Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,356

    Default Invisible Woman #2 SPOILERS and Review

    Last edited by Crimz; 08-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,356
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    I will be livid if it turns out that he has feelings for Sue. That type of story is that last thing Sue needs and it would not endear me to him.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    black lipstick nat ooo FUCK
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  5. #5
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I will be livid if it turns out that he has feelings for Sue. That type of story is that last thing Sue needs and it would not endear me to him.
    He obviously likes her and is partial to her. I've been watching a lot of Avengers (John Steed version) recently and this pair seems a lot like that. My amateurish knowledge of the spygame would think that flirting to ascertain just exactly your partner feels about you could go a long way towards a better knowledge of how they'd react under pressure. And some guys are flirts.

    But a love thing does seem amateurish writing.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    black lipstick nat ooo FUCK
    So what is this significance?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I will be livid if it turns out that he has feelings for Sue. That type of story is that last thing Sue needs and it would not endear me to him.
    aren't most straight males who encounter Susan attracted to her?
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    I am loving it.

    Of course one thing I might like more, is to see Sue from different periods, as a spy. Different hair styles, as Susan is long famous for switching it up.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    I'm pleased to see Sue's discontent with Natasha being here. Zero disrespect to Nat -- that's not what I'm about. I like when there is believable angst between shared (super)community members that doesn't immediately jump to face punching etc.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    aren't most straight males who encounter Susan attracted to her?
    But that's messed up. It's like that thing where people say men and women can't be just friends.
    Every man shouldn't be attracted to Sue. That shouldn't be all there is to the character. There needs be some more focus on their friendship and why they are friends if I am to be invested in Sue wanting to rescue him.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    But that's messed up. It's like that thing where people say men and women can't be just friends.
    Every man shouldn't be attracted to Sue. That shouldn't be all there is to the character. There needs be some more focus on their friendship and why they are friends if I am to be invested in Sue wanting to rescue him.
    sure. but I don't think that his attraction to Sue says anything about Sue, herself. you make it sound like a character flaw in Sue. but it's a weakness of male characters who interact with her. Scott Lang was attracted to Sue but simply didn't act upon it (until that Myrmidon nonsense). but I can't think of any real male friends that I would attribute to the character besides Ben Grimm. and Ben was still attracted to her.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  12. #12
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    aren't most straight males who encounter Susan attracted to her?
    Four letters. MILF. 'Nuff Said!

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sure. but I don't think that his attraction to Sue says anything about Sue, herself. you make it sound like a character flaw in Sue. but it's a weakness of male characters who interact with her. Scott Lang was attracted to Sue but simply didn't act upon it (until that Myrmidon nonsense). but I can't think of any real male friends that I would attribute to the character besides Ben Grimm. and Ben was still attracted to her.
    It's a problem I have with how she's written. I'd prefer that the first friend we see her have that's not associated with the FF not to have a crush on her. I don't want a repeat of the Namor situation.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm pleased to see Sue's discontent with Natasha being here. Zero disrespect to Nat -- that's not what I'm about. I like when there is believable angst between shared (super)community members that doesn't immediately jump to face punching etc.
    The only other time I remember Sue and Natasha even interacting are some Paul Tobin stories.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Four letters. MILF. 'Nuff Said!
    Well... is true lol

    But i had to agreed with Crimz, is better to keep things platonic between then, like Donna and Dick from NTT.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •