Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1505

Oh, and for clarity, I’m planning to launch this event January 2023, so not for next month’s solicits. Wanted to nail some details down ahead of time so planning is easier for everyone!

springs for the points to bring Diablo! The Demon From The Fifth Dimension into their continuity.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Finally, details!

Welcome to WORLD WAR ZEMO!

In the last issue of THUNDERBOLTS, Helmut Zemo was appointed to the position of United States Secretary of Defense. Since then, he’s hounded his former underlings in the pages of NO MORE THUNDERBOLTS. That title has seen the Thunderbolts scatter across the globe, hoping to avoid his reach.

That won’t be enough.

Using the mind-control techniques of Doctor Faustus, Defense Secretary Zemo is about to have POTUS and the rest of the Executive Branch under his thumb! While he puts into place a full-scale white nationalist takeover domestically, his first international priority is to demonstrate that he is not to be defied. Not only is Zemo eager to utilize the full might of the US military-industrial complex, but he also commands the REDEEMERS, a personal superhuman brigade with an ever-growing line-up! When the nations of the world refuse to extradite the former Thunderbolts, Zemo declares war!

The following nations will be under attack:
    MADRIPOOR.
    SHARZHAD.
    ATLANTIS.
    VANAHEIM.
    The UNITED STATES itself, as Zemo clamps down at home!

As you can tell, Zemo is a belligerent type. If you want him to invade another country in your book, let me know – I’m sure we can figure out a reason for it!

TL;DR: After subjugating the US government, Baron Zemo plunges the world into war! Whether as part of the resistance in the USA or in defense of an invaded nation, your characters can fight the superpowered REDEEMERS, the US military itself, or (for the less savory types) exploit the chaos!

Rules

The story will be told in a Four-Issue Event Miniseries called WORLD WAR ZEMO, where the primary story will unfold. During that time, all other plotters are invited to tie-in with their own books. This can be accomplished in the following ways:

(1) Directly. Your book’s monthly solicitation can tie-in to the events of World War Zemo. The solicitation would look like “BOOK X #24 *World War Zemo Tie-In*.” All plotters who do this will get one extra reward point for their book.

(2) Stand Alone Tie-Ins. If you don’t want to interrupt the flow of your normal series, you can do a tie-in mini-series (or one shot) of your own, looking something like “CHARACTER X: WORLD WAR ZEMO #1.” Normal miniseries rules will apply, with the book able to independently earn reward points through the normal ways. Those points will revert to the parent title when the miniseries ends (or, if it's a one-shot, the next month).

(3) You can do both those things.

Remember that the main story will unfold in the WORLD WAR ZEMO book, so instead focus on what your characters are doing in the midst of this event.

Other Books

There will also be a companion anthology miniseries in the spirit of NEGATION: THE HOME FRONT and FEAR ITSELF: TALES OF SUSPENSE: WORLD WAR ZEMO: ON THE BATTLEFIELD. This is for other short stories you may want to tell about your characters during the event. Anyone who wants to contribute to this is welcome.

I’m still ironing out the details, but I’m personally planning for two tie-in miniseries from my own books: ATLANTIS ATTACKED, from Crossgenesis, and X-MEN: SILVER, from Spellbound. Details forthcoming… once I have made them up.

Additional characters reserved for the WORLD WAR ZEMO event series:

Zemo’s Compatriots
    1. Doctor Faustus (Johann Fennhoff), White House Chief Strategist
    2. Wolfgang von Strucker, Secretary of Homeland Security
    3. Doctor Arnim Zola, Secretary of Health and Human Services
    4. Tadzio de Santis, White House Press Secretary
    5. Swarm (Fritz von Meyer), Secretary of Agriculture
    6. Kraken (Daniel Whitehall), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
    7. Werner von Strucker, Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    Cameron Hodge, Secretary of the Department of Mutant Affairs
    Other
    8. Mogul of the Mystic Mountain
    Even More REDEEMERS
    9. Halation / Living Laser (Arthur Parks)
    10. Green Widow / Scorpion (Carmilla Black)
    11. Wasp / Locust (August Hopper)
    12. The Builders / The Wrecking Crew
    13. The Fantastic Force / The U-Foes
    Honestly, Zemo seems a great boss, go to war with the world when other people won't extradite the Thunderbolts, pretty based.

