Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Great result for us today. So happy that Kane is firing. Bit odd that Jan was left out, but Eriksen showed why we need him to sign.
    It took Spurs quite some time to get going tonight. For the longest time they seemed intent on just walking the ball into the net. They looked great after making that initial breakthrough though.

It was great getting BT Score back this afternoon. Why not Jeff Stelling and the boys over on Sky? Two words - Jules Breach. Phew.

It's been terrible here today weather wise. Like it'll be lucky if there's no localised flooding terrible. I bet it was thoroughly miserable over the hill at Turf Moor. Burnley still managed a 3-0 win. How cool is this new Sky Sports Youtube channel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    It took Spurs quite some time to get going tonight. For the longest time they seemed intent on just walking the ball into the net. They looked great after making that initial breakthrough though.

It was great getting BT Score back this afternoon. Why not Jeff Stelling and the boys over on Sky? Two words - Jules Breach. Phew.

It's been terrible here today weather wise. Like it'll be lucky if there's no localised flooding terrible. I bet it was thoroughly miserable over the hill at Turf Moor. Burnley still managed a 3-0 win. How cool is this new Sky Sports Youtube channel?
    I think that Poch is getting better with his subs. Given it is our first game, I won't read too much into theresult, but as you said, we could have been better and more cynical.

And yup the weather is awful.

United 4-0 Transfer Ban FC

That went far better than anticipated. The small London club started strong and it took United a while to impose themselves on the game. Once they did though it was very pleasing on the eye.

A young, hungry United team. That's all I need.

I've watched five matches across the last two days:

Motherwell 2-5 Celtic
    Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa
    Seattle Sounders 3-3 New England Revolution
    Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal
    Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea

That's 22 goals in all. Football is back.

Extraordinary Member

United 4-0 Transfer Ban FC

That went far better than anticipated. The small London club started strong and it took United a while to impose themselves on the game. Once they did though it was very pleasing on the eye.

A young, hungry United team. That's all I need.
    I love the shade.

Amazing Member

Well that went as well as expected, a strong 5-0 loss to start the season. Brighton away this Saturday though so a nice trip to the seaside for me and my fellow hammers. Hopefully the team can get past the complete and utter hiding they got by the favourites to win the league ahead of this one.

The weekend before last I was bigging up Santos in the Brazilian league. I must have something akin to 'commentators curse' as they ended up on the wrong side of a defeat last Sunday evening.

They came off worst in a 3-2 (sort of) derby against Sao Paulo at the Morumbi stadium. Granted they are still top of the league with points to spare.

Sao Paulo themselves have been busy in the transfer market. They have just signed both Dani Alves and Juanfran (formerly the Atletico Madrid right-back).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Carragher just amps it up for the TV. He's alright. Nowhere near as bad as Michael Owen can be.

Norwich may play well but I worry that they'll be outplayed by a lot of teams.
    It's not just the TV he amps it up for. I've seen him at some meet and greet, he does it quite regularly. I hate to say it but Owen is better because at least he's just a boring ************ LOL.

At least Carragher's managed to keep his phlegm to himself so far this weekend.

Things were going well for Motherwell earlier this afternoon. They were playing well against Celtic and actually took a deserved lead after 11 minutes.....
    LMAO That's true regarding Carragher!

League Cup starts tonight (apart from the Portsmouth v Birmingham match obviously LOL) so I'm sure there'll be plenty of goals and probably a few shocks along the way. Celtic are hosting Cluj tonight only needing a 0-0 to get through to the Champions League proper.

And of course Liverpool will be playing in Istanbul tomorrow night against Chelsea. Hopefully we can continue the bad start to the season for Chelsea and lift another trophy

Extraordinary Member

That was a better game than I expected (the super cup).

Good game in the Super Cup. Glad we squeaked through on penalties to get our first (hopefully first anyway LOL) trophy of the season and it was a nice way for Adrian to write himself into the history books. Plus, justice was done in the end with Abraham missing the penalty after conning the ref into giving him one in extra time. Having said that, the abuse he got online from his own supporters is sickening and is completely uncalled for.

Kinda nervous about tomorrow's game against Southampton but fingers crossed for that one.

Plus, congrats to Wolves and Rangers qualifying last night. And, finally, to Carlisle Utd, Cambridge Utd, Forest Green Rovers and Lincoln City fans for their teams giant killing exploits in the League Cup this week.

Oh, there is one more thing. It's a bit naughty not to pay your manager for five months like Macclesfield Town apparently did to Sol Campbell. I was wondering why he left because he seemed to be doing ok there.

I see that Huddersfield have lost again. Going off their performance against Derby a couple of weeks ago I'm not surprised.

I didn't see it. The Spanish La Liga season kicked off tonight and it was shown on ITV4. I'm delighted to say that Athletic Bilbao have beaten Barcelona 1-0. It was a superb volleyed goal that won it.

I say delighted as I've got a problem with Barca at the moment. I just can't forgive them for losing a certain semi-final from a three goal lead last season. Unprofessional tossers.

Extraordinary Member

ITV4 has La Liga! I saw the game and Barca looked pretty poor.

I've just seen the Huddersfield-Fulham goals on Sky Sports News. I think that Huddersfield are gonna ship a lot of goals this season. They have a very soft underbelly.

The game was also 'graced' by some utterly pathetic play-acting from the Fulham forward Mitrovic. He took a very slight knock on the face from a Town player near the corner flag and reacted like someone had broken his nose. Football players really are tossers sometimes.

I never like to hear about football managers getting sacked but it's on the news right now that Huddersfield Town have parted ways with Head Coach Jan Siewert after tonight's defeat.

To be honest that's not really a surprise though, given their start. They've looked really poor under him.