View Poll Results: Can mutants and humans coexist?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-we can always hope

19 32.20%
  • No-Magneto was right

19 32.20%
  • It depends on what both sides do next

11 18.64%
  • Who cares?! Hickman is finally doing something new

10 16.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Everybody there has been at each other troats at least once, the others fight between themselves regulary.
    And yet, they were still able to put their differences aside and have a wedding without a hitch, however brief it was.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Can they? Yes. Will Marvel do it? No.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Yes, but never completely, but also no, because we need stories.
    And history is a bunny hop dance up stairs that regularly stumbles down said stairs. Then takes a dark age or so to get going. On the bright side Casandra was wrong.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 08-03-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    And history is a bunny hop dance up stairs that regularly stumbles down said stairs. Then takes a dark age or so to get going. On the bright side Casandra was wrong.
    For mutants, it's probably a pogo stick hop up stairs.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

coexistence yeah. peaceful coexistence depends on what you mean by “peaceful”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No, I don't think they can.

Arrow

OP Question - I voted for option three. IMO, It all depends upon what both sides do.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Can they? Yes. Will Marvel do it? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    coexistence yeah. peaceful coexistence depends on what you mean by “peaceful”
    Yeah, I agree.

No, because it's an IP that makes Marvel money, and if mutants ever peacefully coexisted with humans, there would be no more reason for X-Men comics to exist, and no more revenue.

And it would reflect reality, because it wouldn't happen in real life either, because humans still can't peacefully exist with your garden variety non-superpowered humans, let alone mutants.

Humans do not like difference. It is the reason for every "-ism" in existence, because a group of people is different from them.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post

And it would reflect reality, because it wouldn't happen in real life either, because humans still can't peacefully exist with your garden variety non-superpowered humans, let alone mutants.
    Yeah but in real life we have seen US go from having slaves to a black president, We have seen being gay go from being treated as disease and shunned publicly to people comfortable being out in public stage. While from mutants from beginning to now have to fear for their lives, especially the recent years. I am not saying thing have completely gone away being bad for minorities in the real world. But mutants in Marvel seem to be stuck the post slavery "Jim crow era" when the hate shouldn't be that extreme all the time.

But since "Hate and Fear" is the X-men theme now they always have to exaggerate it apparently. When it should be more like Cyclops walks down street and he is fine but Nightcrawler gets hate, Cyclops doesn't get hate walking down the street but Cyclops tries to marry a normal human the girl family would disapprove, Dazzler could be the biggest music star in the world but she would still hear maybe the crew of venue calling her "mutie" and they don't realize she can hear them. The X-men shouldn't be forever in a state where X-men are running for their lives in the US. In real life Morlocks style mutants would get more hate where as more regular looking mutants would slide under the radar, Mutants from Genosha would be hated trying to cross the border into the US, The X-men would be celebrities and wouldn't be treated the same as other mutants but on occasion they will get remind that oh yeah they are mutants (ala Asap Rocky being reminded that he is black in Sweden). They would be things that would cause flare up like mutant cause 9/11 but after awhile the hate actually lessens.

The biggest problem with X-men they make thing so bad they can't live among humans, X-men is at its best imo when mutants are living among humans and they are just near the boiling point conflict between human and mutants.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-03-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I could happen... if Marvel hired some writers who had the creativity to not write the same old extinction stories over and over again.

One reason why I liked the original Excalibur so much was that most of the stories were NOT based on humans hating mutants. The earlier writers (Davis et al) had the creativity and writing chops to come up with other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah but in real life we have seen US go from having slaves to a black president,
    And gunned down while unarmed, choked to death, etc. A black person can be in their own apartment and get killed by an intruder who claims not to remember where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We have seen being gay go from being treated as disease and shunned publicly to people comfortable being out in public stage.
    We still see gay people being the victims of hate and allies being killed,

https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-cu...website-russia

This is as recently as eight days ago.

Transgendered people being murdered,

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...e-more-arrests
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-2019-64558062

the latter article is from nine days ago. Examples of what I'm saying can be found in the last two weeks.

And these are regular non-superpowered humans whose only "crime" is being different. Now, add mutant powers on top of it and I stand by what I said.

Human beings do not like other human beings who are different from them.
    Last edited by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom; 08-03-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post

And these are regular non-superpowered humans whose only "crime" is being different. Now, add mutant powers on top of it and I stand by what I said.

Human beings do not like other human beings who are different from them.
    My point isn't lessened by real life. It is because of real life improvements I can say it. Mutants/Human issues never improve in Marvel when they do improve in real life. Mutants where being hunted in "the US" in Uncanny if they had wrote Uncanny happening in another country it could have made sense. My point is along with the bad they are also huge steps forward. I clear stated because things are improving doesn't make it all better. Hate is always going to be there .Yes. The level of hate not so much. Marvel "hate" is dial up way pass "real life" hate and yes you can find examples in other countries where the hate is still similar to Marvel's mutant hatred but we have examples that over time in those countries things improve.

The mutant hate shouldn't be on scale that it is in Marvel. Mutants and Humans would be coexisting with spots of hatred, Not universally mutants are being hunted and have nowhere to hide but in limbo or mutant only island. If they are saying the clusters nations of the world that hunting mutants that makes sense. What does not make sense is mutants saving the world and they not being a strong counter argument to leave them alone. The hate should be more subtle like people would cheer for University of Alabama football team but still not like minorities. People would have friends who are minorities but still be prejudicial to minorities. I am saying hate/fear should exists I am saying that entire human race shouldn't turn into the Klan/Nazi at the drop of dime in Marvel.

No, long live Krakoa.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The humans who want to co exist with mutants will do so with no problem but the racist ones will continue to be a thorn at mutant side
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account