Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Also if they do get banned from Europe, Pep will be out of there and off to PSG or Juve most likely.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Good point, less stress and competition for him in the French league, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for PSG.

Extraordinary Member

Che Adams I salute you!

Intermediary

its weird, or expected

I started watching soccer seriously in the late 90s/early 00s - as I was stationed in Japan and the base got Sky Sports

became a Liverpool supporter in 2001-02ish and would always hear about the glory years and so on

when COVID shut everyone down, the first words out of a lot of other teams supporters were VOID THE SEASON, VOID THE SEASON

there just seems to be this anti northern England bias, looking at it from an American perspective

Mighty Member

I think you would find that a large majority of the Void the season folks would be coming from fans of both Manchester clubs, so I don't think it's an anti northern thing. To my knowledge London was also hit the hardest from COVID19 and that probably had a lot to do with the void calls as well.

Personally I think it is silly to wish the season to be voided just because one doesn't want Liverpool to be crowned the champions. They worked for it, and they deserve it.

Extraordinary Member

They can void it now so I do not have to put up with watching Spurs any longer!

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    They can void it now so I do not have to put up with watching Spurs any longer!
    I have a few friends that are Spurs folks and I think they would agree with you

Mighty Member

Well I guess we'll just have to see how they do tomorrow. Honestly though, I think Mourhino is just going to end up managing their decline, as sadly Daniel Levy doesn't have the purse strings to compete long term as a top 4 club.

If Harry Kane wants to win some notable silverware he is going to have to leave. If he stays in the Premier League I think playing alongside Salah and Mane in Liverpool would be ideal, or with Aguero looking like he's done, he would terrorize clubs getting service from De Bruyne if Man City if don't get a two year ban.

The question is where would Son go? Not many of the top teams need a left winger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Well I guess we'll just have to see how they do tomorrow. Honestly though, I think Mourhino is just going to end up managing their decline, as sadly Daniel Levy doesn't have the purse strings to compete long term as a top 4 club.

If Harry Kane wants to win some notable silverware he is going to have to leave. If he stays in the Premier League I think playing alongside Salah and Mane in Liverpool would be ideal, or with Aguero looking like he's done, he would terrorize clubs getting service from De Bruyne if Man City if don't get a two year ban.

The question is where would Son go? Not many of the top teams need a left winger.
    Son would do well at most big teams, but, as you say, it is about being needed. I am not sure. Maybe Barca when they rebuild? I love Sonny and I wouldn't begrudge him for leaving, but I do not know who would want him. Not for lack of talent, but space.

Kane should go (it hurts!), but, I can only see him going to a Manchester United or Real Madrid.

I feel like Kane should've made a move to a bigger club after the 2018 World Cup. I kinda feel like he's missed his chance. Injuries haven't been kind to him, so that hasn't helped. I can't see big clubs paying the "Levy price" for him but no doubt I'll be proved wrong with the silly money players are going for nowadays.

Swansea are going well after a little dip. A formation change has really helped.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Zero, zero at half time, fighting teams facing relegation can be tough. The nice thing about having time off, is that I can actually converse with people in the UK, it's close to 11:00 am in British Columbia.

As a Man U fan, I can say I don't forsee Harry Kane coming to the team. They are going to go for Sancho this transfer window, and I'm pretty sure that Solskjaer still has his eye on Erling Haaland further down the road. If he can keep injury free i can see Real Madrid eventually picking him up, though I am not familiar with their current squad.

I must say I admire the ability of English fans to cheer for low level club teams like Swansea, or a club that will never win the premier league (Brighton/Norwich) I never understood this until recently when it's become clear that the Vancouver Whitecaps will never have the money to compete with the LA Galaxy, but they're your home team, so what can you do other than support them.

Mighty Member

Manchester United 3 Aston Villa 0 match summary.

Manchester United got a lucky call that helped change the game, but they did have a call against them, not the best refereeing but it's a tough job, and something needs to be done to fix VAR

Aston Villa Really pushed United to the ropes in first 20 minutes of the game, they are unlucky to have not scored. It is clear that Jack Grealish is playing with an injury he picked up against Liverpool, if he's not fit, Aston Villa is probably going down. I'm worried the manager is going to keep pushing him to play injured to stay in the premier league, after the game was up 3 -0 he should have been subbed out of the game.

Defense The back 4 did a good job of keeping a clean sheet. I wish Shaw and Wan Bissaka could contribute more assists though, I look upon Liverpool's left and right backs with envy, but that is why they are the champs.

Midfield Bruno Fernandes is a game changer, and he is the only reason why Untied is in the race for the top 4. With Christian Erikson's departure from Tottenham this year, I think he is now one of the best attacking midfielder in the league, only second to Kevin De Bruyne.
    Paul Pogba is bar none the most talented box to box midfielder in the league if he wants to be, definitely the best long ball passer in the game.

Forwards Mason Greenwood is on fire! He is now tied with Wayne Rooney as one of the only 18 year olds with the most goals in a season, a few more and he will surpass Michael Owen. He definitely has a bright future!

Mighty Member

Intermediary

Jordan Henderson out for the 4 weeks approx, due to a knee injury

its a wash IMO, the team plays faster with Hendo off the pitch

sometimes its good, sometimes not so much

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I feel like Kane should've made a move to a bigger club after the 2018 World Cup. I kinda feel like he's missed his chance. Injuries haven't been kind to him, so that hasn't helped. I can't see big clubs paying the "Levy price" for him but no doubt I'll be proved wrong with the silly money players are going for nowadays.

Swansea are going well after a little dip. A formation change has really helped.
    Unfortunately, it is probably a fair claim.