View Poll Results: Can mutants and humans coexist?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-we can always hope

19 32.20%
  • No-Magneto was right

19 32.20%
  • It depends on what both sides do next

11 18.64%
  • Who cares?! Hickman is finally doing something new

10 16.95%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    No... I asked how do humans tell the difference between a Mutant and a Inhuman?
    Inhumans smell like fart cloud. Easy.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I voted yes, but I'm an idealist. While I know that such dreams are never perfectly realized, working towards them improves the world a bit at a time. In fact, I'd say the most hopeless of dreams are often the ones most worthy of pursuit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Inhumans smell like fart cloud. Easy.
    That was weak!

Yes, but not really. prejudice will always exist

BANNED

Nope, nope, nope
    Mutants are an entire race of weapons, some are good but some are bad.
    We are fans and love these characters but in reality we would hate them, no matter how much anybody tries to deny it.
    People fear other people for their religion, country of origin, skin color but mutants have reasons to be feared, they can be dangerous and in reality most of them would use their gifts for selfish reasons, some if not most will be outright evil.
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-03-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Nope, nope, nope
    Mutants are an entire race of weaposn, some are good but some are bad.
    We are fans and love these characters but in reality we would hate them, no matter how much anybody tries to deny it.
    People fear other people for their relgion, contry of origin, skin color ubt mutants have reasons to be feared, they can be dangerous and in reality most of them would use their gifts for selfish reasons, some if not most will be outright evil.
    As evil as humanity as a whole can be, but with greater means to do harm to others. Really, that's probably the reason humans truly fear and hate mutants, because they recognize on some level that mutants are as human as they are, and that given the same kind of power, they would be no better than they see mutants as being.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As evil as humanity as a whole can be, but with greater means to do harm to others. Really, that's probably the reason humans truly fear and hate mutants, because they recognize on some level that mutants are as human as they are, and that given the same kind of power, they would be no better than they see mutants as being.
    recall that Marvels touched on this fear-mongering idea of:

“Mutants are the next stage of human evolution.”

“Mutants will replace us.”

And this fear manifests into a deep-cutting anger, hate, etc. So while we do see mutates like Hulk getting chased by the army and Spider-Man being called a menace by Jameson, with mutants, I think it goes further considering how Magneto was a Jewish Holocaust survivor and Wolverine even mentions this Jew/mutant parallel in Secret Wars:

This is alongside the fact that X-Men creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are Jewish. I also think it’s more apparent now than back then with how malicious sentences such as “You will not replace us.”/“Jews will not replace us.” have been given more attention in the media in recent times.

I'm sure if Earth-616 was allowed to be given the same progress that our Earth has gotten since the 1960s, in which black people and other minorities have managed to become celebrities and other widely-known figures that are respected by and large in 2019, then I'm sure the X-Men's situation would be quite different, but alas, the status quo remains for the sake of continuing the X-Men's narrative.

Yes. Anyone can coexist it just depends on whose willing to compromise and on what. I think humans could live a life of wonder with their mutant brethen. I wish there was like a statistic in the mu on how many human deaths occur when mutants manifest vs other types of accidents/murders in the M.U. Though granted a mutant manifesting can do wide damage that seems to have been rare.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

To the people saying “no because then we wouldn’t have stories”- can you answer as if this weren’t the case? Like from an in story perspective, do you think mutants and humans can coexist?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    To the people saying “no because then we wouldn’t have stories”- can you answer as if this weren’t the case? Like from an in story perspective, do you think mutants and humans can coexist?
    Humans can't coexist with humans, what makes you think they can coexist with humans with superpowers.?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    How does the average human tell the difference between Mutants like Beast and Nightcrawler and Inhumans like Gorgon and Triton?
    A lot of Mutants don’t conceal that they are mutants- “mutant pride” if you will.

But yes without any sort of verification some mutants may be indiscernible from inhumans or
    Other superheroes. That’s kinda the point though and what often makes it irrational belief. People will only hate them if they find out they’re mutant (read: gay/a certain religion/trans/ethnicity/<insert other minority that you Can’t necessarily tell just by looking at someone>).9
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Humans can't coexist with humans, what makes you think they can coexist with humans with superpowers.?
    Are you talking about in comics or real life?

As far as my personal opinion- humans often o do coexist. Sure sometimes they don’t. The thing is if some can coexist, then there’s hope that others can too if they become more educated, exposed, cultured, or whatever the case may be.

BANNED

Are you talking about in comics or real life?
    Both, the Avenger fight other non mutant superheroes all the time and in real life humans have killed each other for the smallest details since the dawn of our species

As far as my personal opinion- humans often o do coexist. Sure sometimes they don’t. The thing is if some can coexist, then there’s hope that others can too if they become more educated, exposed, cultured, or whatever the case may be.
    We don't coexist, there are super powerful contries, autorities, laws that mantain order because people fear them, people obey by force. And even countries/autirities fight each other all the time.
    the closest thing there is no peace and coexistence is when someone stronger dominates everybody else.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Everybody there has been at each other troats at least once, the others fight between themselves regulary.