Default Thanos + Army (Endgame) vs. Hoth (Star Wars)

Thanos with his ship, army and Black Order takes the place of the Empire in its assault on Hoth.

BONUS: The Empire forces from the Hoth battle are ALSO present and helping the rebels defend. Vader is present.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thanos' army is INSANELY more deadly than the Hoth forces. It would trivially stomp the rebels and their Empire allies in this fight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yeah, it’s really not close.

With just the rebels, their best in-atmosphere vehicles are Snowspeeders which are limited to say the least. Outside of that they’re riding fucking Tauntauns FFS!

Thanos and his army would have a field day. Thanos would probably fist-fight the Wampa just to “have his fun” (but it wouldn’t last anywhere near as long as Hulk did).

Maybe, just maybe, the rebels could evacuate, let the invaders land, then torch them all from a capital ship; one of the rebel transports or something; but even then I’m not sure they could take out Thanos, Cull, Maw or the space whales...

With the Empire, they have at least one Star Destroyer. That would help.

I'm pretty sure even the Outriders would win the ground engagement on sheer numbers alone.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The imperial forces include several star destroyers and Vader's own ship, that's a lot of Ties. Once they get involved Thanos gets annihilated.

Rebels are fucked on their own tho.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Thanos’ ship obliterates all of the Empire & Rebel’s groundforces before the Empire has the chance to even send out a squad of TIEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Thanos’ ship obliterates all of the Empire & Rebel’s groundforces before the Empire has the chance to even send out a squad of TIEs.
    That’s assuming that it starts out right on top of the base inside the Echo Base deflector shield and doesn’t get nailed by the ion cannon.

If it does, sure. If not...ehhh.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 08-03-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Cannon not canon
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, theoretically, there's nothing stopping a Star Destroyer or one of the Rebel's interstellar ships from flying at light speed into Thanos's general vicinity, possibly after evacuating first. Thanos' ships can't even try and beat them to the punch, as non-Skrull/Mar-Vell ships explicitly can't go that fast in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Even if it did, Thanos ship is fucked when facing the star destroyers right after.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Even if it did, Thanos ship is fucked when facing the star destroyers right after.
    Well yeah, I figured that was a given. I’m sure his ship is tough as hell but I doubt it’s strong enough to destroy the Empire’s fleet by itself.

But the Thanos vs Empire/Rebel scenario only works if there is no Imperial fleet because if there is one, there’s no reason Thanos’s ground forces should ever reach the surface. Otherwise it’s just Sanctuary 2 vs the Empire’s fleet

Honestly, Sanctuary II is as outmatched against an individual Star Destroyer as the Rebels are against Thanos’ ground forces, maybe more.

I mentioned in Arbiter’s Godzilla vs Hoth thread that the most ultra-conservative estimates of light point-defense turbolasers vaporizing asteroids in ESB work out to 7 kilotons every 3-5 seconds. A standard ISD has 60 such guns in Disney canon (along with heavier batteries for capital ships), Executor has several thousand.

Less conservative estimates rate the turbolasers at several hundred kilotons per shot.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Thanos army might beat the Rebels/Empire ground forces, but only on sheer numbers.

As for comparisons against tie fighters, Thanos aircraft are laughably outmatched, and even more so against the star destroyers.