Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I keep seeing rumours that we are looking to sell N'Dombele.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've heard a rumour today that we're interested in Napoli's Koulibaly, which if true I wouldn't complain about having him play for us based on his performance against Liverpool in the Premier League (don't follow Serie A so I don't know if he's consistently good lol) Also, apparently we're really interested in Werner.

Nothing else to add at the moment really...

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I keep seeing rumours that we are looking to sell N'Dombele.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've heard a rumour today that we're interested in Napoli's Koulibaly, which if true I wouldn't complain about having him play for us based on his performance against Liverpool in the Premier League (don't follow Serie A so I don't know if he's consistently good lol) Also, apparently we're really interested in Werner.

I think that's often a problem with football. When there's no actual news to report then the rumour mill fires up. Lockdown or not, those newspapers still need to shift copies. These could all possibly happen but I wouldn't take too much notice of them just yet.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Mighty Member

I have heard that rumour as well. Koulibaly is also being linked to Tottenham, as apparently Mourinho is quite the fan. I think he would be a good addition to Liverpool, as I understand Gomez is quite young, and he is cited as one of the best center backs in Europe, so...

Liverpool is also consistently linked with Timo Verner, if he comes to the premier league your team is probably the front runner, he'll score more goals than Firmino. I would like United to get him, but they seem all in for Sancho, and will probably prefer to try to get Haaland in a year or two.

but I think it's a valid point with selling newspapers. The UK I believe is just behind the US in being the world's top hot spot for the pandemic sadly, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Premier League for awhile, and no revenue means no transfers.

As far as the transfer rumours are concerned only time will tell if the players actually make the moves at some point. Also, hello The no face guy.

Mighty Member

As far as the transfer rumours are concerned only time will tell if the players actually make the moves at some point. Also, hello The no face guy.
    Why thank you. I'm a Canadian, but like most Canadians of British heritage we follow the Premier League over here, (as the MLS is minor league) in comparison to Europe's big four.

As there is no football, in my COVID lockdown boredom, I drafted my ultimate premier team ...

Goalkeeper: Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
    Left Back: Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) Center Back: Virgil Van Dyke (Liverpool) Center Back: err... Harry Maguire? (Man U) Right back: Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool)

Defensive Midfielder: N'Golo Kante (Chelsea), Attacking midfielder, Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) & James Madison (Leicester City)
    Left Wing: Heung Min Son (Tottenham), Center Forward/striker: Harry Kane (Tottenham) Right Wing: Mohammad Salah (Liverpool)

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Why thank you. I'm a Canadian, but like most Canadians of British heritage we follow the Premier League over here, (as the MLS is minor league) in comparison to Europe's big four.

As there is no football, in my COVID lockdown boredom, I drafted my ultimate premier team ...

Goalkeeper: Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
    Left Back: Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) Center Back: Virgil Van Dyke (Liverpool) Center Back: err... Harry Maguire? (Man U) Right back: Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool)

Defensive Midfielder: N'Golo Kante (Chelsea), Attacking midfielder, Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) & James Madison (Leicester City)
    Left Wing: Heung Min Son (Tottenham), Center Forward/striker: Harry Kane (Tottenham) Right Wing: Mohammad Salah (Liverpool)
    Good team there. I'll have to think of my draft one. I'll try not to be too biased in picking too many Liverpool players LOL.

Mighty Member

Good team there. I'll have to think of my draft one. I'll try not to be too biased in picking too many Liverpool players LOL.
    Thanks, and by all means pick as many Liverpool players as you like. As a Canadian, I'm sort of divorced from the whole United vs Liverpool rivalry. I just love football for the football, and right now Liverpool is the bar none the best team in the premier league, if not Europe.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Delighted to announce a return to football, of sorts. The German Bundesliga returns at weekend. For people that can only watch English football and it's clubs and don't like 'all that foreign muck' then that will be of little interest, to anyone else something to look forward to this weekend. Of all games it's the Revierderby between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke to kick thing off. That's one of the biggest derbies in the German footballing calender.

It's a start if nothing else.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Extraordinary Member

Millwall has proposed that the promoted teams in the championship pay for all Covid testing. Is it just me who is disappointed that the Premier League hasn't shown some decency and helped out?

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Thanks, and by all means pick as many Liverpool players as you like. As a Canadian, I'm sort of divorced from the whole United vs Liverpool rivalry. I just love football for the football, and right now Liverpool is the bar none the best team in the premier league, if not Europe.
    Here's my team (finally LOL) GK: Alisson Becker (Liverpool), RB: Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) CBS: VAN Dijk (Liverpool), Maguire (Manchester United), LB: Robertson (Liverpool), Midfield: Fabinho (Liverpool), Henderson (Liverpool), De Bruyne (Manchester City), F: Aguero (Manchester City), Mane (Liverpool), Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)

Pretty much the same as yours but there it is.

So the Premiership is back from the 17th June. The Championship COULD be back from the 20th June and League One and Two will make a decision on the 8th June. I really hope all 4 leagues complete their fixtures, as strange as it will be behind closed doors. At least we'll be getting 25 matches on free-to-air TV from the Premiership.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    So the Premiership is back from the 17th June. The Championship COULD be back from the 20th June and League One and Two will make a decision on the 8th June. I really hope all 4 leagues complete their fixtures, as strange as it will be behind closed doors. At least we'll be getting 25 matches on free-to-air TV from the Premiership.
    And some on the BBC. I wish there were more free games but hey....

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    And some on the BBC. I wish there were more free games but hey....
    I'm sure I read that the BBC haven't shown a top division game live on TV since the 87-88 season. Mad how we needed a pandemic for the BBC to get it back.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm sure I read that the BBC haven't shown a top division game live on TV since the 87-88 season. Mad how we needed a pandemic for the BBC to get it back.
    I'm really surprised BBC doesn't show more football.