we most likely wouldn't have dropped. I think the squad is tired and needs more rotation but Cooper doesn't seem to be rotating enough. It doesn't help with Cardiff absolutely flying at the moment and gaining on us, as well as Reading still doing well. I think play offs at best for us.

We're still in the race for the top 2 with games in hand but our performances have gone backwards lately and we've dropped points that earlier in the season we most likely wouldn't have dropped. I think the squad is tired and needs more rotation but Cooper doesn't seem to be rotating enough. It doesn't help with Cardiff absolutely flying at the moment and gaining on us, as well as Reading still doing well. I think play offs at best for us.
    Playoffs would be a good season for you at least (great if you get promoted via it). Fingers crossed for your team between now and the end of the season. Least this season hasn't been stopped/started this season like last year's was.

Extraordinary Member

Good news for Ipswich fans (if there are any here) as they have finally got rid of Paul 'dour' Lambert.

Playoffs would be a good season for you at least (great if you get promoted via it). Fingers crossed for your team between now and the end of the season. Least this season hasn't been stopped/started this season like last year's was.
    I'm gutted the non league has stopped. I was going to Stafford Rangers every week through September and October and they haven't played a game since. I can't wait to get back on the terraces.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Good news for Ipswich fans (if there are any here) as they have finally got rid of Paul 'dour' Lambert.
    Lambert is still living off that Champions League win with Dortmund in the 90s lol. He's not done anything special in management since he was at Norwich.

Extraordinary Member

I'm gutted the non league has stopped. I was going to Stafford Rangers every week through September and October and they haven't played a game since. I can't wait to get back on the terraces.

Lambert is still living off that Champions League win with Dortmund in the 90s lol. He's not done anything special in management since he was at Norwich.
    I literally read an Athletic article this morning where it mentioned that players were getting frustrated by his tendency to walk into the room and say "I've played for Celtic and Dortmund". What a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Kinda surprised he lasted as long as he did tbh.

Hopefully Stafford will be able to get up and running again in August. As for Lambert, I could've sworn he got promoted with Colchester but when I checked his Wikipedia page he didn't lol. Mind you he probably got the Norwich job cos his Colchester team absolutely smashed Norwich (I remember Colchester smashing Norwich and then he was appointed their manager lol)

Also, Rangers fans will be rooting for Dundee Utd tomorrow because if they can avoid defeat to Celtic than Rangers WILL be crowned champions for the first time in like a decade.

And I see Swansea won 2-1 today against Middlesbrough which is a decent result and with the bonus of Warnock being a former Cardiff manager as well eh Fluffy?

Also, Rangers fans will be rooting for Dundee Utd tomorrow because if they can avoid defeat to Celtic than Rangers WILL be crowned champions for the first time in like a decade.

And I see Swansea won 2-1 today against Middlesbrough which is a decent result and with the bonus of Warnock being a former Cardiff manager as well eh Fluffy?
    We got a bit of a jammy win yesterday! All worth it to annoy Warnock though lol. He was fuming.

Can't believe Liverpool lost at home again today! Anfield was a fortress last season but it's gone completely the other way now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Man City's win streak was snapped at the Etihad by Man United 2-0 today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!