Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    With issue #4 in, we can officially call it a wrap on Negation! I’m happy to have delivered this extra-sized event on time (mostly) and under-budget (aka for free).

I’m immensely grateful to everyone that read the series. A big thank you to everyone who wrote tie-ins! It was a lot of premise, with a fair amount of off-the-beaten-path properties mixed in. I have now officially tricked all of you into writing CrossGen fanfiction! I’m guessing you never expected to be doing that.

Special thanks goes to nx01a, who loaned me Annihilus on the condition I not break him, and who did not offer any complaints when I ended up doing exactly that. (I fixed him! He might know Kung-fu now!)

As always, I’m tremendously impressed by the work Exciter does for us. On top of this massive event, I also dropped *two* additional anthologies on him with little warning. You all might not know this, but we actually first did collaborative fiction together a literal decade ago! So, thank you, Gurt (as I first knew him), for always being willing to pick up my nonsense and run with it.

Negation marks the end of a long-form story I’ve been telling since I joined AOM, back with Sorcerers of the Stars #1. Now, did I always know how exactly this was going to end? Hell no. In fact, I was originally going to end SotS at issue #17! When I realized that a legacy #25 was in sight due to the Civil War tie-ins, I pushed it to #21. Then I realized that those extra few issues could be the on-ramp to something bigger... and the rest is history.

I have made you all roll with some true nugu pulls during this odyssey. Obviously, we had CrossGen coming in strong. But there was also Crystar! Futura! Krugarr! The Master of the Sun! And that’s not even mentioning the stuff in Ultimates.

I’d also like to add that I was actually the first to propose a Annihilation sequel involving a malevolent magical threat that can attack from anywhere, Al Ewing, if you’re listening.

If this all seems to have an elegiacal tone to it, that’s because I’m probably not going to be as involved for the foreseeable future as I have been until now. Speaking truthfully, I’m tired!

I have ADHD, which basically means I alternate between all my focus being on a project, and having no focus at all. I’ve relied on hyperfocusing to get a *lot* of my solicits done — I actually wrote the first 16 issues or so of both Ultimates and SotS within a few weeks on submitting the first issues to this project! But it’s not something I can rely on, which is why for the past year or so I’ve been a little spotty.

To confirm what I’ve said before: my tenure on both Sorcerers of the Stars and The Ultimates has come to a close. I’m officially letting go of all my claims for SotS. (I’m still sorting through the cast of Ultimates and Negation, to who I’ll hold onto for my next project). I leave AOM Cosmic in the very able hands of kalai!
    Thanks for the great series!
    The Negation is really the big event Crossgen Comics should get!

Sometimes an AOM creation is so good that others wish to carry on the legacy. So it is with H-E-D’s Sorcerers of the Stars! Kalai has informed me that he will be shaking up his own titles in order to plot a continued SotS!

More info to come, but here’s the preliminary pitch:

SORCERERS OF THE STARS
    Plotter:a kalai
    Writer: Jim Starlin
    Artist: Ron Lim
    Concept: An interstellar band of magicians fight mystical threats to galactic civilization.
    Starring:
    1. Peter Quill (Master of the Sun)
    2. Gamora
    3. Adam Warlock
    4. Darklore of ?
    5. Moondragon, of Titan
    6. Rocket, of Half World
    7. Groot, of Planet X
    8. Drax the Destroyer
    Supporting Cast:
    9. Thanos
    10. Maya Teraxtola
    11. Protege
    Antagonists:
    12. Man-Beast (Omega)
    13. Milos Abyss (Count Abyss)
    14. Dragon of the Moon
    15. Lord Mar-Vell
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I’m thrilled and honored to have kalai bringing in this bold new era of Sorcerers of the Stars! It’s always been a book I’d hoped would continue on beyond my time on it.

Happy to also announce that nx01a has cashed in for a third title!

DEVIANT
    Concept: The Celestials created Eternal, Deviant, human, and something else. Something that just woke up. Can a crack squad of Deviants stop it from destroying humanity? Do they want to?
    Plotter: NX01A
    Writter: AL EWING
    Artist: JASON FABOK
    Cover Artist: SIMON BISLEY
    Cast: Kor, Blackwulf (Lucian), Ransak the Reject, Karkas, Thena, Sersi
    Supporting Cast: Brother Toad, Ghaur, Ikaris & various Eternals
    Enemies: Delta Strain (original creations), Donald and Deborah Ritter (Dark Angel)
    Locations: City of Toads, Found Lemuria, Asteroid X, various Eternal cities
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Glad to see that more creative titles are being added to AoM.

