Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Soooo, we are minutes away from the start of the game between PSG and Bayern.

I'm kinda hoping for a PSG win but well, Munich's team is hot as hell right now.

Well, easy victory for the Bayern, as expected i guess.

Mbappe and Neymar weren't very effective...

Mighty Member

It was a good final, Bayern's defense did a good job of neutralizing Mbappe & Neymar, and Paris St Germain, did a good job of staying in the game after conceding a goal to prevent another.

Well, Bayern move ahead of Liverpool and Barcelona in terms of Champion's cups.

Mighty Member

Either way it was great to see a local boy from Canada raise the cup, he's on route to becoming one of the best left backs in the world.

He sure did a great job yesterday.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    It was a good final, Bayern's defense did a good job of neutralizing Mbappe & Neymar, and Paris St Germain, did a good job of staying in the game after conceding a goal to prevent another.

Well, Bayern move ahead of Liverpool and Barcelona in terms of Champion's cups.
    Don’t think Bayern have won more times than Liverpool.

Mighty Member

I'm glad you pointed that out, as the commentator during the game announced that "only Real Madrid & AC Milan have now won more Champions Cups than Bayern" & I do believe he said that they've pulled ahead of Barcelona and Liverpool, but I could be mistaken on his wording.

Mighty Member

Tick tock goes the clock for Man U.

When this transfer window closes they better have Jadon Sancho, and either Jack Grealish, or Van de Beek in a United uniform.

The only reason I became a United fan is because of watching Giggs & Cantona on VHS after games on the soccer pitch, my relatives are in the south, and if the Glazer's don't buck up, United will start to bleed their international & European fans, after that I imagine the UK.

Mighty Member

Bravo! Hats of to United. One down, one to go.

I would have liked to have Grealish because he can play left wing as well, to cover for Rashford, but after seeing some of Van De Beek's long passes, he's probably the better choice, to replace both Fernandes and Pogba.

Plus he's a better player for half the price. $80 million is a rip for Grealish, I don't understand why English players are so expensive, United should have never spent that kind of money for Maguire, hopefully they start scouting better in Europe.

I feel sorry for Grealish he's probably stuck for another year at Villa, but onwards and upwards for United, Sancho is next!

Extraordinary Member

Do United need VDB?

Mighty Member

Yes, unfortunately there bench is pretty week in comparison to other big clubs.

They need a quality midfielder, so they can rest Fernandez and Pogba.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Yes, unfortunately there bench is pretty week in comparison to other big clubs.

They need a quality midfielder, so they can rest Fernandez and Pogba.
    Man. I wish we could afford to spend that much aha.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Man. I wish we could afford to spend that much aha.
    Well if it's any consolation, I think it's time FIFA imposed a salary cap for all clubs across Europe & the UK.

I realize that there has always been dominant super clubs (Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/Man U) but money is starting to ruin the game.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham have recruited brilliantly over the last several years, and it doesn't seem right that other big clubs like Chelsea, City & United, can surpass them just because there owners are richer and can buy whoever they want.

Even as a United fan, I'm biting my nails wondering if the billionaire owners can afford to get Sancho, and compete, and Arsenal really can't afford to compete at all anymore....something is wrong there.

Well today I went to a game for the first time since January/February. Felt great to be back in a stadium and watching football, even if it was just a friendly. Stafford Rangers beat Chorley 2-1, so it was nice to see them win and they're playing a lot better than they were last season. New manager, half the starting 11 were new, new formation etc. All good stuff.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Oh boy it will be a hard season for us. We need a back-up for Kane!