Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

I think I'll be taking an extended break for a while.
    I'll be freeing up the characters in Daredevil and Moon Knight for others to use.

I'll still be around, and may return to join in again before long.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think I'll be taking an extended break for a while.
    I'll be freeing up the characters in Daredevil and Moon Knight for others to use.

I'll still be around, and may return to join in again before long.
    Sorry to hear that Lee. I really enjoy your stuff and hope you'll return to action soon! There's always a spot here for you.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Sorry to hear that Lee. I really enjoy your stuff and hope you'll return to action soon! There's always a spot here for you.
    Ditto on this. Lee, you're a talented writer and we'll miss you. Your personal life does come first and I hope this break is good for you for whatever reason.

As the end of the month nears, I want to remind everyone to get their purchases and solicitations in!

Also, as in the past, our bullpen has suffered some attrition. That is obviously to be expected given the crazy 2020 we have had so far in the world. Some plotters let me know they must take time off or can no longer continue, and others sadly sometimes disappear.

As such, I would ask that, to the extent possible, we all try and recruit some new participants! If you know anyone on this board, or beyond, who would be possibly be interested in joining our little solicitation game, I would ask you to please refer them! This game works best when there are more participants.

To facilitate this, I am announcing a REFERRAL BONUS which I have added to the rules on the first page of this thread. Anyone who refers a new plotter, where that plotter then proceeds to submit solicitations and make pulls for two consecutive months, will receive 26 REWARD POINTS for a book of their choice (or split between books). That is enough for an additional book or an event, with some change leftover, or for a whole bunch of additional roster slots, so I hope its some incentive. I'm also open to any other ideas about how to drive recruitment.

Thanks everyone!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Thanks, Exciter. Means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ditto on this. Lee, you're a talented writer and we'll miss you. Your personal life does come first and I hope this break is good for you for whatever reason.
    Thanks, Cap!
    We're about to move into a new house, and I have a lot to do before the move.
    I'm sure I'll be returning before too long.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I see. Research on a brilliant new headquarters story. Good Luck, Lee.

Thanks, Exciter. Means a lot!

Thanks, Cap!
    Congratulations on the move and we'll be glad to have you back when you're ready.

I'm glad it's a break for a great reason, Lee. When do the sharks with frickin' laser beams get installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You know, looking at my plans for Sorcerers of the Stars and Ultimates, I've only plans for up to #17 and #18 respectively.

Before I start to brainstorm on what I could do on those books next – would anybody be interested in a title swap? I might want to do a few more issues of each to get to a LGY #25 counting the Civil War issues; but I don't want to stay on the books if I don't have any good ideas.

My submissions are in albeit a few minutes late.

Sales totals for June are up!!!

A solid month with Civil War breaking out!

New Solicitations and reward points totals will be posted soon!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You know, looking at my plans for Sorcerers of the Stars and Ultimates, I've only plans for up to #17 and #18 respectively.

Before I start to brainstorm on what I could do on those books next – would anybody be interested in a title swap? I might want to do a few more issues of each to get to a LGY #25 counting the Civil War issues; but I don't want to stay on the books if I don't have any good ideas.
    With Lee Stone and Personamanx taking sabbaticals, that means DAREDEVIL, MOON KNIGHT, RUNAWAYS, and MARVEL SWIMSUIT SPECIAL are all available for a new plotter to step in. Also, you always have the option of cancelling any book and replacing it with something totally different! Variety is the spice of life.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

I hope this isn’t a silly question, but why was June 2020 skipped?

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    I hope this isn’t a silly question, but why was June 2020 skipped?
    For this iteration of books, no months were actually skipped. The AOM group has a date a month in advance while the DC group I think it's been that way since the beginning.

Yeah our last EiC, the honorable Global Honored, arranged for it to always be one month ahead. So you buy August’s books in July. I believe the logic was to make it more like an advanced solicitation.