Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

SWANSEA ARE IN THE PLAY OFFS!!!!!! What a night of football!!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Intermediary

good for Swansea

Leeds is coming up so that should be interesting

excited for the first Liverpool vs Leeds match

Mighty Member

So happy for them! Great club, great history.

Mighty Member

Top 3 Premier Goalkeepers of the 2019/20 season

1) Ederson (Manchester City) I think Alisson is the best but I will defer to the golden glove award.

2) Allison (Liverpool)

3) Dean Henderson (Sheffield United) - Before the lockdown Sheffield were up there in the lead for the lowest goals against average, and he was a big part of it.

Honourable mentions - Nick Pope kept Burnley in the top 10. Schmeichel was having a great year until Leicester fell apart with injuries in July. Two games per week were hard on clubs without loads of revenue. Finally, David De Gea did well but was a bit too shaky this year.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I thought Nick Pope was the Golden Glove winner since he was the only one ahead of Alisson at the time Liverpool were playing Burnley? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhow, needless to say I'm chuffed that Liverpool finally won the League, they'd best not make me wait another 30 years LOL. And, yeah, I'll be interested to see how Leeds get on next season I have kinda missed seeing us play them in the last couple of years for some reason.

F.A. Cup Final tomorrow, I'm leaning towards Chelsea on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I think you would find that a large majority of the Void the season folks would be coming from fans of both Manchester clubs, so I don't think it's an anti northern thing. To my knowledge London was also hit the hardest from COVID19 and that probably had a lot to do with the void calls as well.

Personally I think it is silly to wish the season to be voided just because one doesn't want Liverpool to be crowned the champions. They worked for it, and they deserve it.
    Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham were calling for it as well at one point or another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I thought Nick Pope was the Golden Glove winner since he was the only one ahead of Alisson at the time Liverpool were playing Burnley? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhow, needless to say I'm chuffed that Liverpool finally won the League, they'd best not make me wait another 30 years LOL. And, yeah, I'll be interested to see how Leeds get on next season I have kinda missed seeing us play them in the last couple of years for some reason.

F.A. Cup Final tomorrow, I'm leaning towards Chelsea on that one.
    Ederson won it, but I probably should have put Pope in my top three considering Burnley's a middle table club. Clean sheets to me doesn't necessarily translate to the best goalkeeper, as it's often a sign of a great center back pairing, and I think Liverpool sort of nodded off once they one the Premier League.

I personally think Allison is the best goalkeeper in the league, and Dean Henderson was spectacular all year long, I think the pressure to get into the top 6 and playing every two weeks did Sheffield United in.

Enjoy the F.A. cup, I shall cheer for the underdogs.

Mighty Member

Let's do defense.

Center Backs

1) Virgil Van Dyke (Liverpool) (No brainer, the best center back in the world let alone the Premier League)
    2) Djibril Sidibé (Everton)
    3) Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Honourable mention Harry Maguire

Left Backs

1) Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) (Arguably the best in the world)
    2) Ben Chilwell (Leicester) (Wouldn't be surprised if he's Chelsea bound)
    3) 3) Lucas Digne (Everton)

Right Backs

1) Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool) Bar none the best in the world at his position right now
    2) Ricardo Pereira (Leicester)
    2) Aaron Wan Bissaka (Manchester United)

Ederson won it, but I probably should have put Pope in my top three considering Burnley's a middle table club. Clean sheets to me doesn't necessarily translate to the best goalkeeper, as it's often a sign of a great center back pairing, and I think Liverpool sort of nodded off once they one the Premier League.

I personally think Allison is the best goalkeeper in the league, and Dean Henderson was spectacular all year long, I think the pressure to get into the top 6 and playing every two weeks did Sheffield United in.

Enjoy the F.A. cup, I shall cheer for the underdogs.
    Well, I may be a tad biased here but I think Allisson is the best keeper as well. If we take him out of the equation than my personal top three keepers in the league right now are 1. Nick Pope, 2. Dean Henderson, 3. Kasper Schmeichel (despite his absolute howler on the last day)

Let's do defense.

Center Backs

1) Virgil Van Dyke (Liverpool) (No brainer, the best center back in the world let alone the Premier League)
    2) Djibril Sidibé (Everton)
    3) Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Honourable mention Harry Maguire

Left Backs

1) Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) (Arguably the best in the world)
    2) Ben Chilwell (Leicester) (Wouldn't be surprised if he's Chelsea bound)
    3) 3) Lucas Digne (Everton)

Right Backs

1) Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool) Bar none the best in the world at his position right now
    2) Ricardo Pereira (Leicester)
    2) Aaron Wan Bissaka (Manchester United)
    Centre Backs

