Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default finish the initiaitve!

As we have well established... the 50 state initiative was... incomplete at best.
    I was thinking about adding more symbols but... took long enough making this:Map_of_USA_showing_initiative.jpg

Additional data:
    Alaska *
    Arizona ..*..
    Arkansas **
    California *.............*
    Delaware /////
    Florida *****
    Georgia ****.
    Hawaii ...***
    Illinois -
    Iowa *
    Kansas +++++
    Kentucky *..
    Maryland ****.
    Montana **..
    Nebraska ***
    Nevada *...**
    New Jersey *****/***
    New Mexico ****
    North Carolina ////
    Ohio *
    Oregon ****
    Pennsylvannia *******
    Rhode Island .
    Texas *******
    Utah -
    Vermont **
    Washington *** (should be New York)
    Wisconsin *******

New York is doubly weird... technically the main Avengers team works there... and also the team assigned to Washington.... lives in New York. Why would you assign them to work the other coast?

But there's only 28 teams and those are often... pretty weak.
    * is for an established character
    . is for a character created for the initiative(several of which were never seen after wards)
    / is for characters who were originally villains who somehow got talked into being part of the Initiative.
    + is for characters retroactively added after the Initiative event was over.
    - indicates a state where we had the team get talked about existing... but never saw a single member of the team.

^^^Duuuuide!
    This is high speed low drag, I love it!

Okay, I'm claiming Colorado.

It’s centrally located, surprisingly wasn’t used during the actual storyline, and as home of the Denver Broncos it gave me the idea to use an old build. This Initiative team will be called…:

THE ALL AMERICAN
    Like Blur, Jack Magniconte’s a survivor of Earth-148611. An ex-quarterback who gained superhuman strength, stamina, speed, and durability. He’s a total good guy and natural leader.

NFL SUPERPRO
    Phil Grayfield sacrificed his football career to save a child’s life. That good deed gave him some good karma though, in the form of an advanced exo-skeleton that makes him a human tank.

MVP
    Dubbed "MVP", Michael Van Patrick was raised since childhood to achieve physical perfection; think Captain America without the super soldier serum. He went to College on a football scholarship, but it was superheroics that he wanted to major in.

oooh that's a neat ide!

I miss the Initiative. I was also really miffed when they made Vox and Prima Donna into villains.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I still think a comic that combined the premise of The Initiative with the New Warriors would be really fun: a central team of young heroes who create a support system for other young heroes from across the country, and travel around helping each other in times of peril.

Justice would be the field leader, but Night Thrasher would be the secret leader of the whole thing.

-Pav, who enjoys when comics utilize the young D-list heroes we rarely see...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    oooh that's a neat ide!
    ^^^Thanks marhawkman!
    I remember having fun putting that pic together, nice to be able to use it again.

You gotta think Puerto Rico would rate an Initiative team…:

EL VEJIGANTE
    While the original Vejigante was a mysterious Batman type urban avenger, the new Vejigante Miguel Rodriguez is a mysterious Zorro type swashbuckling man of the people. He’s more than willing to work w. The Initiative as team leader to make a bigger difference.

SLINGSHOT
    Super speedster Elena Rodriguez is an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, and has been asigned as Vejigante‘s second in command, helping the popular but still inexperienced hero manage the team.

TAG
    Brian Cruz’s low level psionic abilities often take a backseat to his outspoken opinionated argue w. a stop sign in your face personality.

BANTAM
    Former up and coming middleweight boxer turned metahuman Roberto Velazquez is the team’s pint sized pugilistic powerhouse. There’s no one he won’t knuckle up with.

ARAÑA
    Despite her youth, Anya Corazon has been web slinging for a good chunk of time and is surprisingly experienced. She’s very excited to be part of this Initiative team.

BUCKY
    Rikki Barnes is Anya Corazon‘s best friend. The two are inseparable, and if Anya’s joining The Initiative (and moving to a place w. some of the world’s most beautiful beaches), so is Rikki.

Gary Indiana deserves a team. I'll come up with the concept shortly

Tenn, alabama area could be Earthforce the transformers autobot team that worked with earths law and acted more like a hero team. Grimlock was leader with prowl and both had to have check ups by optimus prime at times. They were formed in the uk earthforce comics first.

Why Tenn , alabama?

Autobot city is at lookout mountain Tenn , alabama area!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tenn, alabama area could be Earthforce the transformers autobot team that worked with earths law and acted more like a hero team. Grimlock was leader with prowl and both had to have check ups by optimus prime at times. They were formed in the uk earthforce comics first.

Why Tenn , alabama?

Autobot city is at lookout mountain Tenn , alabama area!
    ^^^The deepest of deep cuts!

Tennessee is the volunteer state. (That's the state moto.) So I like the idea that nobody actually had to assign people to the state. When they heard the state need superheroes for an initiative team a dozen or so (more than the state really needs) superheroes that nobody had ever heard of just showed up for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Tennessee is the volunteer state. (That's the state moto.) So I like the idea that nobody actually had to assign people to the state. When they heard the state need superheroes for an initiative team a dozen or so (more than the state really needs) superheroes that nobody had ever heard of just showed up for the job.
    To my knowledge Illuminator http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/illuminatorprent.htm is my only state hero. Alabama has a few marvel characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    To my knowledge Illuminator http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/illuminatorprent.htm is my only state hero. Alabama has a few marvel characters.
    A little bit of research showed me Machinesmith and Inferno of the Exemplars are Tennesseans although both are villains. Banshee also had a brief supervillain career in Nashville. So, yeah, not a lot of native characters to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A little bit of research showed me Machinesmith and Inferno of the Exemplars are Tennesseans although both are villains. Banshee also had a brief supervillain career in Nashville. So, yeah, not a lot of native characters to work with.
    Very true...