Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I don't see any way the FF isn't part of this thing. With a US Senator and a base that's a US installation, the FF seem like pretty good fits here. I just might go for all four (see what I did there) issues as tie-ins. I can already see the team splitting up and being on different sides. This sounds like a lot of fun. Would the tie-ins be staring with the next month's issues? I can go immediately as I just finished up a six-part written fpor the trade epic in FF.

Great! There’s a lot of enthusiasm so let’s kick it off starting next month!

Here’s a preview of issue #1.

CIVIL WAR #1
    Plot by EXCITER
    Written by FRANK MILLER & ALAN MOORE
    Art by SEAN GORDON MURPHY & MIKE MIGNOLA
    “CRY HAVOC”
    Clouds gather in the skies over Washington D.C., forming the image of King Thor, who speaks with a voice of thunder. He proclaims that this land, and it’s leaders, have chosen their allies poorly. As such, he delivers an ultimatum. The United States of America must immediately sever its alliance with Vanaheim, end all material support to Freyja and her allies, withdraw all forces from the other Eight Realms, surrender all Bifrost technology currently in the nation’s possession, pay reparations to Asgard, and submit to Asgardian inspections to ensure compliance with these terms. Refusal to submit, he warns, will force his hand... and hammer.
    General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross fumes. America has never kowtowed to the demands of undemocratic foreign tyrants, and it never will. The Vanir, he believes, were justified in throwing off the shackles of Asgardian oppression. America will not abandon them and will never submit.
    ”So you have chosen... war.”
    Americans are called to defend their nation - and Steve Rogers has never failed to answer that call. Who will join him, and who will side with Thor?
    A war begins that will tear apart nations, realms, and friendships. And as the fighting starts, there will be nothing civil about it...
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Do we have to spend points as per usual for the tie-in mini?

Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Count me in!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Do we have to spend points as per usual for the tie-in mini?
    Nope, they’re free as part of the event!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Awesome!

Nope, they’re free as part of the event!
    Lovely! In that case, I'll cash in 20 points from Ultimates for the “All New, All Different” reward.

Out of the chaos of the Civil War comes a new ongoing: Thunderbolts! More details as they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Lovely! In that case, I'll cash in 20 points from Ultimates for the “All New, All Different” reward.

Out of the chaos of the Civil War comes a new ongoing: Thunderbolts! More details as they're available.
    Hell yeah! Events often launch new series and this sounds like the perfect springboard for Thunderbolts!

I've looked at my two books and have come to the conclusion that Fantastic Four will HEAVILY tie-in with Civil War. Four tie-in issues.

As for Amazing Fantasy and Spider-Man, I see one tie-in which really wouldn't hbe that close to the events of the mini-series. This Spidey is focused on Peter being a High School kid and having HS problems. I think I can attack social issues with the subtlety of a Gene Roddenberry.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've looked at my two books and have come to the conclusion that Fantastic Four will HEAVILY tie-in with Civil War. Four tie-in issues.

As for Amazing Fantasy and Spider-Man, I see one tie-in which really wouldn't hbe that close to the events of the mini-series. This Spidey is focused on Peter being a High School kid and having HS problems. I think I can attack social issues with the subtlety of a Gene Roddenberry.
    There’s always room for subtle social commentary!

Just to make sure, is everyone OK with my commentary on issues I'm buying? The goal is to bring forth a bit of humor but not to insult or denigrate anyone's efforts as they are all appreciated.

Just to make sure, is everyone OK with my commentary on issues I'm buying? The goal is to bring forth a bit of humor but not to insult or denigrate anyone's efforts as they are all appreciated.
    I look forward to reading your commentary.

I love your commentary. I think it’s great and shows you really read the solicitations and thought about them enough to discuss them!

I chortle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Okay, so I’m going to make a big twenty-point cash-in from THE MIGHTY THOR for the “To me, my Plotters!” reward! This will result in a “line-wide event” book where plotters of other books have the option of tying in!

This will be our first line-wide event since the relaunch and I’m hoping it will be a special one. I’d like to invite all plotters to participate.
    Are you ready… for CIVIL WAR?!?

This is CIVIL WAR, AOM style! Captain America on one side. Thor on the other. Whose side are you on?

If you’ve been following THE MIGHTY THOR, you know that there’s been a huge war within the Nine Realms for most of the series. Lady Freyja, Thor’s mother, stabbed her husband at Thor’s wedding and facilitated an invasion of Asgard. Odin’s loyalists were forced from the Realm. Meanwhile, the United States, due in part to the influence of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, had already declared war on Asgard after Thor attacked a military outpost to liberate the Hulk. Their mutual enemies led the United States of America to form an alliance with Freyja and support her side in the so-called Götterdämmerung War. They were winning, but ever since a wounded Odin passed the crown to his son, Thor has reorganized his armies and is striking back at the enemies of Asgard in what has come to be known as the Járngreipr Offensive! The problem is… one of those enemies is now the U.S.A! Thor is preparing to attack America and Captain America won’t let anyone, even a friend, bring war to his shores or threaten the lives of American soldiers for any reason!

The Sides of the Civil War:

THOR
    The Asgardian Aesir – Royalty in exile, led by King Thor.
    The Frost Giants of Jotunheim, led by Loki.
    The Dwarves of the three surviving Kingdoms of Nidavelir, led by Norðri, Suðri, and Austri.
    The Light Elves of Alfheim, led by Queen Aelsa Featherwine.
    The Rock Trolls, led by Ulik.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    The Vanir of Vanaheim, led by Queen Freyja and her son Balder the Brave, who now occupy a conquered Asgard.
    The United States of America, perhaps the strongest nation on Midgard and allies of Vanaheim, led militarily by General “Thunderbolt” Ross.
    The undead Draugr of Niffleheim, led by Frey, who in life was Freyja’s father and ruler of Vanaheim.
    The Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, led by the twin assassins Illska and Sārga after Malekith’s death.
    The fire demons of Musphelheim, led by Aldrnari the Incinerator.

TL;DR: America allied with Asgard’s enemies, so Thor and his armies are invading America! Captain America and the U.S. military are fighting back! Your characters can fight elves or dwarves or undead gods!

Rules

The story will be told in a Four-Issue Event Miniseries called CIVIL WAR plotted by me. This will be where the primary story unfolds. During that time, all other plotters are invited to tie-in with their own books. This can be accomplished in the following ways:

(1) Directly. Your book’s monthly solicitation can tie-in to the events of Civil War. The solicitation would look like “BOOK X #18 *Civil War Tie-In*.” All plotters who do this will get one extra reward point for their book.

(2) Stand Alone Tie-Ins. If you don’t want to interrupt the flow of your normal series, you can do a tie-in mini-series (or one shot) of your own. It would be a separate, and second, solicitation submitted using characters you already control and would look like “CHARACTER X: CIVIL WAR #1.” Normal miniseries rules will apply, with the book able to independently earn reward points through the normal ways. Those points will go to the normal title when the miniseries ends (or, if it's a one-shot, the next month).

(3) You can do both those things.

Of course, you don’t have to participate at all if you don’t want to. But, c’mon, it’ll be fun!

You probably know how real Marvel tie-ins work, and I encourage creativity, but remember that the main story will unfold in the CIVIL WAR book itself. So don’t kill Thor or Cap or end the war in your tie-in but instead focus on what your characters are doing in the midst of this event. Best practice would be to run a brief pitch by me for proposed stories so we can coordinate continuity!

I hope everyone is looking forward to and will get hyped for this!

Now, the question I have, if you’re interested: Should the tie-ins start next month? Or should I launch issue #1 of Civil War next month and let the tie-ins start the month after? If you prefer to start next month, should I put an advance preview of issue #1 in this thread so people know exactly what's happening?
    Hope everyone is getting pumped for our first line-wide event, CIVIL WAR next month!

I’m obviously all in for the event. In addition to CIVIL WAR itself, both CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE MIGHTY THOR will be direct tie-in issues, and each book will also have stand-alone tie-ins - CIVIL WAR: WINTER SOLDIER and CIVIL WAR: HULK!

The end of the month is coming, get those solicitations in!