All-New Member

Default Bucky Infinity War

Can someone please help me out with this?

During infinity war Black Panther issues Bucky with a new arm ‘where’s the fight’ ‘on its way’.

Obviously the arm is not a part of his body, merely an attachment. But during the snap, Bucky along with his prosthetic arm dissolves and his gun drops to the floor....... Surely like the gun, his arm should’ve stayed ‘undusted’ as it was not a part of his body!

Anyone know if this is an error or is there a reason for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.1am View Post

During infinity war Black Panther issues Bucky with a new arm ‘where’s the fight’ ‘on its way’.

Obviously the arm is not a part of his body, merely an attachment. But during the snap, Bucky along with his prosthetic arm dissolves and his gun drops to the floor....... Surely like the gun, his arm should’ve stayed ‘undusted’ as it was not a part of his body!

The same reason everyone’s clothes disappeared with them, presumably. Whatever Thanos believed to encompass the whole of someone’s being got dusted.

All-New Member

That’s the most logical way of looking at it and also the way I see it.....
    However, And maybe it’s just me being ‘knit picky’. That arm was only issued hours, maybe a day max before the battle. So in my view it’s not clothing, it’s a weapon so maybe it should have dropped to the floor too?

I completely get that I’m being very cantankerous here but just wondering if anyone was thinking the same? Or could officially explain it?

iMan 42s

That’s the most logical way of looking at it and also the way I see it.....
    However, And maybe it’s just me being ‘knit picky’. That arm was only issued hours, maybe a day max before the battle. So in my view it’s not clothing, it’s a weapon so maybe it should have dropped to the floor too?

I completely get that I’m being very cantankerous here but just wondering if anyone was thinking the same? Or could officially explain it?
    The Infinity Gauntlet in both the comics and films basically turns the wielder into a god. It's dangerous because with a full set of gems one can literally warp reality as they see fit regardless of physics or logic. So if Thanos considered Bucky's arm apart of Bucky then it's apart of him and so it gets dusted. It's the same reason he dusted their clothes as well, it's apart of them even if it isn't literally apart of them. Even in the comics Thanos basically does the same thing when he kills half the universe, it's not like a rapture where stuff gets left behind, he just removes everything (although in the comics it's just blinking out as opposed to dusting).
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

All-New Member

The Doylist reason is if it drops from him, then it'd be difficult to get his hand on it or a replacement five years later when he suddenly rematerializes. Though, now that I mention it, where'd he get a replacement gun?