Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well... is true lol

But i had to agreed with Crimz, is better to keep things platonic between then, like Donna and Dick from NTT.
    I've already mentioned that a flirtation from her experienced partner could be a good way to gauge exactly how they feel about each other and how they may react to each other in a dangerous situation. And what we have here is a flirtation. IMO, they are John Steed and Catherine Gale (not Emma Peel). The pro and the talented amateur with respect, some resentment and some flirtation. Now flirtation has a wide variety of meanings. I still flirt with my wife's college roommates and that's been going on for decades, but totally innocent. A heavy duty attraction is bad writing, a witty banter without angst adds to color.

I enjoyed this one more than the first. Really enjoyed the dynamic with Natasha and it had some fun moments.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The art in this book continues to amaze me. I absolutely think this book is stunning.

In regards to the story, I like the fact that Tintreach is apparently married. Hopefully, that means there is no romantic interest in Sue on his part. I want to see her as more than someone's love interested.

My favorite part of this issue was how Sue continuously used her powers to turn other objects invisible. I feel like that aspect of her powers are often forgotten or overlooked. Her powers lend herself to spycraft so well. Also, Sue was great by turning the drinks invisible instead of falling for the mob bosses scheme.

BANNED

Very fun and creative use of Sue’s powers, I loved the drink reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The art in this book continues to amaze me. I absolutely think this book is stunning.

In regards to the story, I like the fact that Tintreach is apparently married. Hopefully, that means there is no romantic interest in Sue on his part. I want to see her as more than someone's love interested.

My favorite part of this issue was how Sue continuously used her powers to turn other objects invisible. I feel like that aspect of her powers are often forgotten or overlooked. Her powers lend herself to spycraft so well. Also, Sue was great by turning the drinks invisible instead of falling for the mob bosses scheme.
    Yeah him being married solves my main concern. What's interesting is that he seems to have kept it a secret from Sue for some reason. He's been married before he even met Sue.

It's also really nice to have Sue interact with someone she doesn't usually talk to and isn't affiliated with the Fantastic Four in any way.

I hope for more creative use of her powers in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yeah him being married solves my main concern. What's interesting is that he seems to have kept it a secret from Sue for some reason. He's been married before he even met Sue.

It's also really nice to have Sue interact with someone she doesn't usually talk to and isn't affiliated with the Fantastic Four in any way.

I hope for more creative use of her powers in future issues.
    Maybe he is trying to keep his wife safe by not letting anyone know she exists. It would be a fairly cliché thing to do for a spy, but it could be one possible reason.

I also really enjoyed Natasha and Sue interacting, particularly because it almost felt like Natasha was sizing her up and ended up being impressed or at least seeing justification in Sue being there and acknowledging her talents as a spy.

Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 08-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hate to be that person but I noticed the review thread for this comic and the Future Foundation was started last week. That is against forum rules. Review threads cannot be created until after 9am EST on the day the comic is released.

Forum rules link: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4103626

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hate to be that person but I noticed the review thread for this comic and the Future Foundation was started last week. That is against forum rules. Review threads cannot be created until after 9am EST on the day the comic is released.

They were preview threads before today. The names were changed.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Started as a preview thread. Mods changed it to spoilers/review threads after the allotted time.

That may be true but if you notice, there is a rule against stake claiming. You can't start a review thread as a place holder for the future. You can only start a review thread on the day of the comics release.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Folks, I've been renaming FF related preview threads to spoiler threads once 9 Eastern has passed. There is precedent for this in the old pre-reboot forum when my own FF preview thread was renamed and transmogrified into a review thread by then Marvel mod Joe Acro. It cuts down on the number of new threads created; and from experience some members post spoilers into preview threads once discussion is allowed. I doubt Crimz is posting preview threads with the express intent that they will be repurposed into spoiler threads (with him as the OP), but he is consistent in sniffing out those previews before anyone else and sharing them here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Folks, I've been renaming FF related preview threads to spoiler threads once 9 Eastern has passed. There is precedent for this in the old pre-reboot forum when my own FF preview thread was renamed and transmogrified into a review thread by then Marvel mod Joe Acro. It cuts down on the number of new threads created; and from experience some members post spoilers into preview threads once discussion is allowed. I doubt Crimz is posting preview threads with the express intent that they will be repurposed into spoiler threads (with him as the OP), but he is consistent in sniffing out those previews before anyone else and sharing them here.
    But isn't this getting around the rule against stake claiming? It doesn't give anyone else a chance to start a review thread if you're giving this poster special privilege like this.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We'll handle this via PM so as not to derail this thread, so anyone who has something more to say about this please send PMs to myself and Iron Maiden (and make sure you have enough space in your message box). Thanks.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

wish there were an actual villain in this. hat-wearing skinny guy wasn't exactly memorable.

FML I forgot to pick this up. It was good? Rull rull good y'all? Gaaaaaahh.