WORLD WAR ZEMO looks awesome! Thanks so much H-E-D for putting all that info together. Its thoroughly detailed so everyone should be able to jump right in! Needless to say, I'm all in with my books. My wheels are already turning...

I'm not personally too invested in the continuity of their particular whereabouts at any given moment.
    Just like the real Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    springs for the points to bring Diablo! The Demon From The Fifth Dimension into their continuity.
    Had to look this one up since there's another Diablo that nx currently owns, but it's this guy!
    Last edited by Exciter; 11-13-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Had to look this one up since there's another Diablo that nx currently owns, but it's this guy!
    I need to get better at putting links into posts. Or at least having the patience to look up how to do them.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Since we’re doing points, Thor is going to cash-in to claim Amora the Enchantress.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Don’t forget to turn in your solicitations!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is all quite fantastic.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-03-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    This is all quite fantastic.
    Glad you like it! You're always welcome to participate!

Sales totals for last month are up!

New solicitations and point adjustments coming soon!

I'm going to hold off another day or so before posting this month's solicitations to give plotters time to get them in. I'm missing a few core titles!

In other news, our friend guanlishabi has announced that his titles will be undergoing a creative reshuffling and that GHOST RIDER: DAMNATION will be ending. This means the following characters are returned to the available pool:
    Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, Mephisto, Sister Sara, Blackout, Satana, Mephista, Zarathos, Lucifer, Satan (Marduk), Cosmic Ghost Rider, Vengeance, Dormammu, and the Sentry.

Ooh, Spellbound is going to buy Satana, then.

Ooh, Spellbound is going to buy Satana, then.
    Excellent choice, cash-in to be reflected on next tally!

Speaking of which, it's time for me to announce more WORLD WAR ZEMO details!

First, we have Atlantis Attacked! This will technically be the Crossgenesis tie-in mini, since that's where Namor lives.

Writer: Torunn Grønbekk
    Plotter: H-E-D
    Artist: R. B. Silva
    Concept: Namor's kingdom comes under siege from the forces of Zemo!
    Co-Starring:
    1. Tamara Rahn
    2. Kymaera (Namorita Prentiss)
    3. Namora (Aquaria Neptunia)
    4. General Attuma
    5. Grand Vizier (Vashti Cleito-Son)
    6. General Krang
    7. Andromeda Attumasen
    Antagonists:
    8. U-Man (Meranno)
    9. Vyrra aka Dr. Lemuel Dorcus
    10. Sub-Mariner / Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss)
    11. Shark Girl / Mako
    12. Stingray / Doctor Hydro (Herman Frayne)
    13. Nerkkod

Next, we have X-Men: Silver! This will be an unconventional spin-off from Spellbound; Jennifer Kale's ex-girlfriend from her Ultimates days is starring, so you can expect an appearance from the Spellbinder at some point!

Writer: Stephanie Williams
    Artist: Ariela Kristantina
    Concept: Karma's secret X-Men team comes out to fight Zemo and Cameron Hodge's anti-mutant agenda!
    Location: Mons Esam, the Moon; Kümüx, East Turkistan; Wherever mutants are in danger, Earth!
    Starring:
    FIELD TEAM
    1. Karma (Xi’an Coy Manh)
    2. Rogue (Anna Marie)
    3. Mercury (Cessily Kincaid)
    4. Silhouette (Janelle Chord)
    5. Iceman (Robert Drake)
    6. Ricochet (Johnathan Gallo)
    SUPPORT STAFF
    7. Doctor Cecilia Reyes
    8. Prodigy (David Alleyne)
    9. Zero (Kenji Uedo)
    10. Wallflower (Laurie Collins)
    11. Triage (Christopher Muse)
    VILLAINS
    12. Leper Queen
    13. Hate-Monger (Josh Glenn)
    Last edited by H-E-D; 12-04-2022 at 02:21 PM.

For convenience’s sake, I thought I’d re-list the Redeemers for you!

It’s a motley crew of most D-to-Z-Listers, in the tradition of some iterations of the Masters of Evil, the Hood's Gang... you get the picture. As long-running Thunderbolts characters, I'll be holding on tightly to Moonstone and Carnage (though, if Venom wants to borrow Carnage, I'm sure something can be arranged), but aside from that, help yourselves! They're the official mooks of the event, and I'm not personally too invested in the continuity of their particular whereabouts at any given moment.