Well, my top two would Virgil Van Dyke and Joe Gomez but if we take them out of the equation (since I'm always biased in favour Liverpool) then my top three centre backs are Harry Maguire (despite being a Man Utd player lol), Cezar Azpilicueta from Chelsea and Tarkowski (Can't think of his first name but he plays for Burnley)

Left Backs

Andrew Robertson would naturally be my number one pick but since I'm trying to be fair by picking non*********** players my top three will be

1. Ben Chilwell - Leicester
    2. Lucas Digne - Everton
    3. Danny Rose - Newcastle (I think he plays there now)

Right Backs

Outside of Trent Alexander Arnold my list is

1. Aaron Wan Bissaka - Man Utd
    2. Ricardo Pereira - Leicester
    3. Kyle Walker - Man City

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, I may be a tad biased here but I think Allisson is the best keeper as well. If we take him out of the equation than my personal top three keepers in the league right now are 1. Nick Pope, 2. Dean Henderson, 3. Kasper Schmeichel (despite his absolute howler on the last day)

Centre Backs

Well, my top two would Virgil Van Dyke and Joe Gomez but if we take them out of the equation (since I'm always biased in favour Liverpool) then my top three centre backs are Harry Maguire (despite being a Man Utd player lol), Cezar Azpilicueta from Chelsea and Tarkowski (Can't think of his first name but he plays for Burnley)

Left Backs

Andrew Robertson would naturally be my number one pick but since I'm trying to be fair by picking non*********** players my top three will be

1. Ben Chilwell - Leicester
    2. Lucas Digne - Everton
    3. Danny Rose - Newcastle (I think he plays there now)

Right Backs

Outside of Trent Alexander Arnold my list is

1. Aaron Wan Bissaka - Man Utd
    2. Ricardo Pereira - Leicester
    3. Kyle Walker - Man City
    I was going to put Harry Maguire down to, but I think Solskjaer over played him, and weighed him down with a captaincy. I actually found Victor Lindelof to often be the better center back this year, unfortunately Maguire needs a partner with a little more pace.

I love Aaron Wan Bissaka, defensively he made life a nightmare for wingers like Raheem Sterling this year, but he needs to work on going forward, I am so envious of Robertson and Arnold, Kevin De Bruyne aside, the two of them have more assists that all the other forwards and attacking midfielders in the league.

If Liverpool's your team, than by all means vote Liverpool I'm a United fan but...

Best goalkeeper -Allison (Liverpool)
    Best Center back - Van Dyke (Liverpool)
    Best right back - Trent Arnold (Liverpool)
    Best left back - Robertson (Liverpool)

Liverpool is a defensive power house, which is why they're the best team in Europe.

Mighty Member

Allright midfield time...Defensive & box to box are always a bit difficult for me, but I'll give it a whirl, attacking midfielders are easy.

Best Defensive midfielders this year:

1) Fabinho (Liverpool)
    2) Wilfried Ndidi (Leicester)
    3) Eric Dier (Tottenham)

Honourable mentions, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, N’Golo Kante, Declan Rice, & Nemanja Matic

Box to Box Midfielders

1) Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
    2) Youri Tielsman (Leicester)
    3) Paul Pogba (Manchester United) I know he was injured throughout the season, but he is could be the best in the world at his position if he shows consistency.

Attacking Midfielders

1) Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) The best attacking midfielder in the world
    2) Bruno Fernandez (Manchester United) Check out his stats in short amount of time he’s arrived
    3) Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) (At present I think he’s better than Maddison, but that could most definitely change)

Honourable mentions, James Maddison, David Silva and Deli Ali

You know that Manchester City squad is getting pretty long in the tooth

Well I was disappointed to see Swansea lose in the playoffs to Brentford but I'm so happy Fulham beat them in the final. It was great to see the Brentford manager lose with all his smugness and arrogance.

Mighty Member

Best Forwards of the year

Left Wingers

1) Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
    2) Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
    3) Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)

Honourable mentions, Son Hueng Min & Christain Pulisic

Right Wingers

1) Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
    2) Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
    3) Bernardo Silva (Manchester City) (often on the wing)

Willian, Mason Greenwood

Striker/Center Forwards

1) Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
    2) Danny Ings (Southampton)
    3) Pierre- Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)

Honourable mentions Harry Kane, Raul Jimenez, Anthony Martial

Allright, I'll see where I am at one year from now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    SWANSEA ARE IN THE PLAY OFFS!!!!!! What a night of football!!
    I was about to congratulate you when I realised it is over!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I was about to congratulate you when I realised it is over!
    I was disappointed but just to finish the season where we did was good. We've had a decent start to the window as well signing Woodman on loan again and signing Korey Smith on a free. We seem to have a few more bids going in and possible transfers lined up, so quite positive at the moment.

The first round of the League Cup was drawn today and Swansea got drawn against Newport away! A South Wales derby and it'll be behind closed doors. Typical.