Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Now United are talking about buying Ousmane Dembele, another second rate player the manager doesn't want, who will be another Sanchez/Lukaku whose not going to live up to his potential, and will most likely be injury prone and flop.

On top of that Ollie wants Daniel James sold to fund Sancho, but allegedly Woodward doesn't want to sell him??? Get rid of him, Leeds is a good club, and perfect for James.

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other...ho/ar-BB19EfZ0

Un f'n believable! Ole Gunnar Solskjaer United legend! Ed Woodward bank manager. Who knows more about football?

Extraordinary Member

What a win! 6-1!

Mighty Member

An abysmal performance and quite possibly the last Manchester United game I will watch in a very long time. (This will depend upon Jadon Sancho)

I stopped watching after Martial got a red card, turned it back on to see that it was 5 -1 and turned it off again.

It is clear that the team is bothered by the lack of success in the transfer market, and are waking up to the reality that Manchester United is no longer the club of Alex Ferguson, and that there careers could be stuck in a mediocre hell hole.

I will restrain my rant for now, fingers crossed for Sancho.

Mighty Member

Whew! and I thought United had a bad outing.

It was definitely a mad weekend in the Premiership! Gotta love the unpredictability of it.

Swansea won at home to Millwall, which I'm obviously happy with and my local team Stafford Rangers won away on penalties at Buxton in the FA Cup qualifiers. Wolves also won, so all in all, quite a good weekend for me!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Good for Swansea, finger crossed for the premiership.

Mighty Member

Fire Ed Woodward!!!

Today is the day I quit watching Manchester United who I have been following as far back as the early 90's.

It's not because I don't want to support a club through its tough times, but rather I can't support a club knowing its run by idiots, and nothing is going to change.

There is talk now of bringing in Pochenttino to replace Solskjaer, but it is Ed Woodward who should be fired.

Ed Woodward is a human cockroach who couldn't run a hotdog stand if his life depended on it!!!

He has to be the most inept, incompetent chief executive I have ever seen. Cavani??? Really? a washed up 33 year old who has no resale value! And we can't move players out because he signs them to big contracts they don't deserve. Phil Jones a 5 year contract, really??? How did Ed Woodward ever get a job, he should be pushing a buggie at Wallmart.

I will not watch United again until Ed Woodward is fired, and the Glazers should sell, they don't have the funds to run a team like Manchester United they'd be better off buying a mid table club.

So farewell Manchester United, I'm off to find a new club.

Mighty Member

All right now that the transfer market has closed, and I finished my somewhat over the top temper tantrum, it's time for Premier League predictions.

1) Liverpool (Liverpool is the new Manchester United under Klopp. Unless Sala or Mani become significantly injured I can't see them having much competition

2) Manchester City (They actually might end up in third) They are on the decline, David Silva is gone, and Sergio Aguero might not be the same with a knee injury at 32 yrs of age. I also think the desire to win the Premier League is no longer there, they have their eyes on one trophy only, the Champions cup. Nevertheless, De Bruyne, Sterling and Laporte should keep them motoring.

3) Leicester City I'm not quite sure why all the sports pundits keep writing them out of the top 4 just because they sold Ben Chilwell. They are fabulously coached and have great talent with Madison, Verdy and Ndidi, I'm banking top 4.

4) Chelsea - It's going to take a while for all this talent to gel together and I'm not all that certain that Lampard is quality manager material, but unlike Manchester United, he has a owner who fully backed him in the transfer market.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

5) Tottenham - It's rough going trying to pick the next three, but under Mourinho, I think they have the best chance of getting into the top 4 as they now have three world class players in Harry Kane, Gareth Bale, and my opinion Son Heung Min. If the starting 11 get stay healthy and not burn themselves out, I don't think top 4 is inconceivable.

6) Arsenal - Arteta has really turned things around for this club, still they need owners who will finance the team a little better.

7) Everton - Wow they look good! The wild card, they may finish much higher!

8) Manchester United - Realistically they will probably be fighting for 5th or 6th, Cavani will probably score lots of goals, but I think the players on this team have been demoralized by the board's incompetence in the transfer market. The failure to sign Sancho not only signals to the players that there not building for top spot, it also signals to everyone else that Manchester United is no longer the attractive club they once were, and its days of domination are over.

I love Ole but realistically he's simply not good enough and would need the similar backing that Lampard has gotten at Chelsea to be successful, that being said things are not going to change until Woodward and the Glazers are gone. Watch for Pogba to refuse to sign a new contract and be on the move.

Relegation Teams

1) Fulham
    2) West Brom
    3) I was going to say Brighton, but Sheffield United hasn't been doing to well since the loss of Dean Henderson. Still I'll go with Brighton I guess, I don't really pay attention to lower ranking teams.

Mighty Member

Well there you have it. Only a fool at this point would agree to become the manager of Manchester United under the Glazer's and Ed Woodward.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...on-Sancho.html

If I was Pochenttino, I would legally have it written in stone that he controls all transfer activity, and wouldn't sign that dotted line until Ed Woodward is removed from the club.

European qualifiers start this week for those that are interested...nothing to exciting at this point though.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&e...snbj;mt;fp;1;;

Extraordinary Member

What does Southgate have against Grealish?

Mighty Member

Liverpool loses the top defensive player in the world of soccer as Virgil Van Dyke goes down with an injury, in what I found to be rather sleepy Merseyside derby, but then again Liverpool is a defensive powerhouse first and foremost, so I don't expect fireworks every game.

If Liverpool do not win the Premier League this year it will because of injuries, sadly the owners do not have the money of Chelsea & Manchester City to stack their bench, that, and they badly need a striker, Timo Werner's choice to go to Chelsea will be felt.

Mighty Member

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer strikes back and pulls off a win despite the fact that Manchester United is owned and run by bums.

I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore United games but giving up on your sports team is easier said than done, all in all a good performance by the red devils.

Mighty Member

Somehow Tottenham managed to blow a 3 - 0 lead. Still Kane and Son were fabulous, with Gareth Bale joining the ranks they are going to be a deadly front three, that is if they can get an attacking midfielder going.

In terms of left wingers, Son and Sterling have been tearing up the pitch thus far this year.

Mighty Member

The reckless tackle that has shelved the world's best defensive soccer player for most likely the whole season...the premier league title is wide open now.

Extraordinary Member

That Pickford challenge was borderline insanity.