Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default Scariest Superhero

There's a wonderful thread going about The Scariest Villain. Let's flip that: Who's The Scariest Hero?

Now I guess there's three versions of that:
    • Scariest To Knowledgeable Supervillains
    • Scariest To Random Crooks
    • Scariest To Your Basic Bystander

Note: this is not about the most powerful, or most dangerous (there's already a thread for that about the JL). This is about who should inspire the most fear.

So. Who among the good guys soils the most undies?
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Swamp Thing probably

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Swamp Thing probably
    Because...?

For knowledgeable supervillains, I'd say probably Batman (the obvious pick) or Martian Manhunter, who has all the powers of Superman but not the overt humanity he does. We as readers know differently, but I could see villains thinking of J'onn as Batman with Superman's power levels.

For random crooks and ordinary citizens, rather than use Batman as a go-to, I'm going out on a limb and saying The Creeper. He's played as a comedic character more often than not anymore, but we're essentially talking about "Pennywise As Superhero" coming after you (or lurking in the shadows as you walk past). That would be terrifying.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    For knowledgeable supervillains, I'd say probably Batman (the obvious pick) or Martian Manhunter, who has all the powers of Superman but not the overt humanity he does. We as readers know differently, but I could see villains thinking of J'onn as Batman with Superman's power levels.

For random crooks and ordinary citizens, rather than use Batman as a go-to, I'm going out on a limb and saying The Creeper. He's played as a comedic character more often than not anymore, but we're essentially talking about "Pennywise As Superhero" coming after you (or lurking in the shadows as you walk past). That would be terrifying.
    Your Creeper answer is excellent!

Bueno Exellante from Hitman
    I have no beef with Vegans

Definitely Deadman:

Mighty Member

Idk about all three categories presented, but personally The Spectre would scare me the most. What can you do against holy retribution? More over, what can you do against holy retribution that rarely has a single ounce of sympathy or humanity? This thing was about the nuke ALL of Gotham in Gotham by Midnight. Men, Women, Children, good people, bad people, every body. It is way more impulsive than other characters motivated by such things, and that is why it is scary.

Mighty Member

WONDER WOMAN!!

She has a lasso who makes you tell her the truth, she is super-strong, she is the one who would kill (MAXWELL LORD), trained in battle and she has a powerful sword and knows how to use it..

I mean ask

INJUSTICE WONDER WOMAN and even worse FLASHPOINT WONDER WOMAN!!!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Spectre. If you see the Spectre coming for you, you're gonna need a change of pants.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The Spectre. If you see the Spectre coming for you, you're gonna need a change of pants.
    I could imagine an alternative reality where the Spectre had his own franchise of 80s slasher movies.

He probably would be an ideal candidate for a low budget DCEU horror film.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

You know, it seems to me that Batman terrifies the random bystander, and most of the common criminals. The supervillains, however, tend to relish locking horns with him.

I have to agree that The Spectre is also a worthy choice.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Superman by the number of times he can get brainwashed or infected, at the top of my head by Doomsday, Wrath, Darkseid, Max Lord, Eclipso, Joker... I mean yeah other heroes get brainwashed too but he's the most dangerous when turned

Batman by his aura of goth predator drama

Spectre because he likes to be giant and scary

Swamp Thing if you don't know who he is since he also has a habit appearing suddenly and in the dark or from the moss in your bathroom and looking like children's broccoli puke for the past 100 years

Retired

I imagine the Spectre when he's at his most powerful and vengeful is the most frightening super-hero of them all. But among the ghosts, Deadman is pretty creepy, too. Because no one ever sees him--unless he happens to be in Nanda Parbat. The reader sees him but the characters in the story never do. Deadman takes over the body of a person and speaks through them. So to everyone in the world, he's simply a concept and nothing they can actually see--he could be anywhere at any time--and you don't know if he's going to take over your body. That must be a frightening experience for the people he takes over--they must feel violated. Knowing that something is there but not being able to see it, that's spooky. Given the number of times he teamed up with Deadman, I wonder how Batman was able to deal with it.

That being said, the scariest comic I ever read was SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE No. 77 [G-39], which was a Giant featuring the "Greatest Shockers." So Lois Lane holds the crown as my scream queen.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Because...?
    ......Stank.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-03-2019 at 05:35 PM.