Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    So is anyone using Venom or Ghost Rider?
    Both are available.

Also is like Ultimate Universe or Ultraverse open?
    Or like Squadron Supreme but in another universe?
    Ultraverse characters are free to draft, and you can use them however you see fit! Same goes for Squadron Supreme characters.

Ultimate Universe characters not so much, unless it’s an original ultimate character (like Miles Morales) or an extremely different version of the character (like, the Maker) For the most part, the ultimate characters are very similar to the 616 versions - and since we’re already in the alternate AOM universe, there would be overlap. For example, drafting Ultimate Peter Parker would just be functionally the same as drafting Peter Parker. So I’d like to avoid that.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Both are available.

Ultraverse characters are free to draft, and you can use them however you see fit! Same goes for Squadron Supreme characters.

Ultimate Universe characters not so much, unless it’s an original ultimate character (like Miles Morales) or an extremely different version of the character (like, the Maker) For the most part, the ultimate characters are very similar to the 616 versions - and since we’re already in the alternate AOM universe, there would be overlap. For example, drafting Ultimate Peter Parker would just be functionally the same as drafting Peter Parker. So I’d like to avoid that.
    Cool, I'm considering using 20 points to add a third title called "Ghost Rider: Damnation", or something like that.
    Thanks for the information on Ultimate Universe,
    would an Ultimate Comic that is just set in Ultimate Universe work?

Cool, I'm considering using 20 points to add a third title called "Ghost Rider: Damnation", or something like that.
    Thanks for the information on Ultimate Universe,
    would an Ultimate Comic that is just set in Ultimate Universe work?
    I love Ghost Rider. I just used him in the Hulk in Hell miniseries and he definitely deserves an on-going spot!

If you want to set a comic in a different universe, that’s okay. However, you couldn’t use any characters that are already reserved. I think AOM being it’s own version of an “ultimate” or reimagined universe already would rather defeat that point. Such a setting would also limit participation in crossovers and events. I think it’s only a good idea if it’s an obvious and incompatible alternate universe (like Star Wars) or you wanted to do like an apocalypse or something that would have to effect all other books in the setting.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

I love Ghost Rider. I just used him in the Hulk in Hell miniseries and he definitely deserves an on-going spot!

If you want to set a comic in a different universe, that’s okay. However, you couldn’t use any characters that are already reserved. I think AOM being it’s own version of an “ultimate” or reimagined universe already would rather defeat that point. Such a setting would also limit participation in crossovers and events. I think it’s only a good idea if it’s an obvious and incompatible alternate universe (like Star Wars) or you wanted to do like an apocalypse or something that would have to effect all other books in the setting.
    How about Contest of Champions, or Exiles, where you get a lot of different versions of characters from all over the multiverse?

BANNED

I will spend 20-points to add a third title, "Ghost Rider: Damnation"!

The Pitch:
    The Devil always gets his due, and Johnny Blaze's time is up.
    Without a spirit of vengeance, without a motorcycle, Johnny Blaze's soul has been damned to hell.
    Down in hell, the only way out is up, will he survive? And what will become of his soul?

The Cast:
    1, Johnny Blaze
    2, Danny Ketch
    3, Mephisto
    4, Blackheart
    5, Dormammu
    6, Satana
    7, Mephista
    8, Zarathos
    9, Lucifer
    10, Satan (Marduk)
    11, Cosmic Ghost Rider
    12, Spirit of Vengeance
    13, Hela

Blackheart's one of mine. I have more plans for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Crap, did I forget to list him on your roster?

I will spend 20-points to add a third title, "Ghost Rider: Damnation"!

The Pitch:
    The Devil always gets his due, and Johnny Blaze's time is up.
    Without a spirit of vengeance, without a motorcycle, Johnny Blaze's soul has been damned to hell.
    Down in hell, the only way out is up, will he survive? And what will become of his soul?

The Cast:
    1, Johnny Blaze
    2, Danny Ketch
    3, Mephisto
    4, Blackheart
    5, Dormammu
    6, Satana
    7, Mephista
    8, Zarathos
    9, Lucifer
    10, Satan (Marduk)
    11, Cosmic Ghost Rider
    12, Spirit of Vengeance
    13, Hela
    Sounds like a… ahem… hell of a great book! Love these characters and look forward to your take on the supernatural side of the AOM.

Looks good aside from the Blackheart claim.

I assume you want to cash in 20 points from Infinity Watch. The book itself doesn’t quite have twenty, but technically the points from Negation: Infinity Watch will revert to its parent book at the conclusion of the tie-in miniseries, so that puts you over.

What creative team do you want?

How about Contest of Champions, or Exiles, where you get a lot of different versions of characters from all over the multiverse?
    Both concepts are open, but again I think the alternate universe characters would have to be exceptionally different (e.g., Alligator Loki is fine but Kid Loki is too close).

What I’m trying to avoid is back door use of a character that someone else has claimed. This makes sure that reward points and character reservations mean something and are actually valuable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cool cool, sorry man, didn't know.

BANNED

Sounds like a… ahem… hell of a great book! Love these characters and look forward to your take on the supernatural side of the AOM.

Looks good aside from the Blackheart claim.

I assume you want to cash in 20 points from Infinity Watch. The book itself doesn’t quite have twenty, but technically the points from Negation: Infinity Watch will revert to its parent book at the conclusion of the tie-in miniseries, so that puts you over.

Both concepts are open, but again I think the alternate universe characters would have to be exceptionally different (e.g., Alligator Loki is fine but Kid Loki is too close).

What I’m trying to avoid is back door use of a character that someone else has claimed. This makes sure that reward points and character reservations mean something and are actually valuable.
    I think nx01a also have Doctor Strange judging from the solicitations, who is also not listed.
    And if you have any plans for Hela, I can drop her, since I'm just looking for rulers of hell, I guess I can think of someone else.

He's the father of all my demon-mutants.
    Cool cool, sorry man, didn't know.
    No worries. Yeah, I snapped up Strange when he became available a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I thought I had 22 points on Infinity Watch from last month, lol.
    Yeah, on that part, I'm still pondering on the creative team actually,
    but maybe Cullen Bunn and Jon Davis-Hunt,
    or Dan Watters and Caspar Wijngaard.

I thought I had 22 points on Infinity Watch from last month, lol.
    Yeah, on that part, I'm still pondering on the creative team actually,
    but maybe Cullen Bunn and Jon Davis-Hunt,
    or Dan Watters and Caspar Wijngaard.
    Oops, you did. Sorry, I was on my phone quickly looking at the last page of the thread and both the current tally and the prior month’s tally (where you had 18) were on the same thread page. No worries!

Also, Caspar Wijngaard‘s art would slay on this title.

No plans for Hela, btw. She’s all yours.

BANNED

Oops, you did. Sorry, I was on my phone quickly looking at the last page of the thread and both the current tally and the prior month’s tally (where you had 18) were on the same thread page. No worries!

Also, Caspar Wijngaard‘s art would slay on this title.

No plans for Hela, btw. She’s all yours.
    Awesome! Thanks!

Sales totals for last month are up!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5662419

Expect new solicitations and a reward point update shortly!

When I say that Negation’s finale is huge, I mean that my first draft of the solicit was too long to send at a single PM!

I’m going to try to make it a little more... concise, without cutting anything out. Stay tuned, True Believers!