If you want to add anybody else to the list, feel free! Whether it’s somebody already in your cast looking for a morally-compromised payday, or you use the mini-series to fish out your favorite nobodies, the Redeemers are hiring!

And please, feel free to flex your Dark Avengers impulses and give them a heroic cover identity. Zemo is covering any legal fees for copyright disputes.

1. Warbird / Moonstone (Karla Sofen) [reserved]
    2. Scarlet Spider / Agent Carnage (Cletus Kasady) [reserved]
    3. Atlas / Antlion (Erik Josten)
    4. Mach-X / Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
    5. Techno / Centurius (Noah Black)
    6. Skein / Sybarite (Sybil Dvorak)
    7. Paladin / Satánica
    8. Whizzer / Speed Demon (James Sanders)
    9. Brawn / Axum (Daniel Broughton)
    10. Halation / Living Laser (Arthur Parks)
    11. Green Widow / Scorpion (Carmilla Black)
    12. Wasp / Locust (August Hopper)
    13. The Builders / The Wrecking Crew
      1. Builder / Wrecker
      2. Renovator / Bulldozer
      3. Foundation / Piledriver
      4. Surveyor / Demolisher
    14. The Fantastic Force / The U-Foes
      1. Wind Dancer / Vapor
      2. Silver Centurion / Ironclad
      3. Spectrum / X-Ray
      4. Hellion / Vector
    15. Sub-Mariner / Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss)
    16. Shark Girl / Mako
    17. Stingray / Doctor Hydro (Herman Frayne)
    I've officially added Tiger Shark, Mako and Doctor Hydro to the Redeemers, by the way, so consider them general use characters!

I'm putting the finishing touches on the solicit for WORLD WAR ZEMO #1, I'll give you a sneak preview soon!
    Last edited by H-E-D; 12-04-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Speaking of which, it's time for me to announce more WORLD WAR ZEMO details!

First, we have Atlantis Attacked! This will technically be the Crossgenesis tie-in mini, since that's where Namor lives.

Writer: Torunn Grønbekk
    Artist: R. B. Silva
    Concept: Namor's kingdom comes under siege from the forces of Zemo!
    Co-Starring:
    1. Tamara Rahn
    2. Kymaera (Namorita Prentiss)
    3. Namora (Aquaria Neptunia)
    4. General Attuma
    5. Grand Vizier (Vashti Cleito-Son)
    6. General Krang
    7. Andromeda Attumasen
    Antagonists:
    8. U-Man (Meranno)
    9. Vyrra aka Dr. Lemuel Dorcus
    10. Sub-Mariner / Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss)
    11. Shark Girl / Mako
    12. Stingray / Doctor Hydro (Herman Frayne)
    13. Nerkkod

Next, we have X-Men: Silver! This will be an unconventional spin-off from Spellbound; Jennifer Kale's ex-girlfriend from her Ultimates days is starring, so you can expect an appearance from the Spellbinder at some point!

Writer: Stephanie Williams
    Artist: Ariela Kristantina
    Concept: Karma's secret X-Men team comes out to fight Zemo and Cameron Hodge's anti-mutant agenda!
    Location: Mons Esam, the Moon; Kümüx, East Turkistan; Wherever mutants are in danger, Earth!
    Starring:
    FIELD TEAM
    1. Karma (Xi’an Coy Manh)
    2. Rogue (Anna Marie)
    3. Mercury (Cessily Kincaid)
    4. Silhouette (Janelle Chord)
    5. Iceman (Robert Drake)
    6. Ricochet (Johnathan Gallo)
    SUPPORT STAFF
    7. Doctor Cecilia Reyes
    8. Prodigy (David Alleyne)
    9. Zero (Kenji Uedo)
    10. Wallflower (Laurie Collins)
    11. Triage (Christopher Muse)
    VILLAINS
    12. Leper Queen
    13. Hate-Monger (Josh Glenn)
    Excellent tie-ins here! I dig Atlantis Attacked as a nice inversion of the classic event title, and I was not expecting X-Men Silver but that’s quite a lineup!

I’m all in on World War Zemo and starting to lay ground for the event in my own books this month!