Astonishing Member

Default What's next for "Infinity Warps"?

The last issues involving the Infinity Warps has been crazy, and that's very little considering how crazy the warps turned on the last issue, first with 4 in one, and then 8 in one. As usual, the door was left open with the potential villain for the next story with these guys. And this made me think about a few things.

It's obvious that Korvos "the God Titan" is a warp between Korvac and Thanos. (Very clever, actually, as I was thinking Thanos should be merged only with Galactus). Funny thing, he said he would look for the equivalent of the Soul Gem inside the Mergiverse, but in front of his "computer console" he seemed to already have something like the Infinity stones (6 stones with rainbow colors). But anyway, the question is what it could happen next; weel, I have a suspiction.

First of all, the Infinity Stones could exist in the Mergiverse, but how? Well, as everything is combined here, I suppose the Infinity Stones could be merged too between them. I mean, think about this:
    + Time/Space Stone: Combining two stones which share an obvious link, as Time and Space are very usually linked together.
    + Soul/Power Stone: It's very appropiated than in a world where each soul is actually 2 in 1, their power is quite superior in all senses.
    + Mind/Reality Stone: Mind over matter, and imagination is usually what help anyone to change our perception of Reality itself.

Well, anyway, the point is that Korvos could cause the equivalent to the original Infinity War inside the Mergiverse. Just like Thanos, Korvos could look for restore "balance" to the universe in his insane way. But unlike Thanos, who wanted to eliminate half of the life in the universe, maybe Korvos could want to do "something else". With this, I mean he could want NOT to eradicate half of the universe (as the universe already is half of it), but "fix" some of its warps. I mean, I'm pretty sure some of you have noticed that some of the warps we saw didn't have sense. For example:

+ Dr Morgan Erskine: Abraham Erskine + Morgan le Fay. Wouldn't have been more logical to combine Dr Erskine with the Ancient One?
    + Punisher Pack: No matter how you see it, combine someone like Frank Castle with a team of little kids like Power Pack is wrong at all levels.
    + Warrior Machines Three: I believe some of this warps are wrong, as Happy Hogan should be one of its members; while Pepper should be combined with Jane Foster.
    + Stane Odinson: It's obvious Stane should have been merged with Loki here.

So, maybe Korvos' goal will be to fix these "wrong warps" into something more stable for the Universe. I believe some fixes has been already produced; as before the "Eye of Agamoshtur", we had the "Eye of Agamodin". Deadpool has been warped twice (with H.E.R.B.I.E. and Doop, just like Blade (with Misty Knight and Elsa Bloodstone). So, Korvos MAY want to "fix" these errors, which could technically "kill half of the universe" to replace it with different people.

So, what do you think?

You have a point there about Jane Hogan. When she becomes Iron Hammer, her backstory is a combination of Jane Foster (replaces existing hero), Rescue (gets her own armor to look after the original), and War Machine (this happens just after Stark gets addicted to booze). The only thing she got from Happy, was being overweight! Happy Hogan would probably make more sense merged with Volstagg.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You have a point there about Jane Hogan. When she becomes Iron Hammer, her backstory is a combination of Jane Foster (replaces existing hero), Rescue (gets her own armor to look after the original), and War Machine (this happens just after Stark gets addicted to booze). The only thing she got from Happy, was being overweight! Happy Hogan would probably make more sense merged with Volstagg.
    You can say that again, pal.

I'm just disappointed that Kamala Kang never got a chance to do anything beyond a gag one-shot.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm just disappointed that Kamala Kang never got a chance to do anything beyond a gag one-shot.
    Maybe the next adventure they make for the Infinity Warps. Personally, I believe "Ms Kang" could create her own team of teen superheroes combining the Young Avengers (created by Iron Lad, and alternative version of Kang) and the Champions (founded by Kamala as Miss Marvel). It's a little complicate to combine some of the characters, however. We could have:
    + A Patriot who combines both Elijah Bradley and Rayshaun Lucas.
    + Hulkling (Ted Altman) with Hulk/Brawn (Amadeus Cho).

Cassie Land (as Stinger) could be combined with Wasp (Nadia van Dyne), but since Scott Lang and Bruce Banner are combined into "Little Monster", maybe Cassie should be combined with Scorpion (Camilla Black), who is a daughter of Hulk.