Also wanted to let everyone know that there is a running subplot that began in Dark Intelligence and will be running throughout Iron Man, Black Panther and Agents of Fury. Basically, new, undetectable LMDs have been programmed to infiltrate society at all levels including heroes and villains.

So if anyone wants to use LMDs in any of their storylines feel free and whatever LMDs you use will be independent of whatever I have going on with my titles. The only caveat is that you can only use LMDs of characters in your own titles or characters you add. Now if plotters want to collaborate with each other to use LMDs of characters outside their title then I'm sure that you can work that out.

This subplot will carry on for quite sometime, perhaps a year or longer but it will be self-contained in my titles so that no one feels obligated to keep pace with what I have planned. So if you're interested, use an LMD or two on me.

One other thing, the LMDs don't know that they are LMDs. They think of that they are the real person that they are replacing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Happy to also announce that nx01a has cashed in for a third title!

DEVIANT
    Concept: The Celestials created Eternal, Deviant, human, and something else. Something that just woke up. Can a crack squad of Deviants stop it from destroying humanity? Do they want to?
    Plotter: NX01A
    Writter: AL EWING
    Artist: JASON FABOK
    Cover Artist: SIMON BISLEY
    Cast: Kor, Blackwulf (Lucian), Ransak the Reject, Karkas, Thena, Sersi
    Supporting Cast: Brother Toad, Ghaur, Ikaris & various Eternals
    Enemies: Delta Strain (original creations), Donald and Deborah Ritter (Dark Angel)
    Locations: City of Toads, Found Lemuria, Asteroid X, various Eternal cities
    Looks interesting! Good to see Lucian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’m thrilled and honored to have kalai bringing in this bold new era of Sorcerers of the Stars! It’s always been a book I’d hoped would continue on beyond my time on it.
    It's my honor to continue the awesome book!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Glad to see that more creative titles are being added to AoM.

Also wanted to let everyone know that there is a running subplot that began in Dark Intelligence and will be running throughout Iron Man, Black Panther and Agents of Fury. Basically, new, undetectable LMDs have been programmed to infiltrate society at all levels including heroes and villains.

So if anyone wants to use LMDs in any of their storylines feel free and whatever LMDs you use will be independent of whatever I have going on with my titles. The only caveat is that you can only use LMDs of characters in your own titles or characters you add. Now if plotters want to collaborate with each other to use LMDs of characters outside their title then I'm sure that you can work that out.

This subplot will carry on for quite sometime, perhaps a year or longer but it will be self-contained in my titles so that no one feels obligated to keep pace with what I have planned. So if you're interested, use an LMD or two on me.
    Secret LMD Invasion! I can dig it.

Who Do You Trust? Your Friends? Your Neighbors? Your Family, Even You Could Be An LMD!

The QUIET WAR Begins In Negation: Dark Intelligence And Silently Continues In Agents of Fury, Black Panther: King of Wakanda, Invincible Iron Man And The New Ongoing Dark Intelligence.

Be Careful Of Who You Trust. Or Sleep With.

AVENGERS(?) ASSEMBLE!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-25-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Mutants Are Hated And Feared Around The World. So They Unite Together As Family And Embrace Their Homo Superiority. But Are You Sure That Is A Mutant Dancing Next To You As You Celebrate On Krakoa? LMDs Are Family Too.

The QUIET WAR Begins In Negation: Dark Intelligence And Silently Continues In Agents of Fury, Black Panther: King of Wakanda, Invincible Iron Man And The New Ongoing Dark Intelligence.

Be Careful Of Who You Trust Or Call Mutant. Or Sleep With.

To Me My X-Men(?)!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-25-2021 at 09:40 AM.

They Are The Greatest Heroes The World Has Ever Known, Loved And Adored By All. But Are They Really?

Be Careful Of Who You Trust Or Call Family. Or Sleep With.

The World's Greatest Heroes, The Fantastic Four(?)

These promos have me questioning if I'm an LMD or not...

What If....?

With all the books and work this Exciter is putting out, I vote for keeping the LMD.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?