Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Hopefully by next summer everything will be back to normal and the Euros can go ahead as planned throughout Europe. I wasn't keen on the idea of spreading it about to begin with but for a one off it'll make it different.

I just watched the replay of the 2013 League Cup final when Swansea beat Bradford. Feels like such a long time ago now.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I remember that final well as I watched it with my Dad at his house in the south of France. We streamed it on his PC and had a few beers.

I'd gone over there stay for a month or so and I remember watching that match during a heatwave there. Swansea were a great attacking side back then with the likes of Michu.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I was gutted that I couldn't get a ticket for that final. I was at the Championship play off final at Wembley in 2011 though and it was the greatest day of my life. Those few seasons around winning the League Cup and being the Europa League the following season were when we hit our peak. We played some great stuff under Laudrup.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I was gutted that I couldn't get a ticket for that final. I was at the Championship play off final at Wembley in 2011 though and it was the greatest day of my life. Those few seasons around winning the League Cup and being the Europa League the following season were when we hit our peak. We played some great stuff under Laudrup.
    What a season that was. Dyer, Michu, Flores (was he there at the time?) and the special kit.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What a season that was. Dyer, Michu, Flores (was he there at the time?) and the special kit.
    Yeah it was a great time to be a Swansea fan. Then we signed Bony (when he was good) but sadly it didn't work out for Michu once Bony arrived. Michu will always be a cult hero though. I've got the centenary shirt but it's one those really clingy, fitted shirts and I'm not brave enough to wear that out now, especially after lockdown with all the crap I've eaten and hardly any exercise lol.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it was a great time to be a Swansea fan. Then we signed Bony (when he was good) but sadly it didn't work out for Michu once Bony arrived. Michu will always be a cult hero though. I've got the centenary shirt but it's one those really clingy, fitted shirts and I'm not brave enough to wear that out now, especially after lockdown with all the crap I've eaten and hardly any exercise lol.
    Bony was also superb. He went off-track at Citeh.

Bony was also superb. He went off-track at Citeh.
    Yeah he should never have gone to City but then you can't blame him for going with the chance of trophies and more money. Players don't do well after leaving Swansea. There are loads of players over the years that have left for "bigger things" and it hasn't worked out.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah he should never have gone to City but then you can't blame him for going with the chance of trophies and more money. Players don't do well after leaving Swansea. There are loads of players over the years that have left for "bigger things" and it hasn't worked out.
    That is true. I always felt that, under Laudrup, Swansea could have done better things. I still remember when you had Bradley as a manager and I was thinking how?

That is true. I always felt that, under Laudrup, Swansea could have done better things. I still remember when you had Bradley as a manager and I was thinking how?
    Yeah the club just couldn't meet his demands because he wanted to spend more and push us on even more and we didn't really have the money to do it. That's why they brought the American owners in, and it's all been downhill from there.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Bob Bradley has since been able to build his coaching career back up quite impressively.

He's currently head coach at LAFC in Major League Soccer. Funnily enough, they tend to play the kind of pleasing attacking football that Swansea played under Laudrup.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I remember when Michu was on fire for Swansea and thinking ''what a player''. It is a shame that his career went downhill so fast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I remember when Michu was on fire for Swansea and thinking ''what a player''. It is a shame that his career went downhill so fast.
    He was superb. Heavily linked with Arsenal if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Bob Bradley has since been able to build his coaching career back up quite impressively.

He's currently head coach at LAFC in Major League Soccer. Funnily enough, they tend to play the kind of pleasing attacking football that Swansea played under Laudrup.
    Shame he couldn't do it in the Premiership lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah all the fans loved him. The plan was for him to play behind/alongside Bony when we brought him in, but with injuries and a slight change of style, it just didn't work out for him.

He was superb. Heavily linked with Arsenal if I recall.
    He did enjoy playing against Arsenal, so I'm not surprised lol. That 2-0 win at the Emirates was a great day. Bad quality but this was the second goal...

Extraordinary Member

Nearly eight years ago? I feel old...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Shame he couldn't do it in the Premiership lol.

Well, there is a difference in quality between the Premiership and the MLS...

Also, speaking of that goal against Arsenal, nice to see someone pick up where Robbie Fowler left of in terms of enjoying playing against Arsenal.