BANNED

Yeah I really didn't get this decision. Jane Potter would make so much more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The Champions and Young Avengers as a whole were neglected, as everyone else got even less. Ironheart was merged with Shuri, but Shuriri only appeared in one of Ghost Panther's Infinity Warps issues. None of the others have even had their Warps revealed.

Speaking of which...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Maybe the next adventure they make for the Infinity Warps. Personally, I believe "Ms Kang" could create her own team of teen superheroes combining the Young Avengers (created by Iron Lad, and alternative version of Kang) and the Champions (founded by Kamala as Miss Marvel). It's a little complicate to combine some of the characters, however. We could have:
    + A Patriot who combines both Elijah Bradley and Rayshaun Lucas.
    + Hulkling (Ted Altman) with Hulk/Brawn (Amadeus Cho).

Cassie Land (as Stinger) could be combined with Wasp (Nadia van Dyne), but since Scott Lang and Bruce Banner are combined into "Little Monster", maybe Cassie should be combined with Scorpion (Camilla Black), who is a daughter of Hulk.
    Scorpions have stingers too, so that's a good call. I wouldn't combine Miles Morales with a Young Avenger either - he should be merged with Black Knight, justifying him sharing the Arachknight name.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-04-2019 at 03:09 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The Champions and Young Avengers as a whole were neglected, as everyone else got even less. Ironheart was merged with Shuri, but Shuriri only appeared in one of Ghost Panther's Infinity Warps issues. None of the others have even had their Warps revealed.

Speaking of which...
    Scorpions have stingers too, so that's a good call. I wouldn't combine Miles Morales with a Young Avenger either - he should be merged with Black Knight, justifying him sharing the Arachknight name.
    Actually, my idea for Miles was a little different. When the Champions went into Weirdworld, Miles became "Shadow Spider", a character who (along with his powers) he has a cloak that allowed him to teleport himself through the shadows, just like... Well... Cloak. Then I remembered that Spider-Gwen has baillerina's shoes; and Dagger wished to become one. So, my idea was to combine Miles and Spider-Gwen with Cloak and Dagger.

Yes, I know Cloak and Dagger were already used, but it's obvious some warps in the mergiverse are "unstable" and they have been modified from the first issue. For example, the Eye of Agamoshtur was originally "the Eye of Agamodin"; but that was changed. So, it means other warps can be modified in the future too.

Comics Gwen doesn't have ballerina shoes - that was a modification to her otherwise comic accurate costume in the Spider-Verse movie.

Astonishing Member

Comics Gwen doesn't have ballerina shoes - that was a modification to her otherwise comic accurate costume in the Spider-Verse movie.
    Well, anyway, it can still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Actually, my idea for Miles was a little different. When the Champions went into Weirdworld, Miles became "Shadow Spider", a character who (along with his powers) he has a cloak that allowed him to teleport himself through the shadows, just like... Well... Cloak. Then I remembered that Spider-Gwen has baillerina's shoes; and Dagger wished to become one. So, my idea was to combine Miles and Spider-Gwen with Cloak and Dagger.

Yes, I know Cloak and Dagger were already used, but it's obvious some warps in the mergiverse are "unstable" and they have been modified from the first issue. For example, the Eye of Agamoshtur was originally "the Eye of Agamodin"; but that was changed. So, it means other warps can be modified in the future too.
    A good candidate for a Miles fusion could be Robbie Reyes, their origin stories both involve their uncles doing something illegal that results in them getting their powers. It's not much, but a lot of the warps didn't have much in common. Plus it offers some cool visuals a giant burning spider, webs made of fire, and a penance stare through eight eyes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    A good candidate for a Miles fusion could be Robbie Reyes, their origin stories both involve their uncles doing something illegal that results in them getting their powers. It's not much, but a lot of the warps didn't have much in common. Plus it offers some cool visuals a giant burning spider, webs made of fire, and a penance stare through eight eyes.
    Ghost Spider II?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Sorry, pal. That doesn't work. Since the worlds of Ghost Rider and Black Panther have been combined, it's logical that Robbie Reyes would be bonded with some of Black Panther's supporting cast. My idea?, Kasper Cole, who was both Black Panther and White Tiger for a short time. He could become "Ghost Tiger" this way.

While that is true lets not forget Shuri was fused with Riri Williams who has nothing to do with Ghost Rider. Not all of the warps have the most sound logic.

Yeah, they clearly went with the name pun there. I'd expected Riri to be merged with Sif, who doesn't seem to have a Warp.