Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    New titles? Sounds very interesting!
    Lol I don't think he's making the official change... yet!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Sales totals for last month are up!!!

Another month in the books!

I will be updating reward points shortly! Also, I’ll be posting the new solicitations very soon!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

This month's solicitations are up!

Registers are open, buy now!

Here is the new official reward points tally. Consider this your punch card, plotters!

AGENTS OF A.R.C.A.N.A.
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

ASTONISHING ANT-MAN AND THE WASP
    ✪✪✪✪

BLACK PANTHER: KING OF WAKANDA
    ✪✪✪

BUCKY BARNES: THE LONG, COLD WINTER

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    ✪✪✪✪

THE ENFORCERS
    ✪✪✪✪

EVERYBODY LOVES HAWK GUY...er, HAWKEYE!

FANTASTIC FOUR
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN
    ✪✪✪

MARVEL SWIMSUIT SPECIAL
    ✪✪✪✪

MOON KNIGHT
    ✪✪✪✪

THE MIGHTY THOR
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

OLD MOON CRONE
    ✪✪✪✪

RUNAWAYS
    ✪✪✪✪

SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK
    ✪✪✪✪

SORCERERS OF THE STARS
    ✪✪✪✪

THE ULTIMATES
    ✪✪✪✪

UNCANNY X-MEN
    ✪✪✪✪
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Since next month’s books will be posted in October, you know what that means: a holiday special!!! I’m happy to announce AOM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1!

As in the past, it will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since its a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, its a celebration!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of any writer and artist from history - including those who have passed beyond the veil!

Sound cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Since next month’s books will be posted in October, you know what that means: a holiday special!!! I’m happy to announce AOM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1!

As in the past, it will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since its a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, its a celebration!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of any writer and artist from history - including those who have passed beyond the veil!

Sound cool?
    I think there's a Lee, Kriby, Sinnott, Simek story for the FF in there somewhere.

Any yes, quite cool.

Wiki update:

First of all: in strange news, I've discovered at least four instances (1,2,3,4) where routine edits from me somehow instead transformed the page into, apparently, pages from random other Wikis. I don't pretend to understand why or how, but if you come across any pages with unrelated gibberish, just check the History tab to check if a similar glitch happened that you can easily undo.

More excitingly: I've performed a minor miracle of internet archaeology. Behold, the April 2014 AoM Bullpen, AoM May 2012, AoM April 2014, and New Dawn April 2014! It seems decidedly unlikely that there's more where these came from, but I found it quite interesting to examine what little I could recover from the depths of the Wayback Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Wiki update:

First of all: in strange news, I've discovered at least four instances (1,2,3,4) where routine edits from me somehow instead transformed the page into, apparently, pages from random other Wikis. I don't pretend to understand why or how, but if you come across any pages with unrelated gibberish, just check the History tab to check if a similar glitch happened that you can easily undo.

More excitingly: I've performed a minor miracle of internet archaeology. Behold, the April 2014 AoM Bullpen, AoM May 2012, AoM April 2014, and New Dawn April 2014! It seems decidedly unlikely that there's more where these came from, but I found it quite interesting to examine what little I could recover from the depths of the Wayback Machine.

Wow. Thanks H-E-D. Looking back at some of these solicits from 2012 makes me nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wow. Thanks H-E-D. Looking back at some of these solicits from 2012 makes me nostalgic.
    Incredible! And still going strong. Thanks for the internet magic H-E-D. And Marv, thanks for the dedication! I think only you and GH can claim a legacy that long!

Lightbulb

Just a bit of late-night worldbuilding here...

I've literally had the idea for these in my head (and on my computer) for six years at the very least. Almost verbatim, actually.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-15-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Nice H-E-D!

Man, digging up those old solicits... I forget that I did so many of WBNATHC, and had completely forgotten that I had Rivers Cuomo as the co-writer. Dang.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Just a bit of late-night worldbuilding here...

I've literally had the idea for these in my head (and on my computer) for six years at the very least. Almost verbatim, actually.
    You are the true heir of Hickman! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Man, digging up those old solicits... I forget that I did so many of WBNATHC, and had completely forgotten that I had Rivers Cuomo as the co-writer. Dang.
    That was one if the titles that first caught my eye when I first discovered AoM and was a mere purchaser. Classic stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Nice H-E-D!

I was looking back at the crossovers, the titles, we really did some pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Shame to see it go. I much preferred your imaginative take on Lunella to Marvel’s. At least you’ve still got Fantastic Four, which is a certified hit!

AoM also has a lot of A-list openings if you’d like to try something different. I could see you doing excellent stuff with a certain friendly neighborhood character, for example.
    Although Old Moon Crone is ending with November's issue 12, December shall see the advent of Amazing Fantasy 1. There's a strip about a new hero, Spider-Man along with old-style monster and fantasy stories. A creative team is being investigated, but the 12 characters I am drafting are:

Peter Parker
    Ben Parker
    May Parker
    Gwen Stacy
    MJ Watson
    J Jonah Jameson
    Flash Thompson
    Dr Octopus
    Vulture
    Lizard
    Rhino
    Mysterio

Be sure to pick up the Halloween special as it will include a prelude to the Spider-Man series.

Hopefully everyone is OK with this development.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Although Old Moon Crone is ending with November's issue 12, December shall see the advent of Amazing Fantasy 1. There's a strip about a new hero, Spider-Man along with old-style monster and fantasy stories. A creative team is being investigated, but the 12 characters I am drafting are:

Peter Parker
    Ben Parker
    May Parker
    Gwen Stacy
    MJ Watson
    J Jonah Jameson
    Flash Thompson
    Dr Octopus
    Vulture
    Lizard
    Rhino
    Mysterio

Be sure to pick up the Halloween special as it will include a prelude to the Spider-Man series.

Hopefully everyone is OK with this development.
    I have already drafted the Rhino. Aside from him, all the other characters appear to be available.
    Last edited by KC; 09-22-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I have already drafted the Rhino. Aside from him, all the other characters appear to be available.
    Apologies. I have replaced him with Vermin. I will also be using J.M. Dematteis as writer on the book. Artist is still up in the air.

Peter Parker
    Ben Parker
    May Parker
    Gwen Stacy
    MJ Watson
    J Jonah Jameson
    Flash Thompson
    Dr Octopus
    Vulture
    Lizard
    Vermin
    Mysterio

And would anyone have a problem with a backup stort of fantasy/horror/scifi with a different creative team every issue that does not use any set characters?
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 09-22-2019 at 04:40 